It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmed by WMO: Extreme Weather Events Are An Increasing Trend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
[color=skyblue]Item:

Have you seen those threads in which debunkers chime in with statements to the effect that:

"Weather isn't getting worse."
"A lot of the panic and paranoia is because more people are paying attention."
"Information is communicated much more quickly than in the past, and from more remote areas than in the past"
or
"No. Its just cyclic weather. No doomsday coming any time soon"

Well - They were wrong.
You may wish to review this - the latest information - as it may be used to counter those arguments.*

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

First: Here is a summary of the findings from the World Meteorological Organization confirming the fact that EXTREME WEATHER EVENTS ARE IN FACT INCREASING:

World Meteorological Organization Confirms Climate Change Accelerated In Past 10 Years; 2011 Was 11th Warmest On Record
By Miriam Raftery
eastcountymagazine.org...

Increasingly destructive tornadoes, floods and other indicators of global warming are also occuring with heightened frequency around the world. The new study found extreme weather events increased from 2001 to 2010 at an alarming rate consistent with global climate change. Worldwide, this included an increase in floods by 63%, drought 43%, heat waves 43%, heavy rain 43%, fires 25%, and tropical cyclones 24%.

Second: Here is the source for those statements

Source:
World Meteorological Organization Confirms Climate Change Accelerated In Past 10 Years; 2011 Was 11Th Warmest On Record
Press Release No. 943
Geneva, 23 March 2012 (WMO)
www.wmo.int...

WMO Statement On The Global Climate In 2011
www.wmo.int...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

[color=skyblue]*Disclaimer: I am not liable if this information does not result in you winning your argument.

edit on 3/24/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Yes its changing everywhere..Not sure I believe in global warming.

Here in the south its 85 already and destructive tornados.

Not looking forward to this summer

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

i believe you. i don't think global warming is a hoax. from what i've read and what i've witnessed over the past few years..... things are going to get ugly. there may be a year or 2 where we get a break but extreme weather is on the rise and it's not because the sun is getting hotter.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The Earth is always changing.
Throughout it's history it has had periods of warming and cooling.
Silly of us to think that now that we are here, it should stay constant. We should prepare as well as we can for these changes because there is not a damn thing we can do about them.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
[color=skyblue]- PS

I Am Not A Scientist

edit on 3/24/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Western Japan records hottest summer ever
phys.org...

Japan Hammered By Extreme Hot Weather, 87 Died
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by cheesy