It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Robison: Various Crucial Spiritual, Political, Cultural, Globalist, Values, END TIMES Issues

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

However, those other believers in Jesus, i.e - the Muslims, are facing real threats from Western governments in the forms of bombs and armies showing up at their doorsteps.

1. Again . . . believing that Jesus existed doesn't count. Satan knows that. His demonic forces and the fallen angels know that.

2. The Marxist satanic globalists are artists at setting different groups against each other. It helps them achieve a couple of high priority goals:

A) Shredding the current values and order of things to enable easier setting up overtly of the satanic Marxist global government.

B) Genocidally reduce the global population.

3. The Marxist satanic globalist intention is that the "Christian" nations and the Muslim nations will mostly eradicate each other and a major chunk of the rest of the world together.

So its the muslims who they will continue to hunt down like rats.

Yet again your research and knowledge seem to be grossly lacking.

1. It is the Muslims who have DEMONSTRATED the ruthless persistence to hunt down NONMuslims like rats and to then brutally and barbarically murder them individually, in groups--however much and many they can engineer.

2. That's far from the authentic Christian way to influence anything.

3. However, I have no confidence in my ability to influence your beliefs about anything. Enjoy your fantasies.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Sounds like MORE nonsensical, somewhat mystifying blather, to me.

1. The satanic Marxist globalists have a death grip on world policy making. I've studied their efforts for 45 years. There's absolutely no doubt of that.

Anyone who doubts their own words in their own speeches and documents . . . is simply denying reality as well as multiplying ignorance.

I think the problem may stem from you only looking at the problem from one perspective(conservative right wing Christian). You already think of the problem (satanic globalization) as a Marxist plot. Therefore you ignore any view from the left as tainted by "Marxism".

While researching for a response to your NGO v Government assertion, I came across an interesting article by Arundhati Roy, Capitalism: A Ghost Story. I challenge you to read the views of a non-Westerner. As difficult as she finds it to speak up, she does any way.

But which of us sinners was going to cast the first stone? Not me, who lives off royalties from corporate publishing houses. We all watch Tata Sky, we surf the net with Tata Photon, we ride in Tata taxis, we stay in Tata Hotels, we sip our Tata tea in Tata bone china and stir it with teaspoons made of Tata Steel. We buy Tata books in Tata bookshops. Hum Tata ka namak khate hain. We’re under siege.

If the sledgehammer of moral purity is to be the criterion for stone-throwing, then the only people who qualify are those who have been silenced already. Those who live outside the system; the outlaws in the forests or those whose protests are never covered by the press, or the well-behaved dispossessed, who go from tribunal to tribunal, bearing witness, giving testimony.

She does a very decent job tracing the "philanthropic" ventures of wealthy capitalists to actually fund the foundations which become the funding mechanism for left wing sentiment.

Corporate-endowed foundations administer, trade and channelise their power and place their chessmen on the chessboard, through a system of elite clubs and think-tanks, whose members overlap and move in and out through the revolving doors. Contrary to the various conspiracy theories in circulation, particularly among left-wing groups, there is nothing secret, satanic, or Freemason-like about this arrangement. It is not very different from the way corporations use shell companies and offshore accounts to transfer and administer their money—except that the currency is power, not money.
. . .
One century after it began, corporate philanthropy is as much part of our lives as Coca Cola. There are now millions of non-profit organisations, many of them connected through a byzantine financial maze to the larger foundations. Between them, this “independent” sector has assets worth nearly 450 billion dollars. The largest of them is the Bill Gates Foundation with ($21 billion), followed by the Lilly Endowment ($16 billion) and the Ford Foundation ($15 billion).

As the IMF enforced Structural Adjustment, and arm-twisted governments into cutting back on public spending on health, education, childcare, development, the NGOs moved in. The Privatisation of Everything has also meant the NGO-isation of Everything. As jobs and livelihoods disappeared, NGOs have become an important source of employment, even for those who see them for what they are. And they are certainly not all bad.

The left - the right, it's all funded by the same monied elite. The problems aren't one side v the other, it's the same group of actors at the top. Read the article. If you have a problem understanding it. Read it over until you do.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

You sure come up with plenty of NON-SEQUITURS.

Some of the quotes in of the globalists I've linked to above say the same thing.

The Ford Foundation Is a chief example.

NONE OF THOSE ILK OF THINGS

are engineered and ran--at least not still--by Authentic Christians toward Authentic Christian goals.

All your post succeeded in pointing out was that

NGO groups of globalists are still behaving like governmental satanic Marxist globalists.

!DOH!

What a surprise!

!NOT!

Sigh.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

7. The FACT remains that ALMIGHTY GOD PROMISED that those who blessed the children of Jacob would be blessed and those who cursed them would be cursed. Only ignorant, rebellious idiots believe that ALMIGHTY GOD doesn't mean what He said or hasn't the power or will to back up His Words with emphatic actions.

I'll just look at this statement for a bit.

The person you take to be "Almighty God" would be this Yahweh character from Genesis chapter 12, who talked to Abram (according to the story).

1 Now Yahweh said to Abram, “Get out of your country, and from your relatives, and from your father’s house, to the land that I will show you. 2 I will make of you a great nation. I will bless you and make your name great. You will be a blessing. 3 I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse him who curses you. All of the families of the earth will be blessed in you.”

Oh, that's Abram, not Jacob, by the way. Some Christians (like Paul in Galatians) take that as being fulfilled through Jesus and not through ongoing genetics.

I don't personally call the Yahweh character God. I do see though that you recognize him as a "trashing, thrashing", destroying sort of character. That seems quite consistent with the depictions made by the authors, editors, and compilers of the Old Testament. All the World's problems solved through divine slaughter. "Every last globalist will pay dearly. All record of their ever having existed will also be wiped from the planet."

Have you ever considered switching to a different god, one a little less bloodthirsty?
edit on 26-3-2012 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

ALMIGHTY GOD

IS ALTOGETHER GOOD.

It is His nature. He cannot be less.

Those who sit in judgment of Him . . . welllllll, humility does not seem to be familiar to them.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

ALMIGHTY GOD

IS ALTOGETHER GOOD.

It is His nature. He cannot be less.

I will assume that you are continuing to refer to Yahweh as "ALMIGHTY GOD". I'm sure there are places in the Old Testament where claims of goodness are made. But let's stack that up with the story of Yahweh himself.

Deuteronomy 6 - WEB
10 It shall be, when Yahweh your God shall bring you into the land which he swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give you, great and goodly cities, which you didn’t build, 11 and houses full of all good things, which you didn’t fill, and cisterns dug out, which you didn’t dig, vineyards and olive trees, which you didn’t plant, and you shall eat and be full; 12 then beware lest you forget Yahweh, who brought you forth out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

The manner Yahweh chose to give the land, was not by giving the land, but rather by giving the permission to go in and take it from the inhabitants who were already living there. Permission to dispossess and steal. It gets worse.

13 You shall fear Yahweh your God; and you shall serve him, and shall swear by his name. 14 You shall not go after other gods, of the gods of the peoples who are around you; 15 for Yahweh your God in the midst of you is a jealous God; lest the anger of Yahweh your God be kindled against you, and he destroy you from off the face of the earth.

He threatens the Israelites with extermination themselves if they seek a better God. To insure purity of singular devotion, he commands genocide against the people whose land he has given permission to steal from:

Deut. 7
2 and when Yahweh your God shall deliver them up before you, and you shall strike them; then you shall utterly destroy them: you shall make no covenant with them, nor show mercy to them; 3 neither shall you make marriages with them; your daughter you shall not give to his son, nor shall you take his daughter for your son. 4 For he will turn away your son from following me, that they may serve other gods: so the anger of Yahweh would be kindled against you, and he would destroy you quickly. 5 But you shall deal with them like this: you shall break down their altars, and dash their pillars in pieces, and cut down their Asherim, and burn their engraved images with fire.

And again, the penalty for failing to cut off all civilized dealings with the inhabitants is quick destruction.

Those who sit in judgment of Him . . . welllllll, humility does not seem to be familiar to them.

What does humility have to do with anything. Let his own words stand as witness to what he is.

This commanded genocide never was completed. Again and again the story goes that the inhabitants remained. Therefore, the land was never theirs. Any attempt now in modern times with modern so called Jewish State of Israel is a first time event.

never-ending theft of Palestine in the name of the Jewish people is part of a spiritual, ideological, cultural and practical continuum between the Bible, Zionist ideology and the State of Israel (along with its overseas supporters). Israel and Zionism, both successful political systems, have instituted the plunder promised by the Hebrew God in the Judaic holy scriptures.

Atzmon, Gilad (2011-09-30). The Wandering Who: A Study of Jewish Identity Politics (Kindle Locations 1739-1741). NBN_Mobi_Kindle. Kindle Edition.

Accordingly, the ‘Jewish people’ is a made-up notion, consisting of an imaginary past with very little to back it up forensically, historically or textually. Furthermore, Sand, who elaborated on early sources from antiquity, comes to the conclusion that Jewish exile is also a myth, and that the present-day Palestinians are far more likely to be the descendants of the ancient Semitic people in Judea/Canaan than the current, predominantly Khazarian-origin, Ashkenazi crowd, which he admits he belongs to himself.

Ibid. (Kindle Locations 1916-1920).

edit on 27-3-2012 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Israel was founded by Marxists.(meaning the modern, zionist, so-called state illegally occupying Palestine)
I don't know where the Bible predicts any of this, and I understand Jesus is the fulfillment of Old Testament prophecy. (the actual Israel being the church established by Jesus)
edit on 26-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

The idea that The Church of Jesus the Christ REPLACED Israel in the Promises to Abraham is heretical UNBiblical blather from hell.

As Jer 31:31-37 declares

33 “But this is the new covenant I will make with the people of Israel on that day,” says the Lord. “I will put my instructions deep within them, and I will write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. 34 And they will not need to teach their neighbors, nor will they need to teach their relatives, saying, ‘You should know the Lord.’ For everyone, from the least to the greatest, will know me already,” says the Lord. “And I will forgive their wickedness, and I will never again remember their sins.”

35 It is the Lord who provides the sun to light the day
and the moon and stars to light the night,
and who stirs the sea into roaring waves.
His name is the Lord of Heaven’s Armies,
and this is what he says:
36 “I am as likely to reject my people Israel
as I am to abolish the laws of nature!”

37 This is what the Lord says:
“Just as the heavens cannot be measured
and the foundations of the earth cannot be explored,
so I will not consider casting them away
for the evil they have done.
I, the Lord, have spoken!

There's NOT A SHRED of blasphemous REPLACEMENTARIANISM in all of Scripture the whole idea is an insult to God's character and God's Word as the unchanging ever faithful God to perform HIS [color=6699ff]EVERLASTING PROMISES.

Christians are GRAFTED IN. They do NOT REPLACE the children of Jacob as Paul makes abundantly clear in Romans 11.

Israel's founding in 1948 is arguable . . . in terms of the Marxists . . . REGARDLESS . . . God has always used whatever and whoever HE CHOSE TO ACHIEVE HIS GOALS.

[color=6699ff]HE ALONE manages Israel's affairs. They have a special role in all Creation and Scripture is quite clear about that.

Revelation and Daniel make sufficiently clear that Israel would be regathered at the time of the END TIMES global satanic government. Christians who aren't aware of that are not sufficiently well read in the Bible to warrant . . . much respect for their Bible knowledge.

Given that ALMIGHTY GOD OWNS ALL CREATION.

GIVEN THAT ALMIGHTY GOD gave much more than the land currently in Israel's borders to the children of Jacob--AND THAT HE HAS THE WILL AND POWER AND SCHEDULE TO DELIVER ON THAT PROMISE

There's NO rational way to claim that Israel occupies the Holy Land illegally.

However, those who think they have sufficient stature are welcome to take it up with Almighty God. I'm sure He'd be impressed with their lack of Biblical awareness and in their faithlessness about HIS CHARACTER.

Sigh. I think I'm a bit shocked to see REPLACEMENTARIANISM rear its ugly irrational head on ATS.

edit on 27/3/2012 by BO XIAN because: color change

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Enjoy your fantasies as long as you can.

They do not remotely match my construction on reality.

Time will tell how they work out for you.

I see little to no rational justification for pretending that an authentic dialogue is possible between us.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

This sounds like a threat to me.

You are implying that time will tell Pthena wrong. He is not giving any predictions. Maybe you feel he is saying your predictions are wrong. How can you prove they are right? Can you give a guaranteed date to where your predictions will have played out as you described, where we can say 'BO XIAN was right'?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

The idea that The Church of Jesus the Christ REPLACED Israel in the Promises to Abraham is heretical UNBiblical blather from hell.
However you define "biblical". How about in terms of being unchristian? Do you have an argument coming from the New Testament? I would propose that you are not actually a Christian but some form of quasi Jew. You diminish Jesus to a mere sacrificial animal and await another Messiah, one similar to the one that the Jews in the time of Christ were expecting, and killed Jesus for their disappointment in.

As Jer 31:31-37 declares
Do you have a copy of Jeremiah saying that which was written before the Christian era?
That was a later addition to the book which is not found in earlier versions.

There's NOT A SHRED of blasphemous REPLACEMENTARIANISM in all of Scripture the whole idea is an insult to God's character and God's Word as the unchanging ever faithful God to perform HIS EVERLASTING PROMISES.
Paul said that the promise was expanded to include the whole world, by belief in Jesus, who is the seed of Abraham, and through whom the entire world is blessed. What you call replacement is the very bases for Christianity.

Christians are GRAFTED IN. They do NOT REPLACE the children of Jacob as Paul makes abundantly clear in Romans 11.
Gentiles are grafted in, not to Israel, but where Israel was growing from, which is the root, which represents the blessings from God. The former Israel, represented by the Jews, were cut off from that blessing, and replaced by the believers who as a whole make up the church.

Israel's founding in 1948 is arguable . . . in terms of the Marxists . . . REGARDLESS . . . God has always used whatever and whoever HE CHOSE TO ACHIEVE HIS GOALS.
What goals of God has the modern so-called state calling itself Israel accomplished? If you say glorifying God, then I would have to say quite the opposite, that they have made the name of the Jew's god a curse word in the mouths of the enemies they have created. How have they blessed the world?

HE ALONE manages Israel's affairs. They have a special role in all Creation and Scripture is quite clear about that.
The real Israel is God's people, and we know who they are in that they are the ones who accept Jesus as the Messiah, and the coming of the Lord on earth to set things right.

Revelation and Daniel make sufficiently clear that Israel would be regathered at the time of the END TIMES global satanic government. Christians who aren't aware of that are not sufficiently well read in the Bible to warrant . . . much respect for their Bible knowledge.
These books give some symbolic imagery that one could take as implying an end time, but Christianity teaches that Jesus brought about the end time when he was crucified, and the powers of the world were judged. Jesus was the fulfillment of the Lord bringing about an end.

There's NO rational way to claim that Israel occupies the Holy Land illegally.
There are legal ways, which is why I used the word, illegal, earlier. There were international laws established at the end of WW II which were passed to prevent exactly what the so-called Jewish state did to the Palestinians which was to take territory by way of conquest. The argument made by the defenders of Israel (the so-called by themselves) argue that Palestine was not a country in order to have territory to be taken away. The Palestinians themselves, as a people, constitute a country.

However, those who think they have sufficient stature are welcome to take it up with Almighty God.
So, what you are basically saying is that you have no real way to argue your case, but feel you must be right because you believe you are right.

edit on 27-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

1. Again . . . believing that Jesus existed doesn't count. Satan knows that. His demonic forces and the fallen angels know that.

Muslims dont just believe "Jesus existed". They honor him as the messiah who will return to slay the anti-christ. In fact, no one can call himself a muslim, unless he believes in Jesus.
I know Christians burn up knowing that muslims also await Jesus, but its a fact. Christians cannot have Jesus all to themselves.

1. It is the Muslims who have DEMONSTRATED the ruthless persistence to hunt down NONMuslims like rats and to then brutally and barbarically murder them individually, in groups--however much and many they can engineer.

Except Muslims are not bombing and invading christian lands to wipe out christians.
Instead they are on the receiving end of bombs and invading armies. Its a sad fact.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

They do not remotely match my construction on reality.

You claimed, on another thread, to teach college level Intro to Psychology. I assume then, that you have taken classes in Developmental Psychology. What results from a single worldview consistently held to as the framework to explain all observable phenomena? Isn't it somewhat akin to a bubble, or even the famous cave analogy of Plato? (The Republic, Book VII).

Plato lets Socrates describe a group of people who have lived chained to the wall of a cave all of their lives, facing a blank wall. The people watch shadows projected on the wall by things passing in front of a fire behind them, and begin to ascribe forms to these shadows. According to Plato's Socrates, the shadows are as close as the prisoners get to viewing reality. He then explains how the philosopher is like a prisoner who is freed from the cave and comes to understand that the shadows on the wall do not make up reality at all, as he can perceive the true form of reality rather than the mere shadows seen by the prisoners.
en.wikipedia.org...

I would suggest that you may be the one caught in your own "construction on reality". And TPTB in the NWO have no problem allowing people to remain in separate, isolated cult cells. The cult of Yahweh demands such isolation (for the cult member's own protection, of course).

Time will tell how they work out for you.

Numbers 33:55 “But if you do not drive out the inhabitants of the land from before you, then those you let remain of them will be as pricks in your eyes and as thorns in your sides, and they will harass you in the land in which you dwell. 56 It shall happen that as I thought to do to them, so will I do to you.”

It seems to me that the only salvation from his own wrath that Yahweh offers to his cult, is through the killing of those that aren't members of his cult. So much the worse for me I guess. As Jesus said, "They will put you out of the synagogues. Yes, the time comes that whoever kills you will think that he offers service to God."John 16:2.

I see little to no rational justification for pretending that an authentic dialogue is possible between us.

See the comments made above.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

What goals of God has the modern so-called state calling itself Israel accomplished? If you say glorifying God, then I would have to say quite the opposite, that they have made the name of the Jew's god a curse word in the mouths of the enemies they have created. How have they blessed the world?

You really should get Atzmon's book. It really explains how it is that the Zionism of the 1890s (a completely secular attempt at maintaining tribal Jewish identity as opposed to post emancipation assimilation) morphed into a secular and religious phenomenon. The completely secular story of Esther, and Purim (completely man made "holy" celebration of Jewish ability to save tribal identity, irrespective of divine intervention).

The new religion of Jewishness(whether as religion, tribal identity, or ideology(left & right wing)) is all encompassed in Holocaust religion. That's a concept I've been trying to understand and explain for some time now. Atzmon really nails it down.

The old Secular Zionism has run its course, replaced by worldwide Holocaust religion.

Professor Yeshayahu Leibowitz, a Latvian-born philosopher at the Hebrew University, was probably first to suggest that the Holocaust has become the new Jewish religion. The Israeli philosopher Adi Ophir also pointed out91 that far from being merely a historical narrative, ‘The Holocaust’ contains numerous essential religious elements. It has priests (e.g. Simon Wiesenthal, Elie Wiesel, Deborah Lipstadt) and prophets (Shimon Peres, Binyamin Netanyahu, those who warn of the Iranian Judeocide to come). It has commandments and dogmas (e.g. ‘Never Again’) and rituals (memorial days, pilgrimage to Auschwitz, etc). It has an established,esoteric symbolic order (e.g. kapos , gas chambers, chimneys, dust, shoes, the figure of the Musselmann , etc). It also has a temple, Yad Vashem, and shrines – Holocaust museums – in capital cities worldwide. The Holocaust religion is also maintained by a massive global financial network, what Norman Finkelstein terms the ‘Holocaust industry’, as well as such institutions as the Holocaust Education Trust. This new religion is coherent enough to define its ‘antichrists’ (Holocaust deniers), and powerful enough to persecute them (through Holocaust-denial and hate-speech laws).

It took me many years to understand that the Holocaust, the core belief of the contemporary Jewish faith, was not an historical narrative, for historical narratives do not need the protection of the law and politicians. At a certain moment in time, a horrible chapter in the history of humanity was given an exceptionally meta-historical status. Its ‘factuality’ was sealed with draconian laws, and its reasoning secured by social and political institutions.

Atzmon, Gilad (2011-09-30). The Wandering Who: A Study of Jewish Identity Politics (Kindle Locations 2110-2124). NBN_Mobi_Kindle. Kindle Edition.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

You really should get Atzmon's book.

I put that on my wish list earlier when you mentioned it.
Amazon is telling me that it is not available in the US in Kindle version.
It looks like you have it somehow.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Amazon is telling me that it is not available in the US in Kindle version.
It looks like you have it somehow.

That's odd. I got it just a couple of days ago. It's not like paperless books must be physically in stock. A suspicious person might think that someone doesn't want the book read. Nah! Couldn't be!

Anyway, it's a lot easier to understand than the Bowman book, as far as how Esther fits in with Jewish thought and custom. Man made holiday(Purim) celebrating Jewish ability to penetrate World politics and turn the tables for their own benefit. Kind of a self worship of Jewish-ness.

I just checked. It says not available to customers from United States. Hopefully, no one breaks into my harddrive to confiscate "illegal contraband".

UK version here: I don't know how they handle exchange from pounds.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I don't know anyone who's real accurate about timelines.

It seems to me the pace of the satanic Marxists' rush to their evil tyrannical global government is picking up.

I'd GUESSTIMATE that within 5-25 years it will all be even MORE abundantly clear. Likely in 25 years, it will be over. Done, Fini.

The PRINCE OF PEACE will Reign.

AKIANE’S PAINTING OF PRINCE OF PEACE:

www.artakiane.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

I would suggest that you may be the one caught in your own "construction on reality". And TPTB in the NWO have no problem allowing people to remain in separate, isolated cult cells. The cult of Yahweh demands such isolation (for the cult member's own protection, of course).

Heres the christian end times script in a nutshell...

Christians are collectively "the damsel in distress".
The anti-christ is the villain.
Everybody else are the villains henchmen.
And Jesus returns to slay the villain...and his henchmen.

So, the Christian expectations of the end times involve their persecution at the hands of the anti-christs forces....for the reason that they are christian.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

That's odd. I got it just a couple of days ago. It's not like paperless books must be physically in stock. A suspicious person might think that someone doesn't want the book read. Nah! Couldn't be!

Being a suspicious type person, I would say some big bucks got payed to the right people to hush it up.
I thought it was very odd and why I mentioned it.
Enough to make someone paranoid if they weren't already.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

The PRINCE OF PEACE will Reign.

Like I said, you are looking for another Messiah.
Mine rules now.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Christians are collectively "the damsel in distress".
The anti-christ is the villain.
Everybody else are the villains henchmen.
And Jesus returns to slay the villain...and his henchmen.

So, the Christian expectations of the end times involve their persecution at the hands of the anti-christs forces....for the reason that they are christian.

I don't recall whether you mentioned how long you spent as a Christian. I spent decades. I've come up with some explanation as to how it is that old mainstream denominations lack the persecution complex suffered by newer fringe groups (however, sadly, the fringe is becoming the norm in the U.S.)

The Early (Catholic) theologies were developing while the classical thought was still active. Therefore (as obvious by my reading of Augustine's On the Trinity), classic Greek and Roman philosophy were utilized. Hence the God of Christian dogmatics was a purely idealized universal being, not at all identical with the story book character from the Old Testament(the one who walks on legs, eats with Abraham, smites with plagues, all for the benefit of a particular tribe, at the expense of all others).

The Protestant Reformation was occurring simultaneously with the Renaissance (rebirth of classic Western culture). Similarly, the God of Protestant Theology (as evidenced in my reading of Calvin's Institutes of the Christian Religion) was a construct of universal ideals. The Old Testament character was merely assumed to be identical with excuses made for seeming incompatibility, and with not much thought given about actual commands issued by the story book character.

The current trend in American Christian thought is that the idealized universal God is somehow a Pagan character whereas the Old Testament Yahweh is the real deal. So American Fundamentalists despise intellectual pursuits, such as History, Textual criticism, Philosophy, etc. They cleave to the "old time religion" of tribalist particularism. They fully embrace Yahweh as their cult god. They, like the Jews, see themselves as the small persecuted minority, with a huge heaping of self centered feeling sorry for myselfism.

Ethics, as reflected by Kant’s categorical imperative, is also bound up with temporality: ‘act only according to that maxim whereby you can at the same time will that it should become a universal law’. Kant reviews the moral act in respect to its temporal perspective. The universal law is looked upon from the perspective of the future and past. Ethics and temporality can be seen as an endless dialogue between ‘yesterday’ and ‘tomorrow’.

Atzmon, Gilad (2011-09-30). The Wandering Who: A Study of Jewish Identity Politics (Kindle Locations 2516-2519). NBN_Mobi_Kindle. Kindle Edition.

Atzmon, with his Masters in Philosophy, seems to understand Kant's Ethics better than I ever could.

The Jewish concept that one privileged group is permitted to kill and steal (or else) is alive and well in fringe (albeit majority American) Christianity, taking its cue from OT. Ethics then are not a requisite to pleasing God, for they think that the cult character Yahweh is God. Therefore murder is good if Yahweh says so.

Instead of Ethics, fringe Christians embrace a morality which would say, "bombing people in other countries is good and moral, but allowing homosexuals to live openly in society is bringing the wrath of a vengeful god upon our heads"

I have noticed that in the lists of 99 name for Allah, Yahweh is not included. I find that encouraging.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join