It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr who Warwick Davis.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I think the next Dr Who should be Warwick Davis: he starred in Willow appeared in Harry Potter and lots of other things. Who agrees see his web site below.

www.warwickdavis.co.uk...

If anyone think him being a dwarf leaves him out of the running for future Dr who's, it was mentioned that Dr Who will not be able to control his next transformation.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

No way, Dr. Who is *constantly* running to and from danger in the show!

The first, let's say, human-speed monster that came along would have him for breakfast, sonic screwdriver or not.

Also, I'm sure they passed a law that forbids them from acting or living inside city limits. I mean, it's just not proper to exploit them, and put them in front of national TV to laugh at the circus freaks, right?

This was all mentioned in the documentary "Life's Too Short" where they follow him around so people are aware of their existence. I know its been debated hotly on here, but they DO exist and are terrifying to behold.

I wouldn't object to him being used in dwarf tossing sports, however...just not The Doctor.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I think he's a good actor and has great charisma. I'm not saying get any dwarf for Dr Who:that would be silly hiring someone just fr their height: but Warwick Davis I think would be great. About him not running very fast, there has been old Dr whos, so why not a short one. Any way Dr Who is about him using his sonic screwdriver and his brain; he could use the sonic screwdriver to get things from the top shelf. How about a mobility aid if necessary? He could get a spacey one. Yeah but maybe less running.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Wouldn't mind a female doctor - Zooey Deschanel in a tight catsuit running around would certainly boost the ratings (be still my dirty mind
)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by s12345
I think he's a good actor and has great charisma. I'm not saying get any dwarf for Dr Who:that would be silly hiring someone just fr their height: but Warwick Davis I think would be great. About him not running very fast, there has been old Dr whos, so why not a short one. Any way Dr Who is about him using his sonic screwdriver and his brain; he could use the sonic screwdriver to get things from the top shelf. How about a mobility aid if necessary? He could get a spacey one. Yeah but maybe less running.

I think he was joking

This was all mentioned in the documentary "Life's Too Short"

You was joking?, right!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

I see your Warwick Davis...

...and raise you Peter Dinklage...

I really like where this line of thought is going.

X.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
maybe he won't be able to control his next transformation and goes backwards and turns back into Tom Baker.

or perhaps they could go back to David Tennant since his NBC pilot didn't work out.

but in response to the OP, they can't go with a little person since there is a heck of a lot of running involved and he won't be able to out run anything, let alone all the doors that close with just enough time to get through (imagine how slow they would have to make doors close!!)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Dr Who can't be Peter Dinklage as Dr Who always has an English accent. I was not joking by the way; I think Warwick Davis would make a tremendous Dr Who.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

Dr Who can't be Peter Dinklage as Dr Who always has an English accent. I was not joking by the way; I think Warwick Davis would make a tremendous Dr Who.

Yeah, but Dinklage has a tremendous British accent on Game of Thrones, and I find him more compelling.

You know what? I actually think they will choose one of the two, I am glad you started this thread and we will all hearken back to it when we see one of these guys running the Tardis. But I am down for Dinklage, I think he would be better than Davis. So we have a friendly fan rivalry going.

I'm serious too.

X.

Peter Dinklage For Dr. Who: 2013!
edit on 24-3-2012 by Xoanon because: ha!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by s12345
I think the next Dr Who should be Warwick Davis: he starred in Willow appeared in Harry Potter and lots of other things. Who agrees see his web site below.

www.warwickdavis.co.uk...

If anyone think him being a dwarf leaves him out of the running for future Dr who's, it was mentioned that Dr Who will not be able to control his next transformation.

Are you Warwick Davis? As this sounds like something he would do as his character in "life's too short"

Great scene from the show.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
No I am not Warwick Davis. That's a really funny questions. Are you that Peter Dinklage bloke? Maybe we should start asking heights.
edit on 24-3-2012 by s12345 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-3-2012 by s12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Warwick Davis for prime minister. He has a good chance of getting in, he is the correct height to kiss arse.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Warwick Davis could be Davros, a child Darlek,a shunken time lord. He could have a tardis that is smaller on the inside, a reject one: a second.
edit on 27-3-2012 by s12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Better yet let's just lock down Matt Smith for the next decade

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I think Warwick would make a great doctor. Yes, there is LOADS of running involved, but thats generally with a female sidekick, so they should just get someone small like Kylie MInogue, (whoops they already did and she died).

Anyway, Warwick has two of the essential pre-requisits to be The Doc, hes british and hes white. Im fed up with this, how about a woman Dr? how about a black Dr? how about a black woman Dr? how about a black woman Dr who's a dwarf? cmon BBC, i thought you were into groundbreaking television!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
It would look great with the Darleks. The Darleks are normally the same height as the Dr, but instead they would be huge and he small.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by s12345

Think you will find that David Tennent who played Dr Who is Scottish and doesn't have an English accent lol

Darleks is daleks......

edit on 3-4-2012 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I vote Verne Troyer...

He can run too....

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by s12345

Genius! How about Verne Troyer as an international assistant?

Could then have episodes involving lots of jumping over obstacles. Would the funniest thing on tv by miles!

Ok, it may not be very PC, but did anyone watch the dwarf olympics a few years ago on tv? You get my thinking.......

Blupblup,

Damn you beat me to it!
edit on 3-4-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Yes but David Tenant played Dr Who with an english accent. Also he is British. I thought that Warwick Davis could appear if not as Dr Who then as a Galifreyan. Galifreyans weren't all Time Lords: in one episode it showed them as primitive stone age people living outside of the time lords protective half sphere. He could therefore have worked for the time lords and when things were about to go bad and have stolen a tardis to escape. He would not know that it was in for repairs: it would be smaller on the inside. It would therefore appear in an episode as a block of flats, but the size of a telephone box on the inside. He could still regenerate because if his mother worked for the time lords he could resemble the time lords in his ability to regenerate. The reason he could be small would be either: 1. he cannot control his regenerations, 2.he regenerated in the smaller inside tardis and so regenerated to fit, 3. is just small.

new topics

top topics

join