It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our new family addition, Buffy :)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Well my fiancee and I got a new addition to our family, this is Buffy

(yes she is named after Buffy The Vampire Slayer)

We got her from the SPCA and she is a little over a year old. Her birthday is 1-1-11

Buffy is a Persian mix and when I saw her online she still had her coat but it was so matted from not being groomed they gave her a lion's cut. It is the cutest cut I have ever seen on a cat! She looks like a little lion prowling around and pouncing on things. It is also a popular cut I found out online for Persians and Himalayans or other long haired cat breeds. Most do it yearly in the summer. I will continue the cut on Buffy every year as well.

She is a very sweet kitty. She hasn't freaked once and seems right at home. According to the SPCA they rescued her from another shelter so it seems her life prior to now was in shelters. Well now she is queen of the house. She likes to sleep with us on the bed either at my feet, next to me or in between my fiancee and I. She purrs real soft and kneads every surface she is on. It's really cute. She looks like she is marching in place with as high as she brings up her legs.

Yes I did name her after Buffy The Vampire Slayer. I wanted to name her Isis but nobody seemed to like that name, guess I'm the only person I know here who likes Ancient Egyptian history
my fiancee suggested Buffy since it's my favorite show. It fits! She is Buffy the Mouse Slayer now

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
awesome Mblah!

She looks like she's got a bit of a grumpy trait in her, but they are the best when they 'smile' at you

Haha, I need a new cat... oh well

Sad here too, the cat havens are over full and cannot find homes for so many kittens, so many will have to be put down

if I could, I'd give some a good home.

Good on you for helping a poor soul find a good home
)

edit on 24-3-2012 by mainidh because: lol how did I get your name wrong.. oO

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Oh she is just beautiful and will bring you many years of joy! I am always happy to hear stories of rescued kitties finding a loving home. We rescued our persian kitty and she has been with us for many years now.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Congratulations!
She is so pretty. Looks like she has an excellent "stink eye".
I love a cat with attitude.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

OMG Mblah....a little lion! How beautiful! I adore cats....you are in for interesting times.... Here's my babies....BTW....the were both found as abandoned kittens and bottle fed...their names are Teddy (left) who is a sweetheart, and Smoochy (right) who is a strutting show off and a prankster (as you can see from his expression LOL)

edit on 3/24/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/24/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Handsome cat. Here's ours.

edit on 3/24/2012 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

We've had him for almost 9 months and he is a great joy to us. He and the dogs play together all the time. And he's extremely affectionate.
edit on 3/24/2012 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

He's beautiful....those whiskers are epic!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

She is Buffy the Mouse Slayer

...for now.

You just wait until a vampire shows up around there, if she takes him down she can have her title changed to the original "Vampire Slayer"

She's a beautiful cat, cuddle her silly

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

She looks like she's got a bit of a grumpy trait in her

You'd be pissed too if someone shaved your ass like that...

Poor kitty...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
awesome Mblah!

She looks like she's got a bit of a grumpy trait in her, but they are the best when they 'smile' at you

Haha yea I love her little grump face. It's so the opposite of her personality! She is a sweetie.

Sad here too, the cat havens are over full and cannot find homes for so many kittens, so many will have to be put down

if I could, I'd give some a good home.

That is the sad thing going into an animal shelter, they all look at you like "take me home!" I love cats and I could be crazy cat lady but my fiancee probably wouldn't like that lol

Good on you for helping a poor soul find a good home
)

Thanks
She is Queen of the house now and will be quite spoiled

edit on 24-3-2012 by mainidh because: lol how did I get your name wrong.. oO

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Oh she is just beautiful and will bring you many years of joy! I am always happy to hear stories of rescued kitties finding a loving home. We rescued our persian kitty and she has been with us for many years now.

Awe!! Thank you NS!

I love getting my cats from rescue, they are always great and I like giving them a new home and chance at life. Buffy was rescued from another shelter and brought to where I got her in December. She was at the shelter here for 3 and a half mths. Where she was prior to this shelter was a kill shelter
The shelter I got her from is a no kill shelter. They keep them (all animals) til they are adopted and let me tell you the building for the cats is like a cat palace!

Have you ever heard of or seen this cut on a Persian before?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Haha! You have handsome kitties! My fiancee said they look like they are ready to take over the world

I haven't had a cat in 5 yrs since I moved to this area. I have been waiting to get one and knew we were gonna pick one out when my fiancee got home. Buffy really seems to like him too, which is good! She is just so chill. I have never brought a cat home that instantly took to their surroundings.

I look forward to spending many years with Buffy the little lion kitty

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

Pretty kitty!

Looks like a cat I had as a kid, Emma

I use to sneak her inside at night when my mom went to bed. I wasn't allowed to have her inside cause my sister was allergic but she didn't know at night

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Well it's good she settled in.....she is just beautiful! Just give her space when she needs it and love when she wants it......you have to do it on their terms haha!
About my cats....they have plans to do just that.....especially the grey one Smoochy...you can see by his sly look what he's all about

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

LOL nah it's a popular cut for Persian's and cat breeds with long hair. I didn't cut her, the SPCA did. Her hair was so matted it had to be done. I will keep it though for a little while cause she looks so cute in it!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Well Buffy seems to be right at home here.

She also seems to love catnip

and has even figured how to get into the container

I was in the kitchen making sausage balls lol

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

Well it's good she settled in.....she is just beautiful! Just give her space when she needs it and love when she wants it......you have to do it on their terms haha!

Thanks
Haha yup!! She seems to stay on the corner of the bed looking out the window. She comes to the living room with us and hangs then goes back to her spot. She does sleep with us too and if either one of us gets up in the middle of the of the night she follows.
She seems to chill with us at night and does her window watching during the day. There are a couple windows in the living room but the back window has more going on outside.

About my cats....they have plans to do just that.....especially the grey one Smoochy...you can see by his sly look what he's all about

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

how cute! She looks like she has a 'don't mess with me attitude'...

congrats !

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Congratulations.I absolutely adore cats.I have three cats,twelve,eleven and two years old.Two girls and a boy.It's amazing how every cat has a different personality,and odd little habits.I hope your little lioness will have a long and happy life.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Absolutely cute kitty mblah!!

Most of you have seen photos of my cat and he is as spoiled rotten as can be.

I just wonder how long its going to be before Ms. Buffy gets spoiled?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join