It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astrology people: Aries and Scorpio - your thoughts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I am a triple Aries. Mwhahahahah. For some reason, I have tended to end up in relationships with a disproportionately large number of Scorpio women. I find the Scorpio personality type amenable to me as an Aries anyway, I tend to feel comfortable around Scorpios and gravitate to the more deranged ones. I've noticed a large-ish number of other Aries/Scorpio couples over the years, but maybe that's because I've paid attention to this.

Anyone have any thoughts about this? Yeah, yeah, astrology is garbage blah blah...save it, I'm too weary for that fight today...I take it with a large grain of salt myself of course. Hypothetically assuming astrology is valid for the sake of argument, then, what do those in the know about such things think about the Aries/Scorpio thing?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
To start I'm not a firm believer in astrological signs even though I do find them intriguing to a degree. I find it interesting that as an Aries you and others you say are attracted more often then not to Scorpios because general information would indicate something different;

Generally, the qualities of Aries are considered to be compatible with those of the other fire signs: Leo and Sagittarius and to a lesser extent with the air signs: Gemini,Libra and Aquarius. However, compatibility based on sun-sign alone is considered to be only a very general guideline. The branch in astrology dealing with interpersonal relationships is called Synastry. In this, astrologers analyse the horoscopes of both parties being considered with particular reference to the positions of the Sun and Moon and Mars and Venus. Some astrologers find the planet Uranus to act as a peregrine to Aries.

In Synastry, the natives of Scorpio are generally considered to be most compatible with the natives of the other water signs: Cancer and Pisces and to a lesser extent signs: Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn. However, compatibility based on sun-sign alone is considered to be only a very general guideline.

So my conclusion would simple be the Heart wants what the Heart wants.
edit on 24-3-2012 by Ericthenewbie because: spacing

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
went out with a scorpio from dublin. Boy she could drink, everything went well for maybe 6 months then all hell broke loose. Could have been her irish anger but she was def deranged?? Married a saggitarius!! all is great

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I have been interested in astrology since I was a teenager in the 70s. I have noticed a large number of Aries / Scorpio pairings, starting with my own parents. Scorpios can be difficult and contentious, and it seems to me that only an equally stubborn Aries would be up to the task of dealing with Scorpio's games and temperment.

I still believe that the Mars / Venus placements with each person are a really good indicator of compatibility, hence the old rock song "Venus and Mars are alright tonight".

If you are attracted to Scorpios as an Aries, you're far from the only one.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
maybe you just like a lot of sex lol seriously the scorpio personality is supposed to be the most sexual astrological sign.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Just watch out for scorpio women... especially the red-headed ones...

They're just crazy!!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
ok spose I should answer this question. Married aries (i'm scorpio) for 25 yrs. Divorced went out with another aries 11 months. Now married to a Libra. ex hubby aries was calm and passive which suited my outgoing passionate and enthusiasm for life but after the 1st 10 yrs found him dull and he got duller.
Ex bf aries was dull too whom wanted me to make all the decisions.
My new hubby as a libra is perfect as he has his own views and would never hesitateto say he disagreed with my thinking. Which is lovely as we have debates. Also he has the same passion for life like me and we find we have the same interests in nature.
Thats my take on it. Yes us scorps are crazy but the sex is great........smiles

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Both the same except one Scorpios power comes from within, Aries power comes from the environment around them. Aries is bold, strong, and full of life, Scorpio is dark, deep, powerful and both have stamina and intensity that are limitless. Aries are people persons, Scorpios tend to be very selective in their friendships. Both are passionate and high energy......hence their reputations in the sex department. Aries is fire, Scorpio is water.....in the end, I'd bet on the Scorpio to win. The water/fire dynamic is very alluring....the whole opposites attract and the mingling/ clashing of two powerful beings, but it has the potential to be destructive.

This combo can go very well if both people are well developed and have mastered their more negative qualities, but if one or both of you have not developed your higher, more positive attributes, and you are embracing the negative qualities of your signs, then the match up can be really difficult.

This is a basic generalization of course. To truly know your compatibility, you would need to do as the above poster mentioned and get both your personal horoscopes compared to each other. Relying on sun signs alone is not a good indicator for relationship compatibility, and often even a persons sun sign is not an accurate portrayal of an individual.

I am a fire sun sign for example, but my ascendant is a water sign, so I do not fit the "mold" of a fire person, but am more in line with my watery ascendant, which is why most people who know astrology and encounter me never guess I am a fire person.

Overall, I'd say go for it, but not dive in head first. Give yourself some cushion, which can be difficult when dealing with a Scorpio. Remember Scorpios are again, in general possessive and Aries cherish freedom.....this is a classic recipe for drama. if this fits with you and your Scorpio, expect some friction.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
silent thunder
I'm a Scorpio that was married to an Aries we are divorced now he always wanted to be the leader and i hated being controlled we never seemed to be able to reach a compromise..He was always telling me i was to complex and emotional there was always a basic clash in personalities between the two of us ..But we both liked taking risks and there was always passion that kept life exciting and interesting ..I just don't think a Aries and Scorpio are a good match i think in the end you will find the relationship mentally/emotionally draining.. peace,sugarcookie

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
So many good replies here...yet again ATS delivers. Not only do I find people with articulate opinions on the matter, I find people with actual experience. How awesome is that?

Judging from this thread alone, Aries-Scorpio seems to be a "thing" for a pretty substantial number of people. Very very interesting.

new topics

top topics

join