It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteor Is Headed For Earth And Will Hit In 7 Days... What Could Be Done?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I've got a question. Does anyone know if nuclear weapons work in space? There's no Oxygen out there or any atmosphere to work with. Can a nuclear reaction work with nothing to react with? Will it just pop?
with enough advance knowlage we dont need bombs ect..All the need doo is build a sattalite an sen it to meet up with the commet.They can then use the gravity of hthe satalite to change the meteors trajectory.Even an inch every 6 months over a couple of years perion would shift it enough to be in a differnt location when it was due to collide with earth. They have all the math ratio sixe ext worked out but like I said in previous post we need time to do this an if it comess at us bind we are phuked.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ecossiepossie

I was just wondering if someone knew if nukes will actually work in outer space. Has there ever been a test done?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I've got a question. Does anyone know if nuclear weapons work in space? There's no Oxygen out there or any atmosphere to work with. Can a nuclear reaction work with nothing to react with? Will it just popYes of course it would work infact they used to consider nuclear bomb testing in space dureing the cold war.At oone point America was convinced Russia was exploding nuclear bombs on the dark side of the moon..And consider the sun that just one big oold nuclear generater working in space .

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Well if it's that small that they just now have seen it.
I would say roll over and go back to sleep

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

reply to post by ecossiepossie

I was just wondering if someone knew if nukes will actually work in outer space. Has there ever been a test done?
I think the sun is perfect example.
Plus they did one before in the upper spheres, boy they won't do that again.

Or maybe if they need large EMP

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I'd just call Chunk Norris and get him to save us all by roundkicking the astriod back out in space.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Contact Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Do like Futurama... bounce it away with a big ball of New York garbage.

Or, blow it to bits and evacuate anyone in any area that could get hit with dangerous amounts of debris

Or... brace for impact and pray

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

I'd get Chuck first

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
that little amount of time the goverments would say a peep while they moved thwere families in land and scooped up all the ssupplies now if you had several months i would think several things could be done nukes could be deployed to try to alter course or break it into smaller chunks . beam array could be desifned to be aimed at rocks fracture points you could try land a group of probes with nuke warheads designed to fire in unison to divert rock'

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
What about the Tesla Shield?

Use all the Sats in orbit as a energy condenser. The ground based projector would be HAARP. All the ground based HAARP, and HAARP like facilities could be used. The thousands of Sats in space would be the reflector dish via the on board circuitry that would be one node in the triangulation. There is also alot of junk up there that is made of material that such a electromagnetic triangulation might be possible..

The problem would be the amount of energy needed to produce a plasma type barrier around the Earth.

Maybe the LHC and CERN could offer a solution in this regard?

We have seen the potential for such hypothesis via atmospheric heating by said technology. I presume these tests where done as a means of trying to produce the Tesla Shield.

This means is the only thing I can think of for an object that big. Nukes are a last resort. The complications involved in nuking an asteroid are infinite, and would require longer than 7 days.

I suppose it depends as well what technology organizations such as Majestic have at this point and time.

Gravity devises might work as well. A space vehicle equipped with a classified energy source sent to the asteroid as it approached and changed its vector by using such an gravity devise against the object as a means to divert orbit.

The best method would be to use frequency modulations to were the atomic composition of the object changed to that ash or dust. You would have to match the harmonics of revolution that the atomic composition of the object is made of to make this occur. you would also need have a transmitter large and powerful enough to cause such affect.

Our if you really wanted to get exotic, use the LHC to create another parallel dimension for the duration of the passage to move the Earth into, and then move it back again. Discoveries of new dimensions was one of their stated purposes. Just saying.

I dont know. Is this some type of emergency open source think tanking?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I just did a search on the nuclear bomb in space. A guy who said he was an egghead at this said that it would not explode like it does on earth because there is no pressure wave or thermal wave without an atmosphere. I guess it would just give a burst of electromagnetic radiation. He mentioned that certain explosives like TNT and C4 can explode under water and in space.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mandrakerealmz
reply to post by kennvideo

Utilize the HAARP system like a giant tractor beam to repel the object. They have done this 3 times so far I think...

No need to worry about Meteors

WOW...!!

This HAARP thingy seems to be so much more than a simple weather modification tech.. It can do everythinng and anything and much much moore...

Is there anything at all that HAARP cannot do?

Just curious is all...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Use HAARP, as the very last resort.

Its electromagnetic discharge could be enough that when hit in the right area it could penetrate the asteroid to break it up. Then top skilled flyers will arrive on the scene to further break up parts by shooting it and using missles. The only thing I can think of is the destroy it into part. I know, flying parts will create worse casualties but in the end result it might be better than a full on impact.

HAARP could even potentially levitate the object by sending vibrations that create a bigger mass than the asteroid to push it outward. That is just theoretical as I do not know HAARP's full capabilities.

EDIT: I should have guessed somebody would use the HAARP idea. It only makes sense!
edit on 25-3-2012 by Soulece because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Fire two nukes into orbit. Shoot one off on a course to intercept the object with a few rockets or ion engines, this one should be fitted out in front of some kind of strong plate made out of lightweight material. When it gets away from the other at a decent range for propelling it like a bullet, detonate the nuke that was left behind. Hopefully the plate we fitted on to the first nuke will absorb enough of the blast so it can still explode, when nuke A is about to impact meteor B, press red button. Continue until out of nukes/rockets/etc or meteor hits and hopefully what's left of it won't kill us all.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I just did a search on the nuclear bomb in space. A guy who said he was an egghead at this said that it would not explode like it does on earth because there is no pressure wave or thermal wave without an atmosphere. I guess it would just give a burst of electromagnetic radiation. He mentioned that certain explosives like TNT and C4 can explode under water and in space.
If you were close enough to the Bomb, you would feel blast plus get a hell of a sun burn, there would be lack of resistance, like a bomb in a vacuum. Ouh, ouh the big bang.
Back in the 50s, I think it was, they had the ideal that they could propel a space ship with nuclear successive detonations.
Also you could bring your cow, grand piano, what ever.
Wonder why they never did it, DA!

Eureka! it's not the dark energy, making it accelerate, but simply the fact there is nothing there. Elementarily Mr. Watkins.
edit on 25-3-2012 by googolplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

could it really be teslas deathray.
ahhhhhhhhhhhh

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by kennvideo

I believe the American government already has a weapon that could distroy a meteor like that before it gets here. I know I'm being overly optimistic by saying that, but we have to think, there is lots of weapons development going on that nobody knows anything about.

Good question though.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I think it would be (relatively) easy to stop an asteroid impact, we have the infrastructure right now. In the form of civilian (aka non military) Aircraft: Attach as ICBM to as many 747s as we can and then launch them from the highest point that a 747 can reach. and then the ICBM can travel further (since the vast majority of its energy expenditure is breaking free from gravity, I think) perhaps even to the point where it can break free of earths gravitational field and from there its just waiting to hit the asteroid.

Also, we could modify a ICBM to carry a load of half-liquid oxygen and half white phosphorus the liquid oxygen can provide the nessecary fuel for the white phosphorus to 'burn' through the asteroid.

Finally, if all else fails, we can hit it with literally every single projectile we have through combined effort of the worlds military/air force/navy etc...This includes our rail cannon's, and the airborne lasers.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Dear ATS Society.

Here are some thoughts of asteroid defense from Russia. Our Defense Minister, Mr. Lavrov has proposed to make a common Space Defense Treaty (or Pact) with the West, but so far we have not heard any firm answers. With the utterly short time frame given I would think fracturing the large rock before it hits our atmosphere would be perfect. We have long-range and powerful radars that could work in Networks and discover the rock's weak spot. Then the smaller bits would be slowed down enough so rockets with great guidance (Like S-400/SM-3 that can engage targets with velocities up to 6-8 km/s) can pick off the smaller pieces. We have about (don't quote me on this) five-six battalions of S-400 SAM's each with four-eight launchers and each launcher carries what was it, four rockets? That is eighty rockets that can prioritize and engage any asteroid fragments in the vicinity. Under threat that number can be doubled, or tripled. And we still have many more older S-300's and S-200's spread all around Russia. Plus the Moscow Rocket Defense Ring with nuclear misses and Phased Array Radars. We're not half badly equipped for an asteroid threat actually, but no single nation can cope alone. I'm sure the SM-2's and SM-3's would play a great role in mopping up. We just need to split that huge rock somehow and before it begins it's terminal descent in our atmosphere.

The S-400 has a great range as far as I know (it is a Space Defense Weapon after all). It can be fitted to carry small tactical nukes as well. Modern nuclear weapons are very 'clean' in that sense that most of their fallout dies down in a matter of days. The downside is that any rocks with a specific configuration that the SAM's couldn't mop up would either explode with a huge force in our atmosphere, like the Tunguska anomalous air burst (Some Russian theories point to a strange reaction giving a low-mass/high-speed comet a great and almost nuclear yield) Or perhaps impacting some of our cities and inhabited areas with less force, but still rather lethal.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join