It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geraldo Says: "Don't Wear HOODIES if you're Dark-Skinned"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

vs

i'm kind of flabergasted what media a are showcasing/debating over these days.

apparently to Geraldo its not the Hoodie but the color combination:

Dark Skin + Hoodies = Don't mix well

but if you're not dark skin it's ok?

edit on 24-3-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Oh great more Geraldo Rivera threads about 'Hoodies', and now he is being specific about just dark-skinned people? This dude is going to get slammed.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Been posted a few times already, www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

I dunno if he's being stereotypical, or pointing out that there *are* people who stereotype and are warning people not to fall into generalizations? since they (stereotypes) do exist for a reason. It's like saying Russians* who drink vodka like water and get called out on it.

*by the way, I'm Russian. Come at me.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
as he's given it as *advice*

isn't he perpetuating the stereotype

either way?

meanwhile, the 'million hoodie' protest defends the right to wear whatever civilian clothes you want without being having to worry if you'll be shot just because you "look" like a gangstah

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

I dunno if he's being stereotypical, or pointing out that there *are* people who stereotype and are warning people not to fall into generalizations? since they (stereotypes) do exist for a reason. It's like saying Russians* who drink vodka like water and get called out on it.

*by the way, I'm Russian. Come at me.

In soviet Russia (stereotypes) generalize you ha ha ha where is my ice skating bear

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

He mentions how (paraphrasing here) security footage of robberies usually feature someone in a hoodie, yet he insinuates this is about black and latino kids in hoodies ..... Funny I've seen white folks in hoodies on those type of tapes too. Solution, outlaw hoodies so we can just make full oppression official.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Geraldo's level of reasoning and logic are about as full as Al Capone's Vault.

In a growing world of actors on Newstainment shows, he really started the trend and only went downhill from there. At least the vault stunt had a little suspense at the time. Now he's just a talking head with no class.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I would of thought Geraldo would of learned his lesson the first time when he broke his nose during his T.V. show in 88 that involved RACES...This dude needs a lobotomy, and kept in a cushioned room away from social issues.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Enough already.

You people are just promoting it.

Really sad.

new topics

top topics

join