It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am still a scientist!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Why does CERN show interest in LENR when you said earlier that any phsicist thinks the idea is "laughably stupid"?

reply to post by Moduli

In my entire carrier I have never met *one* physicist who works in those fields who hasn't thought this is laughably stupid.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

I was actually hoping for an answer by a scientist .Are you a scientist? do you have a white coat and a bunsen burner?
No???
I will wait for an expert

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
you can provide evidence if you truly are a scientist...

you can for example..

grab your certificates...put them near the monitor with your thread on and take a photo..you can edit out your name out ...that i think will help you a little

till then..i suggest my fellow members not to invest in this thread..keep in mind this already have been posted in the HOAX bin by our staff..and that means something

edit on 24-3-2012 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
you can provide evidence if you truly are a scientist...

you can for example..

grab your certificates...put them near the monitor with your thread on and take a photo..you can edit out your name ...that i think will help you a little

till then..i suggest my fellow members not to invest in this thread..keep in mind this already have been posted in the HOAX bin by our staff..and that mean something

But it's so much fun to watch

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

true but in the name of the motto of ATS..denying ignorance..

imagine all the hoaxes we went through together,,,do we really deserve this??

a hoaxer amongst us just because its funny?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Piont
Taken

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
there are alternatives for you members who would like your questions to be answered from a reliable source..

here is an example..i'm sure there are many more online

NASA - Ask an Astrobiologist

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz

I was actually hoping for an answer by a scientist .Are you a scientist? do you have a white coat and a bunsen burner?
No???
I will wait for an expert

Actually yes. I do sometimes wear a white coat.

but my expertise is not in string theory.

its in sleep polysomnography.

eat it.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I have a question

Why does a scientist come onto a community like ATS, who is full of people with a wide variety of believes and viewpoints on diverse topics, sometimes not very scientific at all, and want to answer their questions?

You know that many will doubt you, and you know that many of your answers will not be well received.

Do you feel you can change the view of some people on here?

The fact is many people come on here with some wild claims, promising the moon and stars, and never deliver. It gets old and boring, and i seriously hope, that this is not another case like that.

vvv

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

So doc can you tell me about the recent sand blows in the new Madrid zone,thankyousdb

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Observ321

No sir I cant.

But this 188 day cycle is really strange, But almost perfect.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
It's very good to see you back on the board, Moduli. I admire your courage and your unusually forgiving nature. If ATS had treated me the way it has treated you I would certainly not be giving its members a second chance.

As I made clear in the 'Ask A Scientist' thread, I have no reason to doubt your scientific credentials. I have some modest pretensions towards a scientific education, and I can corroborate your answers to many of the questions you have been asked. They are the same answers I would give, more or less. Whether you are a scientist or not, your statements are, as far as I can tell, scientifically correct. I believe you are who you say you are.

I have two questions for you. They are not factual inquiries but have to do with your personal opinions.
  1. What do you have to say to those who hold that string theory, being essentially unfalsifiable, is a scientific dead end in so far as helping us understand reality is concerned?

2. Since the mid-twentieth century or so, physicists have tended to regard scientific theories less as descriptions of how reality is than as intellectual frameworks that make more or less accurate predictions about the world but do not necessarily describe or model it correctly. The implication is that the ultimate nature of reality, if such a thing exists, may forever elude human understanding. What is your opinion on this?

I understand that the answers to these questions may not be short, but if you would take the time to address them I would greatly appreciate it.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

I had to go and look that up and anyone who knows big words like that is a scientist in my book

Now all i will need is a screenshot of your diploma/certificate (with personal details edited out of course) and i will blindly accept your answer.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz

I had to go and look that up and anyone who knows big words like that is a scientist in my book

Now all i will need is a screenshot of your diploma/certificate (with personal details edited out of course) and i will blindly accept your answer.

Its just a big word for Sleep Study.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Which is what i am going to do now. All this digging is making me tired

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
If i want to talk to a scientist, the last place i would go is a conspiracy forum.

Where would you rather go? KFC?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by moniker

No, You go to University.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
if you are a scientist you just enjoy this site as everybody else...did i open up a thread "I AM A COMPUTER PROGRAMER"..ask me anything about computers?

there are thousands of members here with different professions what makes this special that a thread must be opened..

seriously how do you blindly fall into such BS without questioning

did you read his terms and conditions lol...do you see that to be ethical for a quantum scientist to do??

omg

edit on 24-3-2012 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
Whatever you call yourself, scientist or whatever, it's clear you're a bit of a jack ass.

I'd actually go so far as to say that he sounds comparitively humble. I know someone who's a former high school science teacher; and while he's one of the more positive people I've ever met, he also considers his definition of science to be more important than anything else, and not in a good way.

The only working definition of the word science that I've ever come across, is where if I'm able to figure out how to do something, and I record exactly how to do it, then either I will be able to consistently do it again later, or if I share said record with other people, they will be able to as well. Most people who call themselves scientists that I've come across, though, don't like that definition for some reason. I've never been able to understand what they define science as.

The only other thing that I've noticed about people who call themselves "real scientists," is that although I haven't encountered very many of them, they do not usually like me at all. I believe in God, and they virtually never do; although I don't think that the definition of God which they assume I've got, is the one I've actually got, either. There are a lot of people on Wikipedia in particular who seem to consider themselves scientists, and they are probably the single most horrible group I've ever come across.

So I try and stay away from them, to tell the truth. As much for their sake, as for mine.
edit on 24-3-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-3-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I was reluctant to post on this because as the first response states. Your self worth is some how attached to your science degree(s).

My question is: What have you contributed towards science... this will determine if you are an actual scientist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join