It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone a member of this website?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
companycommand.army.mil...

This site has been recommended as the place where military leaders in Iraq can post information. Anyone able to get any information from it, It would be facinating.

www.intel-dump.com...
Captains are sharing lessons via e-mail and on Web sites such as www.companycommand.com. Subjects range from dealing with sheiks to teaching a heavy-armor unit, accustomed to fighting inside 70-ton tanks, how to patrol on foot with rifles. Lt. Gen. William Wallace has told superiors that officers returning from Iraq who attend the Army's elite Command and General Staff College at Fort Leavenworth, Kan., know more about counterinsurgency than their instructors. The change has forced instructors there to shift from traditional lectures to discussion-oriented classes.

"This is entirely a bottom-up war. It is the platoon leaders and company commanders that are fighting it," says Maj. John Nagl, third-in-command of an 850-man battalion based nine miles from Fallujah.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
That looks good for soldiers, to be able to retrain on demand to the current trends of warfare. It has been an issue with the armed forces ever since the beginning, to be able to maintain proper combat efficiency. Something that isn't taught is guerrilla tactics identification, how to spot and counter
"insurgency" for example. It is mostly special foces and ranger style troops who learn that, it isn't taught in basic/osut or boot. Even though it should be taught in the advanced schools such as MOS schools and such, often it isn't even hinted at. Leaving soldiers to find out the hard way, that is how they learn more than those who originally instructed them. Times change as the seasons, such is warfare. To stay ahead of that disadvantage site as the one you linked are great, but also a breach in security if left posted on the general public internet. As some hacker will try and succeed in gaining access to the information.

I'm happy to see it the issue being addressed, but not impressed with how it is being conducted. Something such as tactics and training are hands on personal, not found on a website. I used to think Shinseke was bad, but now I might reconsider.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I've noticed something funny :

companycommand.army.mil...

The example name given for creating an account is John DOE. Coincidence ?

First Name
Required
e.g. John

Last Name
Required
e.g. Doe

Required
e.g. [email protected] (Only .MIL domain will be approved)

It look like this site :

www.milicom.com...

[edit on 23-9-2004 by Nans DESMICHELS]

join