It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Was Obama really joking about Roswell?

page: 2
6
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerLou
It seems as if :
He takes nothing serious but his own undertakings/agenda.

Laughs when asked a serious question. Mocking at the people?

Threatens ''would have to kill you if I told you" seems a bit extreme imo, especially to a kid asking a serious question. He undoubtably finds the subject ridiculous?

Or he is a freakin' muslim alien after all!

ETA: SnF!
edit on 24-3-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)


c'mon...the phrase " if i tell you, i will have to kill you" has been around for along time in movies, TV, in video games, even on the disney channel. to suggest something nefarious is going on rediculous




posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Delving into the conspiracy theory for a minute.

If I remember right all those articles / posts / threads talks about disclosure and how it would occur. One scenario set the stage for a speech and during that speech Obama was to make an off the cuff remark about ET.



Like THIS?


We walked down to the Sphinx from the Khufu Boat Museum, and President Obama asked me questions about the people who built the pyramids, noting that they were not slaves. We talked about the casing on the pyramid of Khafre, and how the Great Pyramid had once been cased the same way in fine white limestone. He joked with the press about the idea that aliens had built the monuments of Giza.


www.drhawass.com...

That is Dr Hawass's own website



posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou
 


Off topic : Why do you type and randomly hit the return key? Are you trying to make us think you are some kind of poet?

On Topic: As much as I would love disclosure, I am confident this was just a joke.



posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx
 


Hi Jimmy

Yes I realize the phrase has been around.

But I also realize that the child was asking seriously?
Why ask a question if not?

ETA: To last post
Yeah a poet

And yeah
I agree, he said this to him as a joke.
edit on 24-3-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerLou
It seems as if :
He takes nothing serious but his own undertakings/agenda.

Laughs when asked a serious question. Mocking at the people?

Threatens ''would have to kill you if I told you" seems a bit extreme imo, especially to a kid asking a serious question. He undoubtably finds the subject ridiculous?

Or he is a freakin' muslim alien after all!

ETA: SnF!
edit on 24-3-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)


I dont know why Im bothering but whatever, I have some time to kill..

Why did I call you a hater.. Lets see..





He takes nothing serious but his own undertakings/agenda.

A broad sweeping generalization because he makes a joke to a kid about Roswell.. How does this show he only pushes his own agenda. If thats the case, why bother with the kid. Obvious haterade here.






Laughs when asked a serious question. Mocking at the people?

He was asked a question about aliens from a kid. He wasnt being interviewed by any kind of news source, mainstream or otherwise... How in the world is he mocking people? Hating and grasping...







Threatens ''would have to kill you if I told you" seems a bit extreme imo, especially to a kid asking a serious question. He undoubtably finds the subject ridiculous?

How in the holy blue hell is he threatening the kid. Are you not familiar with the joke , Id tell you but Id have to kill you? Its common. Very common. So common a child understands it as such. Yet you turn it into Obama threatening someone. And to top it off, you then state he finds the subject rediculous?! How do you know? Do you have in depth off the record conversations with him? Doubt it. Plain as day hating.






Or he is a freakin' muslim alien after all!


I assume this was a joke.. the alien part. But you still chose to take an innocent obama alien joke thread to insert the fact that hes muslim in it. Not that being muslim is a bad thing. But the sterotype that goes along with it on this site, and in the way you meant it is 100% hating at its finest.


Questions?
edit on 24-3-2012 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerLou
reply to post by jimmyx
 


Hi Jimmy

Yes I realize the phrase has been around.

But I also realize that the child was asking seriously?
Why ask a question if not?

ETA: To last post
Yeah a poet

And yeah
I agree, he said this to him as a joke.
edit on 24-3-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)


ok i'll bite...
if the president was serious and said what "they" say was true...it would be on all the media outlets within minutes, and right-wing media would be nasty and relentless for months on end.
if he said it was false what "they" said, it would be all over the media, within minutes and the right-wing media would be nasty for months on end.
so he made a small joke. period



posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Hewas talking about Roswell GA



posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

I dont know why Im bothering but whatever, I have some time to kill..

Why did I call you a hater.. Lets see..



He takes nothing serious but his own undertakings/agenda.

A broad sweeping generalization because he makes a joke to a kid about Roswell.. How does this show he only pushes his own agenda. If thats the case, why bother with the kid. Obvious haterade here.



Laughs when asked a serious question. Mocking at the people?

He was asked a question about aliens from a kid. He wasnt being interviewed by any kind of news source, mainstream or otherwise... How in the world is he mocking people? Hating and grasping...



Threatens ''would have to kill you if I told you" seems a bit extreme imo, especially to a kid asking a serious question. He undoubtably finds the subject ridiculous?

How in the holy blue hell is he threatening the kid. Are you not familiar with the joke , Id tell you but Id have to kill you? Its common. Very common. So common a child understands it as such. Yet you turn it into Obama threatening someone. And to top it off, you then state he finds the subject rediculous?! How do you know? Do you have in depth off the record conversations with him? Doubt it. Plain as day hating.




Or he is a freakin' muslim alien after all!


I assume this was a joke.. the alien part. But you still chose to take an innocent obama alien joke thread to insert the fact that hes muslim in it. Not that being muslim is a bad thing. But the sterotype that goes along with it on this site, and in the way you meant it is 100% hating at its finest.


Questions?

I will answer this. Going from last to first.
muslim ALIEN after all - meaning may not be qualified for presidency IMO. Jury still out.

I agree he was joking. Although the kid asked seriously. Yeah he joked.
But again, I disagree.

What KID knows of the OLD JOKE phrase? Am sure the kid is ok and all... but I just disagree how he went about answering.
Ok, and lastly, when I think something is ridiculous I will laugh at it or play it off myself. Life experience.
That's just how people ARE?

He didn't take the question seriously, felt to play it off... and joked with a kid .
So again, how is hate involved?
edit on 24-3-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by SeekerLou
reply to post by jimmyx
 


Hi Jimmy

Yes I realize the phrase has been around.

But I also realize that the child was asking seriously?
Why ask a question if not?

ETA: To last post
Yeah a poet

And yeah
I agree, he said this to him as a joke.
edit on 24-3-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)


ok i'll bite...
if the president was serious and said what "they" say was true...it would be on all the media outlets within minutes, and right-wing media would be nasty and relentless for months on end.
if he said it was false what "they" said, it would be all over the media, within minutes and the right-wing media would be nasty for months on end.
so he made a small joke. period


I am in total agreement with you!
No probs here. Sometimes, folks just have to do what they HAVE to do but that doesn't make it right.
edit on 24-3-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou
 


Regardless of whether or not you think the jury is out on Obama not being a legal citizen, this isnt the thread for that forum. there are over a million threads on that topic. Feel free to join in on the obama is a muslim and not the legal president threads. Again, you know this, but still chose to bring it up here. I call that trolling.



posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32
 


IMO, the little quip went VERY well with this Roswell /ALIEN thread.

You can think I'm a hate filled troll alll you want.
I disagree. AND YOU sir, are the one bringing stuff up into this discussion by questioning me and accusing me of hate.
Besides in my first post... did you overlook those QUESTION marks?

One day, if not now, you will see you were wrong about me...and eventually , maybe Obama too.


edit on 24-3-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
On topic:
I'm pretty sure the POTUS was merely following the tried and true established response of humor/ridicule/condescension regarding the topic.

Further, the POTUS lands in Roswell, it's going to be absolutely expected that he make a statement on the subject where any absence of acknowledging the subject, even jokingly would be conspicuous.

Additionally, as I understand it, every POTUS that's ever been in office since Roswell has inquired into/about Roswell/aliens and every time, each and every president gets the run-around or flat out refusal of cooperation.

On that note, if such is true, not even the POTUS gets clearance for positive acknowledgement, if that is there is positive acknowledgement to be had.




edit on 24-3-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Erno86
 


Not really no... Reason being is its all over the disclosure conspiracy websites. Just google / yahoo disclosure 2012 obama and you will see it posted in various forms on various websites.



posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Assuming that president Obama and his administration would be informed of a UFO conspiracy is absolutely ridiculous, when not even the director of the CIA, department chiefs of staff, or alot of high level military officials are not even let in on the secret to begin with.

Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton, both attempted to find more about UFO's in the government as presidents and were completely stone-walled from getting any information whatsoever.

The evidence suggests that the UFO coverup is in the hands of certain people in intelligence agencies as well as the military industrial complex, and has been privatized to avoid scrutiny from FOIA requests as well as federal government and congressional oversight. Of course they are not going to tell a presidential administration that can change after every 4 years, a well run cover-up that has taken place for decades and decades only to have it compromised by a president they don't know.

It definitely exists, but it is highly compartmentalized and most everyone in the government won't know it even exists. Read Richard Dolan's UFO's and the national security state if you are looking for references and information.



posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by oghamxx
 

Yes.. Obama is one of the better Presidents America has had for a very long time. Although he cannot implement all that he promised..maybe because of constraints..he is still not as warlike as other Presidents. No unnecessary waste of American lives if he can help it, the kind of President America needs.



posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by oghamxx
 

Yes.. Obama is one of the better Presidents America has had for a very long time. Although he cannot implement all that he promised..maybe because of constraints..he is still not as warlike as other Presidents. No unnecessary waste of American lives if he can help it, the kind of President America needs.



posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull
 


They do in a subconscious manner.

Then again, it could be the thrill of the chase that pushes them along.



posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
The president's comments were probably carefully crafted. In a few short words he manages to suggest interest in UFOs is childish, and mocks the notion of disclosure. The next time the UFO/Roswell topic is brought up in the news, the association in the public's mind will be the president's joke.



posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
What do you suppose would happen if Jesse Marcel, Jr. handed the President a piece of Roswell wreckage that he had been holding back since 1947?



posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
If the Roswell/alien/ufo PTB decide the time has come, who will they choose to tell the public? Not some NSA/CIA type who has known for 20 to 40 years.



new topics

top topics



 
6
<< 1   >>

log in

join