It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteor Is Headed For Earth And Will Hit In 7 Days... What Could Be Done?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
What would you do in the last week if we could not stop it?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Most commets are big dirty spaceballs....If you sent a sattalte equiped with a laser whilst it was still deep in space...You could use the ice as fueal to move the commet,Simply fire the laser at the commet .Its starts to melt prduceing vapour therefore thrust,Then its just a case of moveing its trajectory far enough away

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
As a serious anwser:

We (the general public) most likely wouldn't know from official source untill it actually hits because the time-frame is too small. The elite (TBTB, "them", whatever u want to call them) would retreat in underground bunkers with the necessary tools to guarantee the survival of humanity. Releasing the info would serve no purpose other than create massive world-wide chaos and complete anarchy, let alone the massive flooding of previously mentioned underground bunkers by people who found out their location.

This quite reminds me of the ending of Kubrik's Dr. Strangelove. I can't find myself disagreeing that I would probably round up the hottest women in the nation for "breeding purposes" with about a 10 to 1 ratio compared to guys. Sounds like a deal to me! If only I was amongst the elite...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vastir
What would you do in the last week if we could not stop it?
All the drugs I could get my hands on,Think I would comendeer a chemists shop.For reasons of natinional security

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rendier
As a serious anwser:

We (the general public) most likely wouldn't know from official source untill it actually hits because the time-frame is too small. The elite (TBTB, "them", whatever u want to call them) would retreat in underground bunkers with the necessary tools to guarantee the survival of humanity. Releasing the info would serve no purpose other than create massive world-wide chaos and complete anarchy, let alone the massive flooding of previously mentioned underground bunkers by people who found out their location.

This quite reminds me of the ending of Kubrik's Dr. Strangelove. I can't find myself disagreeing that I would probably round up the hottest women in the nation for "breeding purposes" with about a 10 to 1 ratio compared to guys. Sounds like a deal to me! If only I was amongst the elite...
Ah but what if some of the elite men were not into women...An you were rounded up to be a plaything for one of the homosexuall illumati type chaps.Would ypu still like the idea of that plan...Or would that love be to strange for you..Maybe you could write a book.How I came to love the penis.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
You make karatechop to comet's face!

banzai

*bows *

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
We all speculate about the unknown weaponry/technology the governments have. I believe that would be the time it would be used. Nukes or other useless measures would be used as a smokescreen, but the truth would never be told.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecossiepossie

Originally posted by Rendier
As a serious anwser:

Ah but what if some of the elite men were not into women...An you were rounded up to be a plaything for one of the homosexuall illumati type chaps.Would ypu still like the idea of that plan...Or would that love be to strange for you..Maybe you could write a book.How I came to love the penis.

Hmm, be someone's playtool in order to survive a global castaprophy, thats a hard choice indeed...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Well with a week notice, there are not many options. You cannot attach rockets to it. You cannot heat part of it to cause it's trajectory to change...probably the best idea is to deflect it. create an explosion and debris field in it's path that causes it to radically change course. Blowing it up is only turning a high powered rifle into a shotgun....this is not a good idea.

Changing trajectory could also be done with multiple devices....you set up a nuke before it gets close...the shockwaves force it to move....couple tat with intense localized heatng...aka lasors and perhaps low frequency sound waves to destabilize it's internal structure.....start breaking it up from the inside out...

Nice and fun idea....totally not needed but I enjoyed the thought process....thanks for the thread...

Bruce Willis and the Armageddon crew is not going to save us....neither is the crew form "Deep Impact"

But if we think logical and sound....a threat can be diverted. lessened, or avoided completely...but we need to be clever about it...no one will be the winner...all humans will win...or all humans will lose....simple.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

The nerd in me agrees with ..................."We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity. Anything you can imagine, we already know how to do."

Gim Goodall discussing ben rich as a dear, dear friend of his confessing [everything most of us suspected] on his deathbed.

And everyone thinking hollywood has such "great imagination".

Ignore my post though and ignore your fellow humans, and ignore the animals, ignore the earth... BE A TRAITOR! Hopefully history and god will have NO MERCY UPON YOU! seriously.....

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

more nails in the "great imagination" coffin.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

wow...$2.3 trillion "missing" or "unaccounted for"....just one day prior to 9-11 none-the-less. yeah a missle(sorry I meant plane) just happened to be cruising around the pentagon wing ONE DAY PRIOR TO 9-11 that stored all the data(probably to wipe it out).

wow... just 9 trillion missing from the fed. I guess it disappeared like with the pentagon.........OR MAYBE that money is being funneled somewhere, for someone's safety.....hint "deep impact scenario"....hint "georgia guidestones and the 666(which is the number of satan) million people the earth can supposedly handle according to their absolutely DERANGED IDEAS.

It is mindboggling that so many people cannot connect the dots! Do you think they build thousands of ICBMS and talk about gigantic rocks hitting earth...just for the heck of it? NOPE

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I dont think we could actually stop a meteor when it was already 7 days away. Thats too little too late. We would probably try hydro nuclear bombs but once more, I dont think the change would be drastic enough in such a short time. I think we would be impacted and that would be that. But it also depends on what type of meteor we have impacting, size, weight, density, chemical composition. All makes a difference when she "splashes" down.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
That meteor that's coming next march is bigger and closer I guess. It's right about at solar max also. That will be more interesting than this one.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I would say "Go ask Phage" It;s pretty damn obvious he has an inside track on all things space. And all the answers. He'll de-bunk that thing right out of the sky....In record time.
edit on 25-3-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I personally believe the technology is available to shoot it down or deflect it, atleast in theory. Problem with the question is we would discover a meteor that big way before we would only have a week until impact. I would hope so atleast lol.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
of course someone will blow it out of the sky, there are all kinds of missles just sitting around for this #

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

If you properly understand what HAARP is and how it operates then it isnt far fetched that HAARP can do many things. Is on the fringe of science as it is.

I wana know if HAARP can cook eggs.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kennvideo

Its wing span is five miles wide and two miles high and will arrive in one week. We have a general area, say the central Atlantic that will be its target. Is this ANY WAY, with what we humans have on hand, to either slingshot it away from us or destroy it completely?

Here you go. Play with the results for yourself!

Imapct: Earth

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Oooops should not of had that last one on the rocks. well it proves one thing I am not perfect lol

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join