It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Your Masonic Lodge Lead to a Treasure Room? One Way to Tell

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Our lodge actually does have some treasure in it. We have a sword that was taken from a German general by US General WIlliam C. Lee, and given to our lodge. We have a letter describing the acquisition and the sword itself. General Lee was a member of our lodge. Of course we have the jewels of a master mason, and the other non terrestrial treasures, but no gold. Not even a hint of frankincense. And forget about the mur.

Digin4it, as long as you don't go breaking into any lodges or trying to convince others to do so, I cannot see any harm in your fantasy. I hope you find exactly what you are looking for. BTW, what is it you are looking for? What kind of treasure?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Good question "Network Dude"...
I, for a very long time now, understood the mystery of freemason "treasure"

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
I was in our treasure room this morning where we keep the jewels.
Only we disguise it with a sign on the door that says closet

edit on 24/3/2012 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

Fair enough (I will take it you are in America) but the lodge closest to me in Kirkwall Orkney might just have something different (possibly) hidden in it, with a stone carved inscription much much older than yours may have.

The official history can be traced back to at least 1st October 1736 which (the last time I checked pre-dates the internet and I doubt (although may be wrong) that your lodge will have records of it, quote and link below, I hope that I am not leaving my-self open to possible imprisonment or worse here link even further below.

Snippet from their site; (sorry I am yet to learn how to quote other site`s please bear with me)

The earliest extant records of freemasonry in Orkney (as practised today) are to be found in the archives of Lodge Kirkwall Kilwinning dating from 1st October 1736.

But much earlier beginnings are suggested. Centuries before speculative freemasonry was introduced to Kirkwall, guilds of operative masons were stationed in Kirkwall for a considerable time during the building and construction of St. Magnus Cathedral which was founded in 1137.

There is no written record of the operative guilds who may have constructed the first sections of the Cathedral or other ecclesiastical buildings throughout the islands. It would be idle speculation to recount the changes occurring between laying the foundations of these buildings and the formation of Lodge Kirkwall Kilwinning. We must therefore devote our attention to written evidence alone.

Although the introduction of freemasonry in Scotland is lost in obscurity, it is somewhat striking that an Orkney Earl, William St. Clair, is recorded as holding the appointment of "Patron of the Masons of Scotland" about 1430 and 1440. This predates the transfer of Orkney to Scotland in 1468. The position was designated hereditary and held by the descendants of this earl until 1736 when the last William St. Clair, having no son to claim his honours, placed his resignation before the Grand Lodge of Scotland, which had been inaugurated that year.

In the election of Grand Master, the Grand Lodge of Scotland conferred upon William St. Clair the position of First Grand Master of Scotland, an office which has been elective since this period.

It is worth noting the buildings of Lodge Kirkwall Kilwinning stand on the grounds of Kirkwall Castle, once a formidable stronghold of the St. Clair family.

Our Lodge Charter of 1740 is also signed by the last hereditary Grand Master, William St. Clair

lodgekirkwallkilwinning.co.uk...

edit on 24-3-2012 by freewestray because: edit

edit on 24-3-2012 by freewestray because: (no reason given)

Why do I say imprisonment or worse you may ask?

www.dailyrecord.co.uk...

edit on 24-3-2012 by freewestray because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by freewestray

Whether or not there are valuables within, Lodges with histories like that are a treasure in themselves.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
just start pullin out books on the shelf, that usually opens the door

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Sorry to butt in but - I used to live in Orkney - I guess you are from Westray or Papa Westray - I lived on Eday
I have only seen Kirkwall Lodge from the gate - I was interested when they announced a tapestry they had been safe keeping - It shows Templar Knights does it not?
I met a St Clair by chance whilst visiting Rosslyn he spoke of Templar Knights also - Wish I had payed more attention.
My foggy view is that the Templars sought refuge in Scotland after the mass arrest and impriosnment and torture by Rome - Scotland however did not recognize the Papal Bull.
Orkney is an amazing place.

edit on 24-3-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by no1smootha

Whether or not there are valuables within, Lodges with histories like that are a treasure in themselves.

Yes they are indeed my friend, but I shall never be a member, would never get the recommendation lol.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Sorry to butt in but - I used to live in Orkney - I guess you are from Westray or Papa Westray - I lived on Eday
I have only seen Kirkwall Lodge from the gate - I was interested when they announced a tapestry they had been safe keeping - It shows Templar Knights does it not?
I met a St Clair by chance whilst visiting Rosslyn he spoke of Templar Knights also - Wish I had payed more attention.
My foggy view is that the Templars sought refuge in Scotland after the mass arrest and impriosnment and torture by Rome - Scotland however did not recognize the Papal Bull.
Orkney is an amazing place.

Yes I am in Orkney buddy and yes I am on Westray (but not from I am one of those dirty incomers they talk about lol), so you have been to the much famed Rosslyn, link for those who dont know >>> www.rosslyntemplars.org.uk... and the tapestry? I dont know off hand if its still there but this link >> seems to say it is >> www.electricscotland.com...

Hard to say if your St Clair was a descendant or not but if you talked to a St Clair at Rosslyn your looking at a possible closure (maybe) for the mason`s in Kirkwall, I plan to visit there my-self and if I see one I will hold that info close to my heart until I meet one of the masons here because info like that I can use.

Dont be a stranger eh, message me with any info I can use here, and yes Orkney is an amazing place.

edit on 24-3-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by no1smootha

Linky to their photo gallery >>> lodgekirkwallkilwinning.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Thanks for your kind response
I will post here for all to read

When I spoke to one of the St Clair family it was back before all The Dan Brown inspired visitors.
I was with 2 friends and we spoke of the building (chapel) and how in the proportions followed certain principals as in Salomon's Temple - Going by this premise we summarized there must be a certain space or cavity below the chapel floor - He told us there was an attempt to to lift the floor slabs and even showed us a chisel marked corner.
He said the attempt was unsuccessful - One friend said could it be the fabled grail is buried there. St Clair smiled and answered that they had decided to not excavate further as there may be Templar Knights entombed there and they would not want to disturb them???
All I recall of Kirkwall Lodge's announcement of the tapestry they had been safe keeping was - That it would change the course of established Scottish history - The tapestry depicted the journey of 2 grails carried by Templar Knights from Jerusalem to Scotland.
What those grails represent is open yo debate

edit on 24-3-2012 by artistpoet because: add

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
Our lodge actually does have some treasure in it. We have a sword that was taken from a German general by US General WIlliam C. Lee, and given to our lodge. Of course we have the jewels of a master mason, and the other non terrestrial treasures, but no gold.

You poor, poor Masons (literally). Up here in real-man land we have gold, as much as we need, all of it in the liquid form and stored in easy to dispense kegs chilled to perfection.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

you are an evil, evil man. I am starting to believe all they hype about masons, but think it might just be the northern ones. Tell me sir, have you ever worshiped Balpomet in your underwear?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Tell me sir, have you ever worshiped Balpomet in your underwear?

Nah, he likes when I go commando.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
It only took 9 thread postings by the invisible OP...but, it happened!

This thread has turned out to have a purpose...fun...very big fun....

Carry on....Des

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
It only took 9 thread postings by the invisible OP...but, it happened!

This thread has turned out to have a purpose...fun...very big fun....

Carry on....Des

Erm I will take it you are refering to me here? if you are, I am not invisible, if you need to know more about me just ask (private message), but I am glad your having fun with this thread, at least someone is, I would have thought a lot more of the masons would have replied to the up-date to it, maybe they are a little overwhelmed by this recent development?

So is there another conspiracy of secrecy amongst the American masons or is it they truly do-not know anything about the Scottish masons?

Or could it really be truth that the OP posted?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I was referring to the OP of this thread......

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

you are an evil, evil man. I am starting to believe all they hype about masons, but think it might just be the northern ones.

BWAHAHAHAHA

Well last time I wasn't in my underwear....

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

you are an evil, evil man. I am starting to believe all they hype about masons, but think it might just be the northern ones.

BWAHAHAHAHA

Well last time I wasn't in my underwear....

I would have thought that you of all people would have been able to comment further about the lodge near me considering your site in the link as your signature?

I do note that you have posts there about the Scottish masons & the templars but some of the members here might be un-willing to click on your link.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I hope to visit Rosslyn Chapel in the near future, I wish to see a particular stone engraving of two men with a rope one of the men holds the rope while the other has it around his neck. And for visit with family.
Thanks for the link

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join