It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gingrich - 'Obama gives people reason to believe he's a muslim'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Gingrich didn't say Obama is a Muslim. He said that he understands why people think that he is.
He said Obama has only himself to blame for why people see him as a muslim.
According to Newt - It's Obama's actions speaking louder than his 'I'm a Christian' words.

Gingrich - Obama gives people reason to believe he's a muslim

"Why is it he's more sensitive to radical Islamists who are killing young Americans than he is to the Catholic church, to Baptists, to fundamentalists?" he asked Wednesday in an interview with Fox News' Greta Van Susteren. "I mean, the fact is, this is a very strange presidency."

The candidate has been ramping up his rhetoric about the Muslim faith while campaigning in southern states. In a radio interview Thursday with the American Family Association's Sandy Rios, Gingrich blamed the "elite media" for hiding the president's association with Muslims.

"It's just astonishing to me how pro-Obama they are," the candidate said. "Do you think you are going to see two pages on Obama's Muslim friends? Or two pages on the degree to which Obama is consistently apologizing to Islam while attacking the Catholic Church." Gingrich's comments came in response to a Washington Post story about Rick Santorum's association with the Catholic group Opus Dei. Gingrich, too, is Catholic, having converted after marrying his third wife, Callista.

There is support for what Newt said. As much as I hate to say that I agree with Newt on something ... I think he got this one right. Obama's actions make people think he's muslim ... and his blaming Fox news for the fact that people think he's Muslim is LAME. Obama claims 'christian', but he was in the blame-whitey-for-everything-wrong black liberation theology cult for 20 years, which has very close ties with Nation of Islam. And of course Obama luvs on the Muslim Brotherhood. And he does things like play down the radical islam Fort Hood shooter as 'workplace violence' but then when a US soldier kills innocent muslims he says it is anti-islamic and can't be tolerated. etc etc

Evidence supporting Newts position -
America's most biblically hostile president
ATS thread - Obama's church not your average christian church

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I've noticed all Obama does is blame people for making himself butthurt. Just like that oil speech that I've heard at least 4 times in different places with all different scenarios. He is a whiney cry baby that if it doesn't revolve around him he throws a tissy fit on tv attacking other people. And how he said" if I had a son it would look like him" really ticked me off. Can people not see how racist that just was? But I guess its ok to say because he's black. Like usual. Its like saying all asians look exactly alike which they do not. If he wanted to help he could help. Not do nothing and then say your doing something. Its quite pathetic and a 5 year old can run the presidency better than him. But people support him just because the color of his skin and its showing alot more. Im glad I was in Mexico when he took office I had no part in it

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
...and?

What if he were Muslim?
I am hoping a constitution loving patriotic American can tell me why this one religion is bad for America.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Freedom of Religion....

...as long as that religion is based on one of the versions of the Old or New Testament.

Anything else is suspect, right? Conservatives?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LErickson
...and?

What if he were Muslim?
I am hoping a constitution loving patriotic American can tell me why this one religion is bad for America.

It has nothing to do with religion. It has to do with him lying to us. If he lies about that what does that say about him as our leader? That the president can do whatever he wants with whoever he wants? If he lied what else has he lied about? His birth certificate? His citizenship? But I guess we should all bow down to him like you would like.
Just like Muslims to allah. Ok then im all for it ... not!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Like Newt has any room to talk about someone being Christian enough for office.

Seriously, this is the guy who cheated and dumped TWO wives, after they became seriously ill. If this guy represents Christian values, I hope that Obama isn't Christian, because that's certainly not the kind of values we should have in our President.

The real point of this is that Newt's campaign is crumbling to dust and he's desperate for ANYONE to support him. Even the nut wing of the right wing.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

For a country who's Constitution states a separation of church and state, there sure isn't much separation. Every canadite goes around preaching their faith all through their campaigns. To me this is sickening and it goes against what our constitution stands for. Which these days polititians couldn't care less about the constitution anyway.

Why do people buy into this crap so much. If we removed religeon from politics things would be quite different. I mean, don't these people feel hypocritical when they go around preaching their faith in a political campaign for a country with separation of church and state?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
A person would have to be grossly intellectually impaired, highly gullible and susceptible to all manner of propagandized ravings to believe the President of the United States is muslim.
Newt Gingrich is a floundering desperado who will say anything at any given moment to make himself feel superior.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Its because they use it to sway the votes of the people. You don't see many presidents saying they are jehovah witness because you would lose the vote of all other religions. So they pick the most popular one to do their brainwashing and the best brainwasher wins.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LErickson
What if he were Muslim?

You missed the point. The point is that Obama is whining that FOX made people think he is a muslim. When the truth of the matter is that it was Obama's own behavior and his own statements that have made people think that. It's about obama's blaming others and blaming FOX .. when he should be looking in the mirror at his own actions on this.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
so that's what they mean by "southern strategy"

ok, I get it now

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Obama blames.

He doesn't take responsibility for anything. He's a community organizer who got into the White House. No leadership, no responsibility, no ownership.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Many people get confused by some facts.

1) Obama was apparently educated somewhat in the Islam faith while he lived in Indonesia
with step-Father Soetoro.

People may be under the impression that Mother Ann became a Muslim as well.

2) Barack and Michelle were married in a Christian church by Jeremiah Wright.
and I think he Baptized the two girls.

What should people believe ?

And Obama has not really explained in detail.

edit on Mar-24-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Are you guys so blind...

you can't see that his "muslim" image is a foreign policy tactic?

Really?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
So being a muslim is a bad thing now? Well at least Gingrich does not seem to believe Roman Catholics are zhe evil, so cudos for that.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Of course Obama coming out and saying "My Muslim faith" doesn't help his cause.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I have a very good Muslim friend, and he's horrified at what has been done in the name of Islam, Muhammad and Allah by extremists. He doesn't even bother being an apologist for them, because his conscience won't let him. His practice of Islam is like my practice of Christianity: personal and private, and not forced on anyone else.

I couldn't care less if Obama is a Muslim or not, if he were like my friend. Sadly every one of Newt's points are right on the mark.

/TOA

new topics

top topics

join