It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trayvon Martin according to friends taunted Columbian friend

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

How do you know he committed no crime? Did George Zimmerman beat himself up?

ha... how is zimmerman gonna try and pretend to play cop, if he cant defend himself against a skinny 17 year old kid.....

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by olliemc84
I wonder if Trayvon Martin would be pissed if he could hear all of you calling him a "kid".

Get off of it people. He was 17. He probably considered himself a man. Man enough to approach another man in an intimidating manner; with his hands at his waistband.

I don't know enough of the facts to say it was murder or self defense. But I doubt George Zimmerman beat himself up after assassinating a 17 year old on the street. Think people.

No doubt in my mind he considered himself a man. Also there's another thread here on ATS in which someone mentioned that the girlfriends statement was that as far as Trayvon had told her , the man had stopped him and asked him a question.If in fact it was true that is.But that's all it takes for many of these thug mentality kids is a statement or question they don't like,for them to fly off the handle throwing punches or reaching for a gun that may or may not be on their person.It's not a fun situation,and in my experience they are usually bluffing about whatever it is in their pocket that takes them 2 or 3 minutes of fiddling around in there,before pulling out the same empty hand that went in.He may have felt that Zimmerman had disrespected him by taking an active role in his community and asking him what he was up to,and then attacked him for the same reason.Its really not uncommon behavior.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AmericanPitBull

Dude if some 350lb galloot was following me in my own neighborhood I would not be all warm and fuzzy, that said without the surety you seem to have about the situation.

He was not in his own neighborhood. He was 250 miles from his home.

He would be 17 for 21 days. He died Feb. 26, a bullet in his chest, shot by a neighborhood crime watch captain patrolling a suburban gated townhouse community in Sanford, 250 miles from his home, where he had gone with his father after a school suspension. George Zimmerman, the shooter, has not been arrested,
sparking a growing wave of outrage manifested in daily rallies, petitions, speeches and media scrutiny.

Miami Herald

See the link, he was doing a ten day suspension from school at the time.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

I see people keep leaving out the part where Zman is following Trayvon...Which is revealed by his GF, who was on the phone with him...and the 911 dispatcher

carry on.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Vixen~

According to his teacher he was suspended for tardiness. I could only wish that the vast majority of kids in school nowadays only had that issue

See the link to the Miami Herald article that I just posted above. There are conflicting stories about why he was suspended. The article that I linked says that he was in an unauthorized area of the school.

ETA: This is one of the reasons why people need to let a thorough investigation be made. How can we pass any sort of judgement about this when the 'facts' we have to deal with are so very muddled at this point?
edit on 24-3-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Trayvon was YOUNG. Most everyone has done something foolish in our youth, such as torment another person.

I'm not seeing a rap sheet or a history where Trayvon purposefully set out to attack Columbians, or other races.

It seems as if many on this forum actually believe this young man deserved his death that day.

ASIDE from race here, remove race out of the entire equation..... just for a moment.

Zimmerman was out of control with his weapon. He was acting out of control. He approached everything all wrong. He was asked by dispatch not to approach Trayvon.

I'd bet the farm on Trayvon being pretty scared when he saw a big guy with a gun coming for him. Would you fight for your life if someone was coming for you? Or just stand there?

Trayvon had every right to defend himself, as he was not hostile and was not stalking Zimmerman.

Zimmerman got scared because it was late, because it was a black kid. He was the one who was terrified and went off half cocked, acting crazy..... approaching who he thought was a suspect. He used bad judgement.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
When I say I don't know why Obama even mentioned it, I mean I don't know of a good reason why he mentioned it.

Good meaning morally justified, virtuous, etc.

Think I might have the answer and it comes from obamas buddy rahm emanuel. Remember this gem. " You never want a serious crisis to go to waste." That's the only reason obamas sticking his nose into this.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
oops

edit on 24-3-2012 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

besides that, even the columbian friend said that he'd say his name over pronouncing the r's which he found hysterical...so it wasnt taunting.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahmonrarh
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

besides that, even the columbian friend said that he'd say his name over pronouncing the r's which he found hysterical...so it wasnt taunting.

There's often more to racial taunting than that.

I work with a Hispanic man that has racial taunts thrown his way. He laughs about it publicly, but he dislikes the taunts and the people that do the taunting. He chooses to let it go because he doesn't want any problems.

Since he doesn't outwardly object, does that make the racial taunting a funny thing?
Does it make it acceptable?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Okay, so the kid wasn't a perfect martyr? Good! Whew, I'm glad he deserved to be snuffed, otherwise I might have to do some soul searching and question this society we've all helped to make...

But on a serious note, I wish I were personally evolved enough NOT to want certain "people" to experience constant explosive diarrhea for the rest of their time on earth.
edit on 3/24/2012 by Baddogma because: you try typing "diarrhea" over the rim of a margarita

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
Build up to a racial powder keg?

Justification for stronger control over fire-arms?

I really don't know why the president had to say anything about it.

I don't know if it has to do with firearms specifically but as long as people are arguing over trivial crap that they choose to feed you through the media and your attention is turned towards that you can't be putting any effort into searching for the truth about larger issues and or fighting where there needs to be a fight.

1. Feed people fluoride,
2. dull their brains,
3. give them something shiny to keep their attention,
4. Bend them over the collective barrel.
5. repeat starting at step #3 over & over.......

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy

I really don't know why the president had to say anything about it.

that was my first thought, obama doesnt comment on anything and all of a sudden he makes a statement about some kid? heaps of kids die around america everyday, yet he chose this..why?

Never let a good crisis go to waste.

2nd

U

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I don't know about you, but making fun of your freinds is a typical guy thing. It is pretty normal and done as a joke, which makes this not worth speculating over, especially since the Colombian guy is labeled as his freind.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
the reason there has been no arrest in this case is because there has been no crime committed. in the State of Florida, if you are being attacked, THE LAW states that you have the RIGHT to pull out a gun and shoot your attacker (whatever size, age, or color they are) in a location of your own choosing. its tragic the kid got killed, but everyone's problem should be with the State of Florida and their law, not with the guy who got beat up and acted within the boundaries of that law.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

I can't tell if this OP is serious. Because he's joking around with his friends, it's suddenly racism?

Am I interpreting this thread wrong?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesynyster32
#ing ignorant, look at the other side of the argument before you speak. the mother#er was a racist neighborhood watch asshole.

Actually he was a self appointed captain of an unregistered neighborhood watch program. He had absolutely no authority to question, harass or detain anyone.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

Hahahaha I don't believe that Mitt Rick or Ron will get the majority of the African American Votes, when you have 4th generation welfare recipents on the role, why would anyone want to shake the tree, I was in a bank in watts one day and there were more cadillacs parked out side, and two huge lines inside and a very muscular gentleman with lots of Gold Bling was voicing his displeasure because he had to go from one line where he was getting his welfare check to another line for his food stamps.

He said he did not have all day for this biweekly procedure as he had "things to do" go figure, do you think it was a Job?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join