It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sounds of the "God Particle"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

The Higgs Boson has been called the "God Particle" because, according to the standard model of cosmology, it is needed to make up the fabric of reality at the most basic level. There has been some recent evidence that the particle, which is demanded by theory, might actually exist.

The following links are audio clips created using an instrument called a calorimeter. With this tool, scientists meaure layers of energy in an attempt to gain more info on the particle. Each layer is represented by a different note, allowing us to "hear" the particles. Of course, in reality they make no "noise" but they do vibrate in terms of energy, so physicists are able to model the changes with sound. Enjoy.

MP3 clips:

Higgs Boson Particle emerging (566 Kb @ 128Kbps)

Higgs Boson Particle in natural state (438 Kb @ 128Kbps)

Three different harmonics of the Higgs Boson Particle (901 Kb @ 128Kbps)

Higgs Boson Particle decaying (894 Kb @ 128Kbps)

Source: Feast of Hate and Fear (warning: some possibly objecionable other material is on the source page; probably NSFW).

edit on 3/24/12 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

What happened with the search of this "God Particle (GP)"? Towards the end of last year there was a small region left to investigate when it came finding the right energy to smash these protons for finding the GP.

I hope they find it soon...or not at all.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

This is beyond awesome. You know, listening to that, I hear music. Music is such a big part of our lives, and we feel it on such a visceral level......I really believe it is ingrained in us, and part of creation.....if that makes sense. It's hard for me to put in words what I mean,.... but all the sounds of nature and the universe are musical on some level, and I feel it is part of the big picture.Your post shows it even exists on THAT small of a level... This subject is FASCINATING. Thanks for a great post! S&F!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

WOW - great source OP, ♥ such pages =)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
so this is what they do at the worlds most expensive particle accelerator?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

I'd rather have them spending it on that than on finding new ways to bomb, maim, conquer, subjugate, and otherwise make miserable the lives of people in poorer nations. Which is what most big-money science projects are about (well, that or finding new ways to sedate people).

new topics

top topics

join