It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Trayvon-Zimmerman "RACE" Case Stir up Protests, Riots, Racially Motivated Retaliation, Lootin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Obama's chosen words have made it clear to America this is first and foremost a RACE case not a self-defense issue, in his eyes.

What are the ramifications of such POTUS branding of this case? How will there ever be a fair trial now for the charges, if any?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
if it was a black guy who killed a 17 year old white kid in a gated community we wouldn't be having this conversation.

point being, he would have been shot 168 times by the responding officers.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Dude! race bait much? lol. This might be a waste of time answering because I'm sure the mods will strike this tread down quickly but I don't believe it will

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Nice that our president puts racial issues above personal justice. I mean, I don't know what really happened. None of us do. That's the whole point - Its for the courts to decide. Until then its just sick exploitation to try and make political hay from this. I just threw up in my mouth a little watching that.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
hmm,

true

dat!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
if it was a black guy who killed a 17 year old white kid in a gated community we wouldn't be having this conversation.

point being, he would have been shot 168 times by the responding officers.

I highly doubt it would play out that way sorry your response needs a touch of realism to it unless your here to race bait as well which I think you might be

Ps Obama should have kept his mouth shut about this or remained impartial until after the trial because now there is no way this man will receive a fair trial he will be railroaded because the president saw fit to say it could have been his son. Wrap a bow on this trial once it gets started because zimmerman is f@#ked
edit on 24-3-2012 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-3-2012 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
So the POTUS didnt just blanket race-bait the whole CASE?

which is what the OP query is - what are the ramifications of POTUS doing so??

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

To your question in the thread title..........

No.

Unless those in Power keep playing it as a race thing. Obama has just as much blood on his hands also. Hes a hypocrite. If he cared about certain races,he might just fix the 15% black unemployment rate . If he cared about America in general,he might just keep his mouth shut.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
This whole situation really is a tragedy and I've been among several pointing out the fact that this guy is good for murder on the basic terms of the Self defense laws.... Indeed.. He needs to at least go through the system and let the system either eat him alive or spit him out, just like anyone else.

Having said that.. This tragedy is just made worse by the trashy way everyone and their brother is trying to capitalize on it and make points off the body of a little boy. Our President is just horrified...for the cameras...and does ANYONE really, HONESTLY think he cares when he's in the back halls of the White House where the cameras never go??

We have Geraldo making the usual fool of himself.... Kids walking out of classes all over.... Jessie Jackson being Jessie Jackson and pouring gasoline on a forest fire..but that is just his way.

Heck, even Gingrich found a way to throw his opinions where no one wanted them in saying the President was detestable or some such thing for saying a word. I agree, obviously, but Newt isn't an average guy...he's a political candidate and just one more shmuck trying to cash in here.

The only thing in common is they are all working for their OWN petty little benefits and no one seems to really give a darn either way for the victim here. The idea isn't to call for this idiots head, but simply and STRONLY for his arrest...and if that isn't done quickly, then the recall election of every official in the city this happened in. Maybe it isn't their job, but it's their friends..and they can just be thrown out of office for guilt by association.

This is moving toward riots quick though..and why?!??!? Riots and MORE hurt..More killing..over the tragedy of a little boy being shot by a total idiot with a gun. What sense does any of that make?! ANY of it?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

This is moving toward riots quick though..and why?!??!? Riots and MORE hurt..More killing..over the tragedy of a little boy being shot by a total idiot with a gun. What sense does any of that make?! ANY of it?

www.washingtonpost.com...

Yeah perhaps, given at this rate already, pretty much endorsed and sealed fate by POTUS' statement on the matter.

Trayvon Martin’s Slaying Rivets Nation

The fatal shooting of an unarmed black 17-year-old from Florida by a neighborhood watch captain in Sanford, Fla., has led to a federal investigation, numerous protest rallies and a national spotlight.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
We are all puppets in the game and Corporations and Government are at the helm. So go ahead and Protest! Give our government and powers that be exactly what they want, ABSOLUTE CONTROL.

www.thedailysheeple.com... lice-state_032012

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Yes! The groundwork and legislation has already been laid to prepare for such events which may lead to complete chaos leading up to the November Election.

If Obama loses, the entire deck of race cards will be thrown on the table. It's been a no win since his first day in office up until this very moment. Everyone who disagrees with his actions or policies is always a racist in every argument. All the while, Obama continues to stoke the flames of racial divide. First with the Harvard Beer Summit Disaster, then with his Trayvon Comment and other comments in between. We are on the edge of some very bad times in this country and all the blame is being placed on the right. Every talking head in the MSM and in the Unions are blaming the right.

INcluding this rant from an AFLCIO exec.

AFL-CIO Executive Vice President Arlene Holt Baker told The Daily Caller that it is “conservative, right-wing policies that are to blame” for Trayvon Martin‘s death.

“The same folks who want to kill workers’ rights in the work place are the same folks who want to kill voters’ votes … and now they are literally supporting legislation that is literally killing our children.”

Baker told TheDC that conservative policies, like Florida’s “stand your ground” law — which states that an individual has the right to defend himself if he feels that his life is in imminent danger — are to blame.

“When you look at whose behind it, you find that the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC), a very conservative think tank comprised of corporations and very conservative representatives at the state level are behind this.”

Read more: dailycaller.com...

There's your mentality!! That will put this nation in distress.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Why was Obama silent in regards to this bloody double murder? A simple cold blooded murder of two tourists who got lost in Florida and wandered into the wrong neighborhood. White house is MUM!!

Parents of murdered British students criticise Barack Obama
The parents of two British students murdered in Florida have criticised President Barack Obama for his lack of compassion over their sons' deaths.

NO POLITICAL GAIN!!!! for OBAMA

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Good job at disguising another frothing at the mouth anti-Obama thread in a good question...

Obama and his statements are interesting and largely irrelevant.

Can this situation degenerate into riots and such? While that would not be a good situation, it would be understandable.

We have another black man shot to death by a non-black person in circumstances that heavily point to at least criminal negligence on the part of the killer, and it is being covered up and dismissed by "the authorities", for some as yet unclear reason.

The shooter was the aggressor, and is not being held accountable. And this has been going on for hundreds of years in this country, where black people are considered not quite as important as "regular folk". And I would expect black people across the country are getting more than a little bit tired of it.

So, riots etc in the case of "the authorities" continuing to fail miserably at their job? Not good, but understandable.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

The killer in that case was arrested, tried and convicted of murder. The law worked as it is supposed to work.

The 17 year old, who shot the men as they begged for their lives, will die in prison.

Justice was done.

Zimmerman hasn't even been ARRESTED.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I believe that where justice is seen to fail, or be corrupted, as has been in this case, social disorder is likely.

Look at other cases where social unrest has begun after a similar incident and you'll find corrupt cops, inadequate police actions, injustice and questions unanswered.

Last year we had it in London when a man was shot and the police didn't even show basic respect to the family and tell them what had happened. It led to protests and a riot. There was no doubt that the initial disturbance was caused by the police action (or inaction) while the riots and looting across the country was something different.

Look back at Greece when a 15 year old boy was shot by police. No answers and no one being held to account led to massive protests and riots that kicked off another wave of social unrest.

Look at the LA riots.

It seems to be pretty consistent that where the police fail in answering or explaining their own actions, or instances where justice is not seen to be done, protests and riots often ensue. It will always be the case that when the police are not found to be responsible, moral, or just, the people will riot.

Thankfully we haven't really seen anything like that yet. But I do think it'll come if the belief that the police covered something up continues. The police need to come clean, and those responsible for their failings need to go now to stop this from escalating, in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Why was Obama silent in regards to this bloody double murder? A simple cold blooded murder of two tourists who got lost in Florida and wandered into the wrong neighborhood. White house is MUM!!

Parents of murdered British students criticise Barack Obama
The parents of two British students murdered in Florida have criticised President Barack Obama for his lack of compassion over their sons' deaths.

NO POLITICAL GAIN!!!! for OBAMA

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The difference in the case is this...

" Shawn Tyson began a life sentence after being found guilty of the murder of James Cooper"

Someone was arrested, tried in court by his peers, found guilty and put in jail for the rest of his life. Right now we have a killer walking free with his weapon in his possession, he might go free because of a bungled police investigation and potential corruption and some "stand your ground law." There seems to be no justice here.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Obama increasingly comes across as devious and dishonest.

Just Obama doing what Obama does best.

online.wsj.com...

a boy of 17 is shot and killed under disputed and unclear circumstances. The whole issue is racially charged, emotions are high, and the only memorable words from the president's response were, "If I had a son he'd look like Trayvon" At first it seemed OK—not great, but all right—but as the story continued and suddenly there were death threats and tweeted addresses and congressmen in hoodies, it seemed insufficient to the moment. At the end of the day, the public reaction seemed to be: "Hey buddy, we don't need you to personalize what is already too dramatic, it's not about you."

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I hate to say it but this whole Martin/Zimmerman fiasco and the President's involvement in it might actually convince me to vote for Romney in November. I've in the past said that Romney was too Wallstreet and too Mormon for me to ever vote for him, and I would gladly vote for anyone maybe even Obama because to my eyes there isn't enough of a difference. This, and the prices I'm paying at the pump have changed that. The Federal government getting involved this early in the situation is at best a President pandering to a base that he looks like, but hasn't really done much for, or at worst a direct attempt to stir up civil disorder to increase State power.

I'd say that there is a non-negligible chance of race riots if the facts do not match the emotions involved. And now that others have mentioned it, what does happen if Obama does not win re-election? Will certain people riot if he doesn't get re-elected? I don't know right now, and honestly I live in a rural enough area for it not to concern me that much.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Open_Minded Skeptic
Can this situation degenerate into riots and such? While that would not be a good situation, it would be understandable.

My god did you really just say that? :shk: It would be 'understandable' for idiots to riot because they aren't being appeased in this case ... because someone hasn't been arrested to their satisfaction .. FACTS AND RULE OF LAW BE DAMNED? By you saying that madness is 'understandable' you basically give them a free pass ... 'hey you mob with the pitchforks ... it's okay .. I don't like what you are doing but I totally understand ... don't forget to loot a few TVs while you are enraged because of hype and spin on TV" ...

We have another black man shot to death by a non-black person in circumstances that heavily point to at least criminal negligence on the part of the killer,

You do realize that 9/10 of all murders of black people in this country are by other black people, right? That fact aside .. you said 'another black man' etc etc etc ..... what other black man was shot to death by a non-black person in similar circumstances? To what are you referring?

and it is being covered up and dismissed by "the authorities", for some as yet unclear reason.

'Covered up' ... prove that statement. Good luck with that.
'unclear reason'.... sure. convenient.

The shooter was the aggressor, and is not being held accountable. .

You are jumping to conclusions based on hype and spin. The facts are not in. Your grab the pitchforks and torches mob mentality is really frightening. Unfortunately, there are many in this country, including posturing politicians, who are reacting like you are instead of allowing the police to do their job and investigate.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join