It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sin all you want and send the bills to Jesus.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Actually I have been reading the same bible as christians....and have found that most "christian" beliefs are unbiblical.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

Actually I have been reading the same bible as christians....and have found that most "christian" beliefs are unbiblical.

On that my friend, I would agree with you.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

. . . why bother about sin, when one can simply convert to christianity and accept that Jesus died for all your sins?
Obviously some people have a bad version of religion if they think this.
I don't see the fact that some people may hold this view to be a reason to toss out Christianity, but a reason to seek a better understanding of what the Apostles were trying to say in the New Testament.
The life of Jesus was not our personal possession where we could offer it up as a sacrifice.
The life of Jesus was his own where he could offer it in the cause of God's plan for the redemption of the world.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

that just the thing, Christians are not afraid of hell or the devil... that is for the unrighteous and unjust.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
Atheists don't get a "Kings x" ticket to absolve themselves of personal responsibility. We are responsible for our shortcomings. It is our conscience that guides us, I believe it is a much more honest approach to personal responsibility.

where along the way did we decided to take responsibility and tender it with justice and give the morals a name?

the Bile basically destroys everything in its path because it is true and it speak very much so right along these lines. Every person on the planet does not have these type of super duper parents to tech them how to be a more perfect human. In fact I would argue that the percentage is very low if it even exist at all...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
truth is the sword of justice... it slays injustice and dishonesty which are the trademark of a devil.

the devil is not a good being!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

The very deep question here is: if the Church wasn't lying to control us, what kind of society would we be today?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

The very deep question here is: if the Church wasn't lying to control us, what kind of society would we be today?

The church could have only controlled its own "flock".
The rest of mankind lived on different continents and had their own way of life.....they didn't need a "church" to know about God.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

what about the plant that God gave earth, according to law using this plant as a medicine makes one a criminal and is outside the law, in short, you can break the law and not sin so your argument is not valid.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

what society? truth and justice create it...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
What difference does it make anyway. He is supposed to be all-knowing, all-powerful and in all places at one time. He already knows what choices you are going to make in life and His mind is, in essence, already made up because He has seen your future.

You really have no choice. There is no free will when you have an all-knowing God that has already decided your reward/punishment because he has seen the future.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Wow, this thread is laughable. Yes, all one has to do is accept Christ - by showing faith. For we are saved by Grace, THROUGH faith. Not through works, not through words, but through FAITH.

And let's make two things clear. First thing is..

Grace is NOT permission to SIN.

When you truly accept Christ - through a baptism of ANGUISH, God shares his heart with you - You feel the conviction from Sin, not BECAUSE someone told you that it's a Sin, but you because you KNOW it's a Sin. It's quite a strange feeling, really. Besides, you will Sin again - mark my words. No one is perfect, but the KEY thing is this...

YOU. CANNOT. FOOL. GOD.

Amen.

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Huh, so you mean to tell me that accepting Jesus died for mankinds sin is a one time thing?
What happens to a "saved" christian who sins after accepting Jesus' sin sacrifice? You mean he can't accept Jesus dying for his sins more than once?

Exactly. This is what we call "backsliding to the Cross". Jesus died for your sins ONCE and FOR ALL. He sacrificed his life, just like they used to do in ancient times with sheep - the only difference is, the sheep only covered your sins for a day. Jesus covers them for life.

If you stop and ask for forgiveness again, you're basically asking Jesus to get back on the cross because his death wasn't enough. He needs to do it again.

That's an insult to the Most High.

You're still forgiven, though. You're forgiven once AND FOR ALL the moment you truly accept Christ.
That's the beauty of it.
edit on 24-3-2012 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelkhall
What difference does it make anyway. He is supposed to be all-knowing, all-powerful and in all places at one time. He already knows what choices you are going to make in life and His mind is, in essence, already made up because He has seen your future.

You really have no choice. There is no free will when you have an all-knowing God that has already decided your reward/punishment because he has seen the future.

Untrue. It may seem like it - because God knows who will come to Him, but the only way they can come to Him is if God draws them to Him first.

Seem unfair?

Not really. Think of it this way - Let's say you go to a horse race and know without a doubt, 100%, which horse will win. You betting all your money on the loser? No, you're betting it all on the winner - on your champion. That's all God is doing. Why draw someone to Him if he'll NEVER accept?

Of course, in these last days, he says he will pour his Spirit upon the entire world.. everyone will get the choice. Everyone has the same chance. It's fair.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Untrue. It may seem like it - because God knows who will come to Him, but the only way they can come to Him is if God draws them to Him first. Seem unfair?

You bet your bottom dollar it seems unfair. God knows who will come to him so he only calls those that he knows will come to him without giving those that he knows won't come to him even a chance? And you call this a "fair" God, a "loving" God?

And because he already knows that someone won't come to him he, he knows there is no since in calling the to him and has already condemned them to the "fiery pits of hell"?

I was agnostic. The more I read from some of you bible-thumping, repent or burn in hell Christians, the more I believe I don't want to know your God.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelkhall
reply to post by Lionhearte

You bet your bottom dollar it seems unfair. God knows who will come to him so he only calls those that he knows will come to him without giving those that he knows won't come to him even a chance? And you call this a "fair" God, a "loving" God?

And because he already knows that someone won't come to him he, he knows there is no since in calling the to him and has already condemned them to the "fiery pits of hell"?

I was agnostic. The more I read from some of you bible-thumping, repent or burn in hell Christians, the more I believe I don't want to know your God.

So you didn't even bother to read my post, I see.

Don't try to make it seem unfair when it isn't. If someone isn't "saved", why then aren't they? Is it because God didn't draw them? or did God not call them, because they didn't care in the first place? I tell you the truth, if someone WANTED to be saved - they would be. It's impossible for someone to WANT to be saved, and God not call them. That's logical any way you look at it.

It's your choice. It's not for me to "try" and convert you, because I can't, so I don't know why you bothered telling me. If you don't want anything to do with God, there's a place for you where you'll never have to deal with God again.

Ever.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JizzyMcButter
Yep,... sad isn't it.

Serial Killer accepts "Christ" before he is executed = Saved.
Mother questions why "God" would let her daughter be raped and murdered = Burn in hell for eternity.

Some seriously stupid shyte in my opinion.

Maybe it's because The Bible is a book that was written by MEN about 2,000 years ago in the Desert.

It's a freaking book.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Two quick things (I don't want to get sucked into this):

1). That is one of the things I find beautiful about salvation. We believe in a God that gives it to us freely. We don't have impossible demands set upon us to acquire salvation. We don't have to engage in endless rituals for acceptance. It's a gift for the taking. That's a pretty neat.

2). In my 32 years, I've never come across a Christian who has said, 'I'm saved so I guess I'll go out and murder, rape, rob, and fornicate.' Not even atheists say 'Well there is no God so I guess I'll go rape some people now.' So why would a Christian?

It's not a free pass to sin. I would suspect anyone who used it as such doesn't truly love Jesus. Even Jesus said that if we love Him, we would obey Him.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Christians believe that accepting Jesus died for mankinds sins automatically redeems one of their sins...they also believe that one who does not accept that Jesus died for his sins, still remains under the burden of his sins and will end up in hell.

I have to just point out that this is not really a true statement, christian is a very broad term. Jehovah's witnesses are Christian but they do not believe in hell at all! So they can not think that you go to hell as you have stated.

That being said I agree with what you are saying, though you should be more specific! Jehovah's witnesses believe that there will be a resurrection, and a judgement day. If you don't pass the judgement you just won't be resurrected... No firey torment for eternity for you!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Two quick things (I don't want to get sucked into this):

1). That is one of the things I find beautiful about salvation. We believe in a God that gives it to us freely. We don't have impossible demands set upon us to acquire salvation. We don't have to engage in endless rituals for acceptance. It's a gift for the taking. That's a pretty neat.

2). In my 32 years, I've never come across a Christian who has said, 'I'm saved so I guess I'll go out and murder, rape, rob, and fornicate.' Not even atheists say 'Well there is no God so I guess I'll go rape some people now.' So why would a Christian?

It's not a free pass to sin. I would suspect anyone who used it as such doesn't truly love Jesus. Even Jesus said that if we love Him, we would obey Him.

no it's usually the atheist who come running to be saved after they commit their vile acts, Just read up on Jeffrey Dahmer!

I have to admit, I have accuried the sin as of recently to use the power of speech and language to in a way knck some sense into the atheist's heads.

the darkness is ignorance and it must be educated...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
America like Israel we are all about preemption!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join