It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sin all you want and send the bills to Jesus.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

So technically, one can plan to sin till they are satisfied, and then show faith, like you said and accept Christ died for mankinds sins...

We call that a false convert. Someone who is just trying to purchase "fire insurance". What keeps us, or changes our natures, is the "regeneration" of the Holy Spirit and the "washing" of our old selves (mind) by the Word of God.

Or in my personal experience:

The things I used to love to do, or used to have no remorse whatsoever that was wrong, now I have no desire inside me to do and I find repulsive.

Someone who hasn't repented still doesn't have a change of mind about those things. I think that's the issue here, not understanding the Biblical definition of "repentance". It's not one feels remorse and sorry for doing something, that's just them being sorry they were caught. Repentance means a complete 180 in THOUGHT. Where the things one once loved to do now they hate.

Which will always result in a change in behavior. Like here, if I used to love to shoplift, or commit adultery, now I find repulsive and abhor.

Make sense now??

That's why James implies that a life that isn't changed their faith is a "dead faith", or they don't have saving trust in Christ and have never repented of their sins.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Do you even realize how absurd this is?

It's not absurd whatsoever.

Q: How many murders does a man have to commit before he is a murderer?
Q: How many sins must one commit before he is a sinner?

Sinners do not enter the kingdom of heaven. Socrates writing to Plato understood this dilemma, about how a Holy, perfect, and Righteous God could forgive sins without penalty.

"It may be that the deity can forgive sins, but I cannot see how." ~ Socarates

Christ alone was without any sins. Of omission, or commission. Now, Lionhearte is taking about Hitler, Stalin, and the kid who stole the pencil as "sinners" positionally, not in deed. There are different levels or degrees if you will of punishment in Hell. But all sinners who haven;'t been justified to God for their sins go to Hell nonetheless.

Likewise, all those who are justified enter heaven, that's positionally on the basis of Christ's righteousness. And likewise there are varying degrees of reward for faithfulness to the Lord.

edit on 25-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

We call that a false convert.

Who is this "we" you are talking about? This is not a regular term I am familiar about. Could this possibly be a Calvinist term used to expalane what happens when Jesus is approached by someone not "predestined" to be saved?

What keeps us, or changes our natures, is the "regeneration" of the Holy Spirit and the "washing" of our old selves (mind) by the Word of God.
This is Calvinist theology. This doctrine is based on Ephesians, one of the several New Testament forgeries, meaning it purports to have been written by the Apostle Paul, but was actually written some time after his death, and is a sort of interpretation of Paul by an obviously dishonest person.
Ephesians 2:1 is where it gets into this philosophy, and unlike Paul, adds in mythology to the mix in order to explain things by saying, "according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others."
So the writer of Ephesians proposes a new theory where a spirit indwells people which it is to God's glory to destroy, and if you have this spirit in you, then "too bad, so sad", you have to be destroyed, and so the foundational principle of Calvinism, which much like the Old Testament lifts up the name of The Lord and equates His greatness by the number of people He slaughters (which is all good since they were evil [right?]).
My proposal is that this is modern times and it is about time we adopt a modern theology based on science (as in things like textual criticism), a science which will free us from the ignorance of the past, and to be free of the tyranny of the Catholic Church which has forced upon Christians monstrous books, the like of these false books (such as the one I just pointed out, Ephesians) placed into the canon adopted by the "orthodox" Church.
edit on 25-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Dude, I'm not a Calvinist, nor am I an Arminianist. I think the river or truth flows between the banks of two extremes. Not even John Calvin taught 5 pt Calvinism, his followers came up with it in response to Arminianism.

Goodness sakes man you're weird.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Funny you claim not to be a Calvinist while promoting Calvinist theology in your signature by linking to a Mark Driscoll video.

Anyone wanting to be informed on this mega-church celebrity-pastor (and his Calvinism) should read the New York Times (online) article:

Who Would Jesus Smack Down?
edit on 25-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

No what is truly hilarious is the Arminianists call me a Calvinist and the Calvinists call me an Arminianist.

That is what is truly hilarious.

Okay, well then I'm a Calvinistic Arminianist. Or you can call me an Arminianistic Calvinist, take your pick.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

Originally posted by halfoldman
Just for interest's sake, what do the Muslims do when they sin?

they spit on their wives and call a jihad and then they martyr themselves and expect 20 virgins waiting in Heaven afterward.

Could you post anything more worthless?

intolerant and ignorant statments like this just highlight the fact that you are a terrible person.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

edit on 28-3-2012 by IveSeenSum# because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2012 by IveSeenSum# because: Messed up my post.....sorry

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I can also demonstrate to you why Jesus is our savior in a scientific way. Call it the "JESUS THEORY". Let me know if you want to hear it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join