It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The evidence of the truth in the bible from biblical archeaology to biblical astronomy, science has

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

What about tectonic plate movement that shows that Africa and South America were connected at one time? Do you believe they were never connected? It took the continents a long time to travel to their current position.

Do you disregard scientific theories regarding the age of planet earth in favor of what is written in the bible?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne

What about tectonic plate movement that shows that Africa and South America were connected at one time? Do you believe they were never connected? It took the continents a long time to travel to their current position.

Do you disregard scientific theories regarding the age of planet earth in favor of what is written in the bible?

Your Geology and science books fail to mention they have to shrink the African landmass 30% to make it "fit" with South America.

However, I do think at the time of Adam it was one landmass. The fountains of the deep breaking open caused continental drifting.

The Geologists at AIG tackle this and address it thoroughly.

AIG.org.

Great Q by the way, glad you brought it up in case others are also interested in the information.

Your question is misleading. It presupposes as though there is a consensus amongst the scientists/Geologists pertaining to this issue.

There certainly isn't.

edit on 26-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Thats the one hitch in trying to interpret the timeline, that hitch is God. We have analogies to give us a general idea but he is so different from us, that we can only grasp a little of what he is like and this comes from the prophets, Jesus and the apostles. He is outside of time, and so it has no effect on him, and time for him passes by like a stream of water, while for us it seems to stand still. For all we know, Adam and Eve could have lived milions of years before their fall from grace because they were created to be eternal, this would give credence to these so called "human" footprints found with dinosaur footprints (i don't know yet, i haven't bothered to verify that yet but i will get to it) and could be an indication of why the serpent who spoke to the woman stood on 2 legs.
edit on 26-3-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

The Geologists at AIG tackle this and address it thoroughly.

AIG.org.

Great Q by the way, glad you brought it up in case others are also interested in the information.

Your question is misleading. It presupposes as though there is a consensus amongst the scientists/Geologists pertaining to this issue.

There certainly isn't.

It is intellectually dishonest to think that a small group of fringe scientists is on par with peer reviewed real science. Nice try, but no cigar

Bona fide scientists don't "believe" as YEC scientists are required to do (see AiG's Statement of Faith). Their conclusions are based on the systematic gathering of information through various forms of direct and indirect observations and the testing of this information by methods including, but not limited to, experimentation.

Good luck, you need it!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

It is intellectually dishonest to think that a small group of fringe scientists is on par with peer reviewed real science. Nice try, but no cigar.

By your reasoning the world didn't actually become a sphere until the majority of scientists agreed to it not being flat. By the same reasoning the speed of light didn't become finite until the majority of scientists believed it was not infinite. (Which was some 50 years after first discovered it was not)

BRILLIANT!!!!

That's two wolves and lamb voting on what to eat for dinner!

Thank God truth isn't determined by popular vote.

F.Y.I., don't ask people questions if you have no intention of looking at the answers they provide, that's the height of ignorance and a waste of others precious time that you yourself would be angry if they did the same to you.

You're forgiven though, I'm quite used to it at this point in my life.

Good luck, you need it!

Thank you friend, I'm a great believer in luck. I find that the harder I work the more I have of it.

Take care now.

edit on 26-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Interesting ... So what is the geological age of planet earth? 6000 years?

6,000 or so years.

Where do you figure the Earth is 6,000 years old? I hope it's not from 2 Peter 3:8.

We have trees that are older than 6,000 years old. What do you suppose they [trees] were doing before the Earth was made by God?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by novastrike81

Interesting ... So what is the geological age of planet earth? 6000 years?

6,000 or so years.

Where do you figure the Earth is 6,000 years old? I hope it's not from 2 Peter 3:8.

We have trees that are older than 6,000 years old. What do you suppose they [trees] were doing before the Earth was made by God?

You do know C-14 dating is extremely inaccurate correct? Example: It's found in diamonds that are supposed to be millions of years old.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Hi Nut ..Have you taken any time for thought on the gap theroy ? Not as it would pertain to most things but ? peace

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1

Hi Nut ..Have you taken any time for thought on the gap theroy ? Not as it would pertain to most things but ? peace

Yes, and I cannot fathom Biblically how death was in the world before Genesis 3.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
But hey folks, can we take this debate to a new thread? We're no longer remotely close to the topic of this thread and I don't want to take the focus away from it because it's quite important.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by novastrike81

Assuming our dating techiniques are correct. As Notyourtypical pointed out the "authority" on "science" once said the world was flat, but the Torah said the earth was a circle/sphere 3500 years ago, 3000 years before modern "science" proved the world was round.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

You do know C-14 dating is extremely inaccurate correct? Example: It's found in diamonds that are supposed to be millions of years old.

You do know that radiometric dating is used for organisms that were once living, right? Since diamonds were never "alive" to breathe or eat Carbon-14, then it doesn't work.

C-14 dating is accurate up to 50,000 to 60,000 years. There are also other tests out there to date objects depending on the types of isotopes present.

Stop reading Answers in Genesis for scientific knowledge, they aren't a reputable source.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by novastrike81

You do know that radiometric dating is used for organisms that were once living, right?

Start a new thread, you may link it here. I'm not being a part any longer of this important topic being derailed when there is an entire forum dedicated to this debate.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The real Mt. Sinai.

Oh how modern science denies these events are real and happened. Here's 2 people who risked their lives to obtain the evidence any other people are too scared to try for. This folks, is a coverup originating from the muslim world coming down rom the very elite in the islamic governments themselves to deny these truths to the world.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

The mountain has a fence with razor wire atop it today, and a Saudi military outpost there. If people are found wandering into the area they are killed. No trial.

Disgusting.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

The mountain has a fence with razor wire atop it today, and a Saudi military outpost there. If people are found wandering into the area they are killed. No trial.

Disgusting.

Yeah i heard about that. I'm surprised Israel isn't fighting constant wars over that area, you would figure if anyone wanted the truth to come out it would be the jews. All the proof they need to claim the land is sitting in that spot.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Disgusting.

Yeah i heard about that. I'm surprised Israel isn't fighting constant wars over that area, you would figure if anyone wanted the truth to come out it would be the jews. All the proof they need to claim the land is sitting in that spot.

The Jews care more about keeping their buses and malls from being blown up, not proclaiming the truth bro. They don't care if the world believes or not.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Thought i'd throw this gem in, just one more example of the science of archeaology corroborating the bible.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnorantSpecies

Well? What do you say to some of the evidence presented in this post? Pretty cool stuff huh? I think it's great to be reassured that there really is a Creator that LOVES YOU!

OP What an awesome thread! I'm just trying to learn as much as I can. That's about all I can input thus far.

Thanks!
-FG

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by firegoggles

Very cool stuff. You'll notice the militant skeptics won't respond to anything presented, don't worry about it, it's normal.

edit on 8-6-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join