It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope arrives in Mexico pledging to fight drugs 'evil'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I doubt very much that drug dealers everywhere are going to turn on their heels and change their ways just because the Pope says "drugs are bad, mmmm-kay". I am trying to rack my brain and think of a situation that the Catholic church has gotten involved in and made a positive difference. I cant think of even one.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Mexico is largely a Catholic dominated nation for centuries.

Even though many pay lip service, they still do in the least LISTEN to their head chief, even those in the drug trade, more so when their own national squabbling corrupted leaders had failed all. The Pope's message will be critical and vital, at this time, and all the more necessary today.

Hundreds if not thousands of innocent lives had been lost, a tragic loss to humanity. Every human life is precious and means something special to another, no matter what the victim had done. It is needless suffering and pain, just due to the insane crave for such drugs.

Drugs were meant to alleviate a pain or suffering, and never was intended for one to be addicted, and from such addiction which springs forth an economic agenda that makes some exceedingly rich. Mexico's leaders had failed in the economic building of society, and as such, some turned to the drug trade to survive. It is only comprehensible.

But what is not comprehensible the continued ill begotten gains made from another's suffering. One can elevate oneself socially in this world, but we can never take such riches with us into the next, nor assured that our next generation can have a better life. Most of them dont anyway, for evil never pays, and many of them die young, needlessly from infighting. The cycle of suffering never ends....

It is also comprehensible on why addiction can happen. When some are left behind in society, or hyped up dreams are shattered and become illusions, drugs are often a means to dull the pain and suffering. Society, as a whole, will have to bear responsiblity for them, for they too, are fellow citizens, and can contribute to society when whole and allowed/given opportunities/chances in life, and not neglected, derided or left behind.

Drug addiction can be eradicated, but it will not come from one person, but by all in society.

I wish the Pope and Mexican fellow human brothers and sisters well. Good luck.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
And he plans to get right to work as soon as he has a private party with all the new altar boys and the cream of the crop of village virgin nun wannabes...those parties usually run a week or so to give him time to sample the flock

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Then LOOK OUT CARTELS..This man was trained by the best...The Waffen SS

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

What you're saying is largely what I expect the pope to say, basically, "Drugs are bad. Mmmmm-kay?" and that just glosses over the goop that is perpetually spread over the whole scam. What I don't expect his to say is anything about "...this idolatry of money which enslaves man, to unmask the false promises, the lies, the fraud that is behind drugs," he speaks of, in other words just how far down the rabbit hole as well as how far up the chain it goes and who is controlling global traffic (hint: CIA and associates), and just how prohibition is the only thing that gives any value to these substances that in a free market would cost pennies and not be worthwhile to a criminal element.

Yeah, I expect he will give the same superficial treatment as your post. He knows there is more to it than that. With the erosion of privacy and freedoms that accompany the rest of the problems the illicit boondoggle creates I believe it is the most insidious scam ever perpetrated man and his government against man himself.

reply to post by Unity_99

I wish I could star you several times over.

edit on 24-3-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
ummmmm

Mexican drug gang guards pope for the weekend
2 days ago
related links
Mexican drug cartels recruiting Texas children
Anonymous wins victory in drug cartel fight
Cuba releases Ladies in White as pope visit nears
Vatican says hybrid popemobile is on the way

Looks like Pope Benedict won't need his bulletproof popemobile for his trip to Guanajuato this weekend. The Knights Templar, one of Mexico's most vicious drug cartels, has bizarrely anointed itself as the makeshift security force for His Holiness, proclaiming a ceasefire during his three-day visit and hanging up banners around the state warning rival gangs not to get trigger-happy. The group purged its own bloodthirsty urges ahead of time, dumping 10 severed heads outside a Teloloapan slaughterhouse this week. Don't think that gang members might have a spiritual reawakening after the pope's visit -- the murder moratorium is just for the weekend, so they can begin their carnage-heavy workweek again on Monday.

now.msn.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
ummmmm

Mexican drug gang guards pope for the weekend

The Knights Templar, one of Mexico's most vicious drug cartels, has bizarrely anointed itself as the makeshift security force for His Holiness....

now.msn.com...

Los Caballeros Templarios (the Knights Templars) guarding the pope just sounds so appropriate. Perpetuating the war will keep them in business and the banks' laundry going full blast. Our taxes pay for the war that is financing the New World Order. The cartels are making out well from what spills over to them for doing the legwork and being the tools for the elite's biggest moneymaker, aside from fractional reserve banking.

edit on 24-3-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
This is some cazy pope!!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The Pope to address the Mexican Drug problem....
Catholic Church = TPTB
Mexican Drug Problem = TPTB

So here comes more B/S for us to listen too, since everything seems to be all related to each other these days..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join