It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Activity in the Mediterranean Today - 33 Parallel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I've been paying more attention to the latest earthquake information lately. For the last year, I have been watching my 3D Earthquake map as well. I am noticing activity along the 33 parallel today that has not been this active. It stretches from Afghanistan / Iran through Spain.

Live Earthquake Map

Anyone else noticing this? It seems like there are more this week than there has been for sure.

edit on 24-3-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Jup, duly noted..
Lets hope it slows down, huh?
Don't want Morocco to get furture away from Spain, do we?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I've been watching the Med/Europe area for quakes for about 6 months now. No long term history for me..but I did observe the activity drop off recently to near silence for awhile.....similar to the the U.S. is right now (I'm not seeing anything remarkable in the U.S. since late Feb.) and now it's out of that lull for the Med region.

Beyond that though....the lull and resumption of activity in whatever way that works deep in the Earth, this doesn't strike me as radically strange for what I've been seeing for months in the area. Might I make a suggestion though? You probably already have this...I mean I doubt you're going by a disaster aggregator site for your source information....but just in case you're using USGS exclusively for Euro/Asian issues, here is something which may help:

CSEM/EMSC

That is the European version of the U.S.G.S. and if you dig a bit..they have a real neat feature in their mapping that USGS doesn't. At least not in such a simple way, they don't. You can use their maps and drag out a rectangle or manually set coordinates for the area, and then view history of ALL activity within the defined area for a defined historic period...from present day on back.

I find it helps immeasurably for seeing just what is normal to an area going back weeks..months..years..even longer. Oh well.. Hope that helps! ...and I wouldn't get too worried unles the swarms start in at 5 or 6 and above. Then? well.... It's been a great life huh?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Great link. Thank you.

new topics

top topics

join