It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11.5 million undocumented immigrants in U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

According to a DHS report, illegal immigration to the U.S.
has seemed to level off at current numbers.

Most likely as a result of high unemployment.

The 11.5 million figure is for 2011,
and that's down from the 2010 level of 11.6 million.

The report claims most "illegals" are from Mexico.

Mexico - 59%
another 14% from other Central American countries.

By Agence France-Presse
Saturday, March 24, 2012 4:24 EDT
The Raw Story

Some 11.5 million foreigners are living in the United States without proper immigration documents, according to estimates released Friday by the US Department of Homeland Security.

The figures, as of January 2011, show little difference from the 11.6 million figure published in 2010.

“These results suggest little to no change in the unauthorized immigrant population from 2010 to 2011,” DHS said in a report.

It is unlikely that the number of these migrants increased after 2007 “given relatively high US unemployment, improved economic conditions in Mexico, record low numbers of apprehensions of unauthorized immigrants at US borders, and greater levels of border enforcement,” the report said.

Mexicans represented 59 percent of all the undocumented migrants, followed by 14 percent from three Central American nations — six percent from El Salvador, five percent from Guatemala and three percent from Honduras.

China, the Philippines, India, South Korea and Vietnam all accounted for two percent each.

DHS said 31 percent of the unauthorized migrants — defined as all foreign-born non-citizens who are not legal residents — entered the country before 1995, 55 percent entered between 1995 and 2004, and only 14 percent have entered since 2005.

“Most unauthorized residents either entered the United States without inspection or were admitted temporarily and stayed past the date they were required to leave.” it added.

11.5 Million

I Wonder how they verify illegal immigrants ?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

11,500,001 when you count Obama

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
11.5 million foreign invaders in U.S.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Because of so many illegals we are now forced to speak a foreign language in order to get so much as a simple factory job. Press one for english. We have always had immigrants and thousands of languages are spoken here yet we cater to the spanish speaking community. In the past all immigrants came here with respect and gratitude and learned and spoke english. Once the invasion of illegals came everything changed.

I have always been very outspoken on this topic because of what I have seen and learned over the years. People will say that they are only here for a better life, but it is at the expense of citizens. We cannot have millions of illegals holding jobs while millions of citizens are unemployed and struggling to feed their families.

Illegals have no background checks, no health checks. Thousands of our citizens have lost their lives because of illegals simply because our laws were not enforced. It is way out of control.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

This seems like documentation, otherwise it is speculation.

Just saying.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I feel bad for DHS....the whole Government seems to suffer from Gore-Math. It's all just so fuzzy at that level....yes...the numbers are hard to nail down only when a Government beuarcrat is involved....

It seems to me..the estimates I heard during the huge nations amnesty debate during Bush put actual numbers of warm bodies between 15 and 25 million people with 8-12 as the number believed to be here with previous contact and a record in the system of any kind, at all.

When they can't even count the problem or come up with a half way decent estimate of what needs fixed...I'd say anything they have to say on the issue beyond that is so far into badly informed guesswork as to be worthless.

Perhaps some day we'll get a President (We haven't had one in 4 tries now) that actually belives enforcing U.S. law without bias is somewhere in his job description and might really do something about the issue of federal criminals by the millions running all over our land. I doubt it....none have since the 80's...but I can always hope.

The rule of law was such a nice thing back when the United States gave any value to it as a nation.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
That's a lot of documentation for undocumentation. But that in and of itself sounds pretty typical of a big government!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Assuming full employment at minimum wage, $7.25 per hour, by the adult members of the undocumented population (I used 60% of the 11.5 million as adults of working age at 40 hours per week for 45 weeks). Using those figures, and I think I'm low balling, that's over $90 billion in potential taxable yearly income not being collected. Yet according to the Treasury department, "undocumented workers" collected billions of dollars in tax credits last year!

IRS Is Paying Illegal Immigrants Billions of Dollars

No Social Security number? No problem.

The IRS paid out billions in refundable tax credits to undocumented immigrant workers last year, according to a new Treasury audit.

Federal law bars illegal immigrants from collecting tax benefits, like the Earned Income Tax Credit, that can be claimed by residents with Social Security numbers. But the Treasury report found that the tax code’s lack of clarity is allowing the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC), which reduces taxes owed by certain individuals with children, to be heavily claimed by undocumented workers;if their tax bills dip below zero, they can collect government checks.

This is ridiculous. We have Americans, both born here and naturalized, starving, out of work, living in the streets. Yet our porous borders allow just anyone to come here and bleed us dry.

We have a regular poster here on ATS (well, semi now that he's in the military), projectvxn, whose family are immigrants. They went through the system, a system that has worked for about 130 years now, and are now American citizens.

The 11.5 million that didn't go through the system legally yet are able to receive the same benefits are a slap in the face to them and the millions of others like them.

/TOA

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
They are ILLEGAL ALIENS not "UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANTS"

Don't let the weasels change the words to make something bad seem better than it really is.

If we were really to call it what it is, "INVADERS" would be the best term, as somebody has already pointed out.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Undocumented immigrants makes me laugh. They have documents, just fraudulant ones. Illegals are offended by the term illegal, well we are offended by their breaking laws. You don't call a bank robber financially challenged and then let him get away with it.

new topics

top topics

join