It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mex, NM, CA, WA VOLCANOs AWAKENING, Scientists warn new data proves 'MegaQuake' likely

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Cascadia & Carrizozo Lavic volcanoes are coming out of dormancy

yeh yeh the 2nd video (only) is Dutchinse

but yeah... now scientists are agreeing its gonna be a huge one

^@ 4:04 Geologist shows us the very spot the earth WILL break apart (underwater)

@ 6:50 predicted quake zone: BC, Wash, Or Cali (JuandeFuca)

@ 21:00 Tn, Ky, Ak, Mn (Wabash)

New FEMA P646 you know what that means..

edit on 24-3-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The person in the first video (John Vidale) is now a member of ATS.

You could probably ask him about this for more detail or ping TrueAmerican.

S&F OP.

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

I really enjoyed watching the video's. Thank you. I also thought it was cool to see what John looks likes. Boy if I wasn't married I'd be following him all over ATS. Looks and brains!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
this worries me. im from cali and we all know its just a matter of time. oh boy interesting 2012

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Not so sure about the volcanoes becoming active but I agree that the Cascadia fault is due, and in my opnion earlier than the geologists say.

There are several quite lengthy discussions about this subject on ATS both in threads by westcoast and on Quake Watch 2012

edit on 24/3/2012 by PuterMan because: to fix a tag

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
S & F

Very sound.

Very interesting.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Ive been saying this since last year. 10 days before perigee may 6..

just watch the 10 days before the next perigee april 7th like last month I think this is the timezone we should be watching for larger quakes.

and location right now i am noticing SO cal and Alaska acting like the japan side of the ring of fire was last year.

west coast be prepared.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
You guys are saying that an actual scientist and professor actually posts on this website?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I watched the Video but I am still missing the new data that proves a larger quake is coming they did say the fault was deep and it would cause more damage but so far it sounds like allot of fear mongering saying this could happen and that could happen.

but no reasons why? other than volcanoes coming out of their dormancy which did happen alot before the japan quake last year also near the perigee of the moon and as im sure you all know Magma is a liquid

after watching the Video again this is what i get..

the japan quake was deep and the scientists are just realizing this now, that all the damage from the japan quake was because the epicenter was deep. researchers were actually surprised that the strongest shaking came from the deepest part of the quake!?!? umm DUH it was a deep quake we knew this right after the quake hit.

there is no prediction here just the fact that a megaquake on the cascadia fault would be bigger than scientist previously thought.
basically be more scared people a big one COULD hit... I hate reporting like this pretty much useless info just regurgitated to make a story. not you OP the first vid link.
edit on 3/24/2012 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I don't believe this is fear-mongering at all due to the fact that we all know that the "Big One" is overdue and will hit at some point in the future. The big question is WHEN it will occur. I have been reading and watching the Quake forums for several years now and realize that we have some very knowledgeable people in these forums when it comes to quakes.

I follow closely what Puterman says and thinks about these situations because I know that he studies this daily. Although nobody really knows when the big one will happen, there are those who might see impending signs of it coming. If Puterman says he thinks it will happen in a certain time period, then I will take notice of why he believes this.

I live in the New Madrid Zone and while I am prepared, I don't worry about it daily and have not or will not change my life or routine because of it. There is nothing I can do about it, but make preparations in case it happens in my lifetime.

Thanks OP for this thread. It is always good to stay up to date on these things...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by graphuto
You guys are saying that an actual scientist and professor actually posts on this website?

So far, only one poster has said that,

Perhaps if actually true, the Professor will chime in here or maybe someone can link to their relevant post(s)?

I havent seeen any yet...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Yes John Vidale is a member....he posts a lot here www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
He's the director of the pacific NW Seismic Network

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
its kinda refreshing to see that none of these videos are about how haarp is going to cause these quakes

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by graphuto

Why do you think so many people use ATS? ATS is a pretty elaborate filled pool of intellectuals, and people from the GOV battling each other to let us all know about how the world really is, not how FOX news portrays it.

Here is a thread with the same question:www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Thats a right-on statement, sam.

That last vid, about how Cascadia's ground really is, Is the stuff of one's worst nightmares-come-real. Everyone should watch it.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Not sure why you mentioned FOX News?...
FOX news has their own opinions just like we do here. Many have predicted a Mega Quake is coming...but when is the answer?...

That is a lot of locations CA, NM, WA, MEX...According to that 188 Day Theory ...the circle is moving upwards towards Western USA. Which would make sense with these locations .....but we cannot predict Quakes. As for Volcanoes erupting, that is something we have a better idea on predicting. Prior to Mt. St. Helen's the activity of gases being spewed became more frequent and larger gave a better idea of when it may be erupting. Yet you cannot pin point an exact time...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I hadn't head WA has at least a 3+ to 4 mag quake just about every day or so these days till now. Wow.

And in other news/areas SC had a lil one today, Wisconsin has been having pre-quake booms nightly now, and Madrid Fault area have been having 2s and 3s lately. Thats just USA and minor, as the big ones continue to happen to be all outside of the USA.. but where next?

It's like the ground under various parts of USA is churning these days and might buckle erupt and/or quake at any moment to make up for the relative past long grace period or silence before the 'storm' in this case including even the expected Megaquake.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

some astronomical food for thought...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Most important Thread so far read and Must remain active.

Please note the following for the present thread OP plus highly informative videos and given region say so much in such a brief time.

Could present 'Mysterious Booming sounds plus house shakes be caused by present sub-surface actions ???

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

Added the above simply because it is Tennessee, one region mentioned in OPs advice videos.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Excellent videos! I of course watched all of them with full attention. I had no idea that the Cascadia area was potentially so deadly. I learned a lot tonight, and I definitely appreciate this post.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join