It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Step Back a Second, Guys :or: a call to reason

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Ok, so this Trayvon thing is exploding. I get it.
Everybody needs to chill out and let the system work. This doesn't appear to be some good ol' boy lynching or anything like that. The police and justice system will do their jobs. This man, Zimmerman, is not guilty until proven so. Until then he is innocent. Regardless of what witnesses say. They have not been examined, or cross examined, or sworn to an oath. They have as much credibility as a witness as I do, which is to say none.

I'm not saying he didn't do it, the guy is in trouble, I'm saying that he is presumed innocent.
Nobody is trying to not serve justice here. This is not a case of police brutality. At WORST, it is a case of a deranged man who shot and killed a kid. There is no reason for everyone to be acting so crazy about this.

My opinion is that Zimmerman is in a bad way, and things don't look good for him. I don't know, and I won't guess if he killed the kid. That's not my job, and it isn't anybody else's; except the judge and jury.

We don't need riots, we don't need another RK. This wasn't institutional violence. That's a fact.

Breathe, people.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Unfortunately people will not look at purely as somehting that happened between two individuals.

Instead people will project their racial and political attitudes onto the event.

We should all want to see justice done for the individuals involved, and I hope we can all separate that from our own politics and attitudes, whatever they may be.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

Everybody needs to chill out and let the system work.

The thing is "the system" continues to fail regularly.
Its not really a suprise that people are losing faith in "the system" and its decisions.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

Really? How has the judicial system failed you, regularly. The most recent case I can think of was Casey Anthony. I see why they found her NG, I'm glad they did. The prosecution had a flimsy case all around.

Tell me how "the system" (being the courts) fails you.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

People are wrongfully jailed all the time for crimes they didnt commit.

Not to mention jail terms are often too much/too little depending on the case.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

That will happen in any court system, as well as corruption. A case of this caliber though, this high profile of a thing, it will be scrutinized to the extreme.

top topics

join