It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fishing with donuts!! OWS having fun in NYC

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jesiaha
The fact they have quotas to meet makes me sick

They don't have quota's anymore, now they have to “log a busy day”.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

It seems like stupidity, but it is actually an outlet for despair and impotence in their struggle against tyranny. Even if the ows guys looked like uber geeks doing this, the look on the face of each egomaniac cop was worth it. A miniscule taste of vindication in the face of decades of total police oppression.

I know you fight the good fight by your posting history.

Apologies for the last line of my previous post.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
It wasn't even a protester doing it, it was Joey Boots from the Howard Stern show. Still funny though. Still typical rhetoric on here...get mad at people not breaking the law, defend the cops that are breaking the law.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Originally posted by jesiaha
The fact they have quotas to meet makes me sick

They don't have quota's anymore, now they have to “log a busy day”.

hahah the pleasures of semantic, real poets they are.

I'm not beating my wife.....she like it rough

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Joey Boots eh, I used to listen to the Stern Show all the time, for prolly 7-8 years... Never knew what he looked like though haha

People talk about whether this is helping the cause or not... But imagine being there 24 hrs a day, what else are ya gonna do with a line of police following every move you make... Are they just supposed to stand there and ask for mace in the face? maybe some flashbangs?

What are you doing to help bring awareness and justice to the people?(Rhetorical question, doesnt need to be answered)

Peace

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
this is one of the reasons why their "movement" will never gain traction. They don't come across as protesters, they come across as bored hipsters passing the time by taunting cops.

for the record, cops, in general, have a great sense of humor but, in this case, they are being ordered to stand around watching a group of kids as they call them pigs and toy with law enforcement stereotypes. The look of bored disgust on their faces is understandable.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
this is one of the reasons why their "movement" will never gain traction. They don't come across as protesters, they come across as bored hipsters passing the time by taunting cops.

for the record, cops, in general, have a great sense of humor but, in this case, they are being ordered to stand around watching a group of kids as they call them pigs and toy with law enforcement stereotypes. The look of bored disgust on their faces is understandable.

I have to agree that the verbal taunting is pretty unecessary. But I do like the donut stereotype, its harmless

I'd gladly share a peaceful donut with a cop willing to come have a discussion on his own will!
edit on 24-3-2012 by jesiaha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Yeah some people hold signs in protest,

others hold donuts in protest, now

I think its neat except what do the People/protesters really want?

Hope they are expressing that clearly with their vocab.. not just 'taunting' - leave the taunting to the donuts themselves

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jesiaha

the donut thing is funny but, when you are facing a line of cops who really don't want to be babysitting your gathering, mocking them with the donut is not the wisest thing.

A bit of a comedic aside here but I was pulled over for going very fast two summers back and I told the cop that my daughter had a stomach bug and I was driving fast because she had another attack coming on and she didn't want to go in her pants. the cop had me get off at the next exit, gave me directions past 3 fast food restaurants, two gas stations and 2 diners, to a dunkin donuts, so we could discuss my ticket while she used the facilities. My wife thought he wanted a box of boston cremes as a bribe. We were in hysterics by the time we pulled into the parking lot and it took a hell of a lot of control to not offer the guy a cruller in exchange for a pass on the ticket.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Yeah cuz the donut fishing is gonna put the cops in a good mood. Nothing like taunting them when in their minds they are just doing what they are told. But when the crowd gets gassed, tasered and beaten beyond recognition its the cops fault.

I know the cops are the professionals and what not. They are trained to not react et cetera..

This is classless and embarrassing.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
This kid was later arrested for intimidating the police with a donut.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It amazes me that people take an issue with a guy (who isn't a protester) for putting a doughnut on a string, tied to a pole and waiving it around over barricades (that shouldn't be there) and taunting cops with it, but don't take issue with the NYPD breaking laws and riding roughshod over the Constitution...legal issues and corruption within the NYPD are coming to light more and more every passing week.

People liken this to waving a red flag in front of a raging bull, but, no one ever asks why the NYPD so easily likened to a raging bull? They're abusing their authority and stepping beyond it. Long before there was OWS there was abuse coming from the NYPD. When this kind of abuse happens you don't cower and say things like don't provoke them if you do it's your fault. Their job is to uphold the law not be taunted into breaking it.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I would like to know what these guys do for a living? How can people afford to stand in the streets all day?
I dont see how taunting cops with dounuts helps with what they are trying to prove.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
has ows really dwindled down to a few dozen intoxicated idiots waving donuts.

these idiots aren't mocking cops, they are mocking the thousands of americans that came before them and shed their blood for the freedoms and rights that they are wasting away.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
"here piggy piggy piggy" That killed me. Antagonizing these cops isn't going to make them quit their jobs and start protesting. They get a good paycheck, benefits, and wonderful retirement package enforcing the laws of an extremely corrupt government. They didn't become cops to uphold the constitution. They became cops so they could get a gun, a car with sirens, and the ability to arrest people and have "authority"

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlastedCaddy
Yeah cuz the donut fishing is gonna put the cops in a good mood. Nothing like taunting them when in their minds they are just doing what they are told. But when the crowd gets gassed, tasered and beaten beyond recognition its the cops fault.

I know the cops are the professionals and what not. They are trained to not react et cetera..

This is classless and embarrassing.

Yes, the cops are doing just what their told. American soldiers were doing just what they were told to use torture techniques on suspected terrorists, Nazi police were just told to arrest Jews.. whether it's enforcing a silly minor unethical law, or murdering people, doing it "just because you were told to" is no excuse.
edit on 3/24/2012 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Just a question

how does this help your cause? All this shows is that OWS is a bunch of kids messing with the cops for no reason...

Great job!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Oh thank you so much morder1 and star and flag

This video cheered me and my family up muchly

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Wow I can see how this accomplishes the OWS agenda.

I am writing a check in support of their well organized, logical process on accomplishing the goals they set forth. (end of sarcasm)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leftist
The cops need to mellow out a little and roll with it. They could have cracked a smile or two, it wouldn't have killed them. What a surly, stony-faced reaction to what actually is a pretty funny joke.

The attitude of the police in such situations seems to be, that if they display any positive emotion towards the people they are there in opposition to, then it will be viewed as a concession, or an endorsement of protestor activity. It is considered extremely important to maintain an attitude of pure authoritarianism. Displays of humanity are considered unprofessional.

I also am inclined to believe that recruiters are actively screening for psychopaths at this point, as well; and by that I don't mean in order to discipline or get rid of them, but because they are desired. So that probably also has something to do with the emotionally neutral reaction, as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join