It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Gov't: Widespread contamination throughout northern Japan, including Tokyo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

US Gov't: Widespread contamination throughout northern Japan, including Tokyo

enenews.com

US Gov’t: Widespread contamination throughout northern Japan, including Tokyo — “Entire region would be required to be posted as radiological area”

“The nuclear accident in Japan has resulted in widespread deposition of radioactive contamination throughout the northern part of Japan, including the metropolitan Tokyo area. Surface contamination levels in this entire region would be required to be posted as radiological area if they were at a U.S. licensed facility or DOE site..."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
This is important because it is the first time there seems to hard evidence of offical, government admission of the radiolgical impact of Fukushima.

The documents sited go on to note that all items exiting Japan have the potential for contamination.

A year later, and most people not directly connected with Japan have moved on. But for hundreds of millions, if not the planet as a whole, moving on may not be a long-term option.

This crisis is unfolding just slowly enough to fail to capture the sustained attention it should. It's maddening.

May God bless and save the people of Japan and all people everywhere. May God save us from our own stupidity and ignorance.

enenews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 3/24/2012 by Partygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

May God bless and save the people of Japan and all people everywhere. May God save us from our own stupidity and ignorance.

I agree my heart weeps for Japan

I hope Japan will recover from this horrible nuclear crisis, and i blame HARRP for the earthquake as if they knew where to target the wave

edit on 24-3-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Seriously....? This pi$$es me off because living near Seattle I heard last year of a "minor" impact in the NW area and only mild discussion let alone of what maybe happening in Japan. And I thought about moving there soon to teach engrish... I wanted to visit Hokkaido especially as well but it turns out that I guess it'll be the same if not worse than the swiss cheese of a desert we have around Las Vegas in heavy elements...

Why couldn't anybody have thought that it might not have been a great idea putting a nuclear reactor next to a known geologic and tsunami ridden area...?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I am so saddened by this.
I have a deep respect for the Japanese and this whole crisis just breaks my heart. However, if you mention Japan's nuclear disaster nowadays, people look at you as though you're mad. 'That was last year, man.'
They just don't care, at all.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
The documents cited go on to note that all items exiting Japan have the potential for contamination.

Japan is a completely export-oriented nation.

How will they survive if all their goods are radioactive?

What a mess.
edit on 24-3-2012 by TheXoor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Yeah this whole thing is just being swept under the rug. The media reports more about Kim Kardashian then they do about Japan.

I gave up eating seafood from the Pacific. You can't tell me radiation won't end up in our food chain. I use to eat a lot of salmon at least once or twice a week.

I wish Japan the best in dealing with this BS.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
You know the not so funny thing about all this?

Is that it is far worse then they are admitting....and has been from the beginning.

Someone mentioned the potential U.S. warning system in this situation.... and I have to think they would conceal and bungle this thing just as Japan's government has done.

This behavior is beyond disgusting, and the people responsible need to be hung from the gallows.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

and does the west really care.
who did the testing?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
As far as i understand this Telefon-Conference from the 7th of April

On April 7th, officials spent much of a teleconference describing the current radiological status on the ground in Japan at the time.

this Calculations was based on the worst Scenario Think Tank
(lost of all the Containments, explosions of all the SF-Pools)
but not on the Reality in and around F'Shima-Daiichi!
www.scribd.com...

"Contamination" is a relative Word
and do not give us a Answer about the Danger for us!

Please have a look into your Dictionary of your own Choice!

For everyone who understand Fukudaiichi it was clear that Radiation would be released,
this type of a Accident do not work without Harm
but to use the single Word "Contaminated" do not help us to see the real Danger!

Also have a Read:

EU To Continue Radiation-check On Food, Feed Imports From Japan

European Union has decided to continue tests and certification of food and feed coming from 11 regions of Japan that could be affected by the Fukushima nuclear radiation.

The imported material from the prefectures of Fukushima, Gunma, Ibaraki, Tochigi, Miyagi, Shizuoka, Yamanashi, Saitama, Tokyo, Kanagawa and Chiba will be subject to verification if it is within safety levels for the presence of caesium-134 and caesium-137 before leaving Japan as well as being subject to random testing upon arrival in the EU until October 31.

At a meeting of the Standing Committee on the Food Chain and Animal Health on Friday, Member States' experts endorsed a European Commission proposal to align the maximum levels of caesium-134 and caesium-137 with the new Japanese maximum levels which will apply from April 1

www.rttnews.com... ap

From the first of April our allowed Maximum is 100Bq.,
this is 5 Times lower than the allowed Levels in the US of A.!

We all need to Dig deeper to make our Demand (to turn this damned Plants Off)
stronger and stronger, to use a single Word do not work in this case!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
You know, this could be the begining of the end for Japan. These fires are srt to burn for ages yet, and the longer it burns out of control the worse it will get.

The powers that be in Japan are basically "p*ssing in the wind". Excuse my language but it is impossible to control the uncontrollable reaction that is atomic energy.

Its like trying to eat tomato soup with chopsticks.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
You know, this could be the begining of the end for Japan. These fires are srt to burn for ages yet, and the longer it burns out of control the worse it will get.

Which Fire?

Is there a Fire somewhere?

Japan is and will be even more Genki!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Like duh, common sense.... Why live somewhere with known geological catastrophes occur? That's just asinine and then those geniuses over there build nuclear reactors there... That's just sad; I still enjoy the radioactive ps triple though.
edit on 24-3-2012 by PatriotAct because: Elaboration

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotAct
Like duh, common sense.... Why live somewhere with known geological catastrophes occur?

Because the Exchange Rate of Beauty, Intelligence and the social Behavior
for this Doom is brilliant!

You can't hide from your Destiny

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
What does this mean for our American military personnel that are stationed all over Japan, including areas very close to the Fukishima region?

I have family stationed there and I didn't see any mention of the assessment of those areas....

If anyone has any additional information, it would be greatly appreciated.

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Gentlemen, (and Ladies....) we have a real China Syndrome situation burning its way deep under the Fukishima plants.....
The true extent will never ebe known by this generation......the horror is probably under lock and key for a hundred years....
The obvious contamination of a large radius was a certitude as the explosive nature of the accident has blown a whole cooling pool and its contents to the winds and waters of the pacific....
The loss of containment can only mean a hole is being burned through the earth by this intense heat generating substance, now released on the wolrd from the innards of a heavy contaiment bottle made of suposedly impervious stuff......
The natural consequences of this breach can be well imagined by anyone.....The fact that other reactors are crippled as well, with near calles being recorded in unrelated plants as well....indicates the need for a general shut down of these facilities for some kind of assessment soon.....no not all at once.....
But it would be prudent considering the magnitude of that quake, and the expectation of more to come from that ground fault area.....

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
More disturbing news today.

Fukushima Plutonium Levels 200 Times Higher Than Japan Claims
A Japanese professor has detected all 3 isotopes of Plutonium at levels 200 times higher than Japan admits over 50 kilometers south of the Fukushima nuclear plant.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

As far as we see no further Explosions they are very safe,
much more safe than anywhere else,
but you should to call them back Home because War is the real Danger
and you may lose them!

When you write in which Prefecture they are i can tell you more!

edit on 24-3-2012 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I will call your Contribution wrong,
there was never and there is no so called "China Syndrome"!
that parts of the Fuel are out of the Pressure Vessel
do not mean that the Fuel left the second Containment!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I still can't believe that people are ignoring the fact that this is the worst disaster in the worlds history.. The poor people of Japan need to get out now before their entire family gets cancer!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join