It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study Confirms Oil from Deepwater Horizon Disaster Entered Food Chain in the Gulf of Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Since the explosion on the BP Deepwater Horizon drilling rig in the Gulf of Mexico on April 20, 2010, scientists have been working to understand the impact that this disaster has had on the environment. For months, crude oil gushed into the water at a rate of approximately 53,000 barrels per day before the well was capped on July 15, 2010. A new study confirms that oil from the Macondo well made it into the ocean's food chain through the tiniest of organisms, zooplankton.

Tiny drifting animals in the ocean, zooplankton are useful to track oil-derived pollution. They serve as food for baby fish and shrimp and act as conduits for the movement of oil contamination and pollutants into the food chain. The study confirms that not only did oil affect the ecosystem in the Gulf during the blowout, but it was still entering the food web after the well was capped.

Source

Well there you have it,if there were any doubts to any ill effects on marine life from the BP oil spill you now have a confirmed research study that shows proof that chemical contamination did in fact effect zoo plankton.

I personally never had any doubt in my mind that such a disastrous spill could have gotten into and effected marine life,food and alter the Eco-system,one way or another and either way you look at it,it is a negative for that areas Eco-system and we probably still will not know the absolute and exact negative effects it still holds lone term.

It is sickening and atrocious with what happened ,the BP spill and the cover-ups afterward,greed has no boundaries in the hearts of the corporate corrupt

edit on 24-3-2012 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

I think it's funny a study had to be done to confirm this.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
So many obvious things these days getting researched long after it has already affected us.

Glad I don't eat seafood,.. oily from the gulf, radioactive from the pacific, and I'm sure the atlantic coast has got some crap too.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
These...people...needed...a...STUDY...for...this???

Okay, I think the rest of Planet Earth came to this conclusion for free by simply watching oil pump like a demonic fire hose, 24/7, endlessly....and in full living LIVE coverage during most.

I can't believe some people actually go pay to study the obvious and conclude the self evident..then wonder why people are pissed off that they didn't work to SOLVE the problem during that same time.

We KNEW what the problem IS...It's that solution part we need TPTB to work on...before we can't eat anything out of the Gulf without ingesting one of the more toxic brews found in nature.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

I think it's funny a study had to be done to confirm this.

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
These...people...needed...a...STUDY...for...this???

I agree,Funny to think anyone in their right sensible mind wouldn't of known the outcome of this oil spill,needing a study to prove to them this outcome.

It is pretty obvious to me the damage and infiltration of the food chain because of this...Sadly there are those out there who would demand such a study to confirm the obvious...agenda or stupidity,take your pick.
edit on 24-3-2012 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Yes indeed. S/F on the thread for the update on the situation, The absurdity of the situation actually did give me a deep laugh. It's nice to have a good laugh for a change.

Goodness knows I've have enough evenings with a broken heart over this. Of ALL the times for it to happen, I had a broken ankle and was pretty well stuck on a couch for nearly 4 months........right through this. The 24/7 coverage is something I can never forget of that blowout and oil geyser. When I went to sleep..and there it was when I woke up. I didn't have it on every night....but enough to certainly be impressed by it. Literally.

It all went somewhere and so little of it came to the surface for sheer volume, did it?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You are right about that...It certainly had to have gone "somewhere" ...Unfortunately that being into peoples food and is slowly but surely destroying the Eco-system.

It is truly a shame and saddens me to think how easily this was brushed under the rug..I think they need to be held accountable for their actions or lack of.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Now contrast this with those wonderful feel good commercials from BP with people scarfin on shrimp and crabs! I have not and will not eat it, because that's just common sense. They are really pushing it too (consuming gulf seafood) Everyone's eating it too like nothing happened (including tourists) I wonder how much money that study cost? Just watch though....there will be more of this. Check this out.
www.nola.com...
edit on 3/26/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join