It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blacks in America are under attack.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo

Originally posted by kingofmd
View the statistics. A murdered black person is most likely murdered by another black person. Until there is equal outrage for black on black violence, there is no point spotlighting isolated incidents

The statistics of black on black crime do not particularly appertain to the Martin shooting.

The martin shooting is special and in my opinion deserving of the current media coverage for these reasons:

1. It was a hate crime. Zimmerman referred to Martin as a "coon". He was targeted because of Zimmerman's pre-conceived racial biases

2. No charges have been brought against Zimmerman. Self-explanat

Say he was racist..........are you saying that because you dont believe in this guys ideology that he doesnt have the right to defend himself from attack?

A scum bag is a scum bag but people still have the right to defend themselves
edit on 26-3-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackManIsGod7

How about some answers for the white devil?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Blacks are under attack by other Blacks , The Latinos are attacking blacks too , The Blacks wont take responsibility for there under achieving ways , Blame is the game being played , Simple

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by yenko13

Blacks are under achievers huh??? Consider this

- James S Adams created the airplane propeller allowing ud all to fly today
- Richard Spikes created the automatic gear shift Feb 28, 1932
- Garret Morgan created the traffic light we use today November 20, 1923
- G.T. Sampson created the clothes dryer we use today June 7, 1862.
- Lewis Latimer created the electric lampbulb we use today in March 21, 1882.
- Alexander Miles created the elevator and safety device for elevators we use today October 11, 1887
- Elbert R. Robinson created the electric railway trolley such as the ones used in Frisco today.
- Thomas J. Martin created the fire extinguisher we use today March 26, 1872.
- B.F. Jackson created the gas burner such as the ones on stovetops today
- Garret A. Morgan created the gas mask such as what our soilders use in October 13, 1914
- R. F. Flemming Jr. created the guitar that we use today on March 3, 1886
- Paul E. Williams created the helicopter
- L.A. Burr created the lawn mower we use today on May 19, 1889
- J.S. Smith created the lawn sprinkler we use today on May 4, 1897
- Lewis H. Latimer created the Light Bulb Filament
- L.R. Johnson created the bicycle frame we use today on October 10, 1899
- Sarah Boone created the ironing board that we use today on April 26, 1892
- George F. Grant invented the golfing tee that golfers hit their balls off of today
- Jan E. Matzelliger created the shoe lasting michene that we use today and that enables us to lace and tie shoes
- Elijah Mccoy created the lubricator for locomotive engines. Without this we wouldn't be on trains and riding cars.
- Fred M Jones created the motor (for vehicles) that we use today on June 27, 1939
- Henry Blair created the mechanical seed planter that we use today in 1830
- Thomas Stewart created the mop that we use today on June 11, 1893.
- J.L. Love created the pencil sharpener that we use today on Nov. 23, 1897. Imagine this not being in classrooms today.
- Daniel H. Williams performed the first open heart surgery in this countries history in 1893. This is major
- John Standard created the refrigerator that we use today July 14, 1894
- Marie V.B. Brown created the security system (such as for your home today) on Dec 2, 1969
- Philip Emeagwali created the worlds fastest computer in 1989
- George W. Carver created 300 products from peanuts, 118 products from sweet potatoe and 75 from pecans from 1900-1943
- T.A. Carrington created the stove that we use today on July 25, 1876
- Granville Woods perfected the creation of the telephone (his was better than Bell's) on Dec. 2, 1884
- Charles Brooks created the street sweeper used today on March 17, 1890.
- Frederick Jones created the starter generator (in case you lose power) on July 12, 1949
- George Tolliver created the ships propeller you see today.
- L.S. Burridge & N.R. Marsham created the typewriter April 7, 1885
I can go on and on and on. Everything we use today has been an advancement of what black men and women created.
Let's not forget that history already shows and proves that we created agriculture, mathematics, the first concept of a God, science, astronomy, architecture, language, music, art and the list goes on.

So much for black under achievers huh lol. History is a beautiful thing!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWax11
reply to post by CaptainNemo

Then why was the black man not able to also use force to drive the white man out? If it was because they were not as advanced technologically, then why is that? The Chinese invented gun powder, not the white man. Why does the white man not control Asia? Because the Asians wouldn't allow them to.

The past transpired the way it transpired, i'm not going to sit here and recite historical facts to you. The Chinese capitulated several time to European powers, brush up on your Asian history. There are ways to subvert a people other than force. If you embrace the idea that the white man is seemingly superior to the Black man because of history, than it is simply not true. Not true.!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Then why was the black man not able to also use force to drive the white man out? If it was because they were not as advanced technologically, then why is that? The Chinese invented gun powder, not the white man. Why does the white man not control Asia? Because the Asians wouldn't allow them to.

The past transpired the way it transpired, i'm not going to sit here and recite historical facts to you. The Chinese capitulated several time to European powers, brush up on your Asian history. There are ways to subvert a people other than force. If you embrace the idea that the white man is seemingly superior to the Black man because of history, than it is simply not true. Not true.!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Brush up on my Asian history? Do white men still control China/Asia? No they don't, that's my point. Because the Asians pushed white men out and China is now one of the most powerful nations.

Every downfall that the black race has suffered either here in America or Africa throughout history is conveniently blamed on other races, mostly white. I never said the black race is less intelligent or inferior, I just want an explanation as to why the black nations have not progressed and why they continue to allow themselves to depend on foreign aid to barely survive. How many starving children do we know exist in Africa? Stop having children if you can't feed yourself, common sense 101. Build your nation/community/society to be self sufficient then have all the children you want. I have 2 kids because me and my wife decided that we could care for and offer food to 2 children without putting a strain on ourselves financially then we stopped. Why do we see a starving mother holding a starving newborn? Does that make sense to you? Is that also the white man's fault?

Also YOU answered previously that the white man took Africa by force. Now you say there were also other ways. What are those other ways? Why have the Africans not forced the white man out and progressed?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Garrett Morgan did not invent the traffic light we use today. His was a hand cranked signal that possibly never saw production. Sarah Boone did not create the ironing board she only made improvements to the existing one of the time which is not the one we use today.......the list goes on and on! How can a race of such intelligent, innovative people be continually controlled, manipulated, held down worldwide by other races?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
It would be great if this thread did not devolve into mudslinging across the racial divide. In the OP I placed several provocative links regarding a pretty horrific case that has racial overtones. I would think that plenty of ammunition could be found within these articles to have an actual discussion regarding the issue of accountability, public reactions and media coverage of crimes and such, i.e. why did that community support the rapists over the victim? Why does it feel like African Americans come out in support of their worst criminals and then protest loudly or even riot when things don't go their way?

If we're just going to sit here and call each other names then I don't see that helping much. I for one am not the slightest bit interested in trying to convince anyone of the superiority or inferiority of any race. Besides, I think that what is really the driving force behind alot of what we're seeing in these cases is culture, not race. White American is a culture, Black American is a culture. We can discuss Black American culture and be critical of attributes that we see within this group without going back to the old "blacks are genetically inferior" thing.

I work with whites and blacks in a completely non affirmative action influenced meritocracy, there are some pretty damn smart and capable blacks out there. If they are inferior to us then I must be the dumbest white guy on the planet because they routinely outscore me in various cognitive areas. Oh yeah, here's one for you, I sometimes out perform a black guy physically, in that I run faster or am stronger, have better endurance. The fact is that black guys have to watch my 6 in violent scenarios and they wouldn't be there if we could find someone better, the fact is we can't. In a true meritocracy blacks do just fine.

I am specifically interested in discussing comparisons between this awful rape(as put out in the OP) and the Trayvon Martin case. Why did the community in Cleveland Texas rally behind a bunch of scuzzballs? How can we take the broader African American community seriously if they're willing to look past severe criminal transgressions committed by blacks and then cry "racism" when they don't get the justice they're seeking?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

Originally posted by LastProphet527
reply to post by hammanderr

Blacks in America are under attack....and this thread ends up in 'skunk works'...shameful,and pathetic!

edit on 24-3-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

What do you expect? This site is pretty Ron Paul type white if you ask me.

YA THINK!

No, I know.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Hey "God",

Though you seem to be avoiding a discussion of the feelings demonstrated by the material linked in the OP, I am more than pleased to indulge in a discourse on your claims. Perhaps you should reconsider them. Most, if not all of them, are false.

Here are the first 15:

1) "James S Adams created the airplane propeller allowing ud all to fly today."
False:
The twisted airfoil shape of modern aircraft propellers was pioneered by the Wright brothers.

2) "Richard Spikes created the automatic gear shift Feb 28, 1932."
False:
The first automatic-transmission automobile to enter the market was designed by the Sturtevant brothers in 1904.

3) "Garret Morgan created the traffic light we use today November 20, 1923."
False:
James Hoge's system was installed in Cleveland by the American Traffic Signal Company in 1914, and William Potts' 4-way red-yellow-green lights were introduced in Detroit beginning in 1920. New York City traffic towers began flashing three-color signals also in 1920.

4) "G.T. Sampson created the clothes dryer we use today June 7, 1862."
False:
The "clothes-drier" described in Sampson's patent was actually a rack for holding clothes near a stove.

5) "Lewis Latimer created the electric lampbulb we use today in March 21, 1882."
False:
Thomas Edison developed a successful carbon-filament bulb, and received a patent for it in January 1880. This was before Lewis Latimer did any work in electric lighting.

6) "Alexander Miles created the elevator and safety device for elevators we use today October 11, 1887"
False:
Elisha Graves Otis' 1853 "safety elevator" prevented the car from falling if the cable broke, and thus paved the way for the first commercial passenger elevator.

7) "Elbert R. Robinson created the electric railway trolley such as the ones used in Frisco today."
False:
Elbert R. Robinson received a patent for an improved electric railway trolley in 1893. This was not the first electric railway trolley.

8) "Thomas J. Martin created the fire extinguisher we use today March 26, 1872."
False:
The first known portable fire extinguisher was created by Capt. George Manby in 1813. One of the earliest extinguishers to use a chemical extinguishing agent was invented in 1849 by William Henry Phillips.

9) "B.F. Jackson created the gas burner such as the ones on stovetops today."
False:
He did not create the gas burner. His design only improved the distribution of air to ensure more complete combusion of the fuel gas.

10) "Garret A. Morgan created the gas mask such as what our soilders use in October 13, 1914."
False:
Morgan's device was less like a modern gas mask than many others that preceded it. It consisted of a hood with a long, attached, breathing tube that hung almost to the ground.

11) "R. F. Flemming Jr. created the guitar that we use today on March 3, 1886."
False:
Guitars were around long before 1886. Perhaps he improved the design, but he sure as hell didn't create it.

12) "Paul E. Williams created the helicopter."
False:
He was involved in the development of Lockheed's XH-51, but in no way can he be given credit for having "created the helicopter". That credit should go to Louis Bréguet, who made his first successful flight in December of 1935.

13) "L.A. Burr created the lawn mower we use today on May 19, 1889."
False:
Edwin Budding invented the first reel-type lawn mower. Burr's mower continued with the same concept.

14) "J.S. Smith created the lawn sprinkler we use today on May 4, 1897."
False:
The first US patent with the title "lawn sprinkler" was issued to J. Lessler in 1871. Early examples of water-propelled, rotating lawn sprinklers were patented by J. Oswald in 1890 and J. S. Woolsey in 1891. Smith's design was just another one of these.

15) "Lewis H. Latimer created the Light Bulb Filament."
False:
The response to number 5 also applies here.

It seems your sense of "Black pride" is more a case of "false pride".

Because you didn't source any of your claims, I decided to take the same liberty.

See ya,
Milt

edit on 26-3-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Why do you seem to be avoiding a discussion on the material linked in the OP? That's what this thread is really about.

Also:
I noticed that you capitalized the "B" in "Black man", and didn't capitalize the "W" in "white man". Is that an indication of your feelings of superiority?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by wggb1961
Racism has no boundries borders or limits color is never an issue when it comes to racism it is there across the board across the globe get over the whinning and live with it.

Yeah that's pretty much what I said.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

It's a tragedy. I'm sure those 14 "men" will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

What else is there to be said?

I'm not even sure what the title of the OP has to do with anything except a satirical rebuttal of remarks made when situations such as the death of Trayvon Martin occur.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackManIsGod7
reply to post by yenko13

Blacks are under achievers huh??? Consider this

- James S Adams created the airplane propeller allowing ud all to fly today
- Richard Spikes created the automatic gear shift Feb 28, 1932
- Garret Morgan created the traffic light we use today November 20, 1923
- G.T. Sampson created the clothes dryer we use today June 7, 1862.
- Lewis Latimer created the electric lampbulb we use today in March 21, 1882.
- Alexander Miles created the elevator and safety device for elevators we use today October 11, 1887
- Elbert R. Robinson created the electric railway trolley such as the ones used in Frisco today.
- Thomas J. Martin created the fire extinguisher we use today March 26, 1872.
- B.F. Jackson created the gas burner such as the ones on stovetops today
- Garret A. Morgan created the gas mask such as what our soilders use in October 13, 1914
- R. F. Flemming Jr. created the guitar that we use today on March 3, 1886
- Paul E. Williams created the helicopter
- L.A. Burr created the lawn mower we use today on May 19, 1889
- J.S. Smith created the lawn sprinkler we use today on May 4, 1897
- Lewis H. Latimer created the Light Bulb Filament
- L.R. Johnson created the bicycle frame we use today on October 10, 1899
- Sarah Boone created the ironing board that we use today on April 26, 1892
- George F. Grant invented the golfing tee that golfers hit their balls off of today
- Jan E. Matzelliger created the shoe lasting michene that we use today and that enables us to lace and tie shoes
- Elijah Mccoy created the lubricator for locomotive engines. Without this we wouldn't be on trains and riding cars.
- Fred M Jones created the motor (for vehicles) that we use today on June 27, 1939
- Henry Blair created the mechanical seed planter that we use today in 1830
- Thomas Stewart created the mop that we use today on June 11, 1893.
- J.L. Love created the pencil sharpener that we use today on Nov. 23, 1897. Imagine this not being in classrooms today.
- Daniel H. Williams performed the first open heart surgery in this countries history in 1893. This is major
- John Standard created the refrigerator that we use today July 14, 1894
- Marie V.B. Brown created the security system (such as for your home today) on Dec 2, 1969
- Philip Emeagwali created the worlds fastest computer in 1989
- George W. Carver created 300 products from peanuts, 118 products from sweet potatoe and 75 from pecans from 1900-1943
- T.A. Carrington created the stove that we use today on July 25, 1876
- Granville Woods perfected the creation of the telephone (his was better than Bell's) on Dec. 2, 1884
- Charles Brooks created the street sweeper used today on March 17, 1890.
- Frederick Jones created the starter generator (in case you lose power) on July 12, 1949
- George Tolliver created the ships propeller you see today.
- L.S. Burridge & N.R. Marsham created the typewriter April 7, 1885
I can go on and on and on. Everything we use today has been an advancement of what black men and women created.
Let's not forget that history already shows and proves that we created agriculture, mathematics, the first concept of a God, science, astronomy, architecture, language, music, art and the list goes on.

So much for black under achievers huh lol. History is a beautiful thing!

Haha. That's funny! Let's pick a few random ones just to see how silly that list is, shall we?

"Paul E. Williams created the helicopter"

Haha. That's funny. It doesn't even make sense.

"Marie V.B. Brown created the security system (such as for your home today) on Dec 2, 1969"

Hahahha.. "the security system". WTF does that even mean??

"Let's not forget that history already shows and proves that we created agriculture, mathematics, the first concept of a God, science, astronomy, architecture, language, music, art and the list goes on. "

LOLOLOLOL. HAHAHAHAHAHA. Holy crap.

That's too funny.

We should add another one:

"We were the first to believe everything we ever heard."

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

How can a race of such intelligent, innovative people be continually controlled, manipulated, held down worldwide by other races?

Control, manipulate, and hold me down...

Waiting...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

What do you say in regards to an entire community coming out in support of these men? Why was Quannel X trying to drum up support for such obvious scumbags? Do you feel that Blacks in America feel justified in what ever they do because of the history of injustices they've suffered? I am assuming you are a black man based on your previous statements. I am genuinely interested in your responses.

I started this thread besause I have seen in my lifetime blacks rioting when they feel justice is not served. However they do not appear to be on a quest for justice, they appear to only be interested in their own side of the story getting told. The whole' "no snitching" movement, the support for the rapists in Cleveland Texas, hell, some black rights representatives went down to protest when Joe Horn shot dead 2 men in his neighbors front yard when they'd just robbed the house.

Why do blacks cry for justice so loudly but then constantly throw their support behind criminals? Do you think it is possible that if blacks stopped committing crimes they'd stop getting harrassed? That is a genuine question, not a rhetorical one.
edit on 26-3-2012 by hammanderr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

Originally posted by WhatAreThey
There are about 40 Million Blacks in the US and they commit 52% of homicides for example.

Whites on the other hand number 130 million. They commit 48% of homicides.

Blacks aren't under attack. They are the ones attacking.

People are finally fighting back the Political Correctness Wave.

Wow. This is ridiculous.

Where did these stats come from? You are telling me that only blacks and whites commit homicide? Because your numbers total 100%.

The statistics are even more flawed then that. Considering the FBI catagorizes Hispanics born in Mexico as white "Hispanic"

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

Originally posted by WhatAreThey
There are about 40 Million Blacks in the US and they commit 52% of homicides for example.

Whites on the other hand number 130 million. They commit 48% of homicides.

Blacks aren't under attack. They are the ones attacking.

People are finally fighting back the Political Correctness Wave.

Wow. This is ridiculous.

Where did these stats come from? You are telling me that only blacks and whites commit homicide? Because your numbers total 100%.

The statistics are even more flawed then that. Considering the FBI catagorizes Hispanics born in Mexico as white "Hispanic"

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join