It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Play Us Well

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Okay. First off, if you plan on replying to this OP, leave your emotions in the threads section.

I live in St. Petersburg, FL. I know why THIS Zimmerman case, is receiving so much media bias & spin. Let me ask you this; do you not think that men shoot teenagers EVERY day in the United States? This is nothing new. I don't care if Treyvon was black, or if Zimmerman was... Whatever he is. It does not matter. However, what matters is that Florida has some of the highest racial tensions known to the country, Florida is a state that could easily explode with "race riots", or whatever you wish to label them.

Floridians also tend to be a bit... Simplified. People here are rather ignorant as to facts, and don't seem to mind it. I honestly believe that the only reason for this media attention, is to heat up the pot, just a little bit more, so that when the time comes, we will not want to help each other. Incidents like this will be used to spark violent incidents that involve large groups of people, so that a non-local force can eventually step in and control a region.

"why can't you all just get along. This is for your own good", they will tell us. Impoverished blacks will be used as pawns in social unrest. They have & will be duped into taking aggressive actions towards others, via disinformation, as have whites. Whites are already just scared sh**less over everything.

. That or something else is going on that should be garnering much more national attention, yet has been intentionally drowned out by this story. Sounds a bit more plausible.

Who knows. I just wanted to voice an opinion.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Exactly!

Even where I live, we have had cases of violence against different races but it is never launched into the stratosphere like this case has....and there isn't even any evidence presented to make a case either way!

This is a tragedy and a distraction at the same time!

Why don't we talk about the injustices against every person that is murdered? Why does this case present anything different than what has happened so many times in the past?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Location plays a massive role. Setting. This past year, all of the rage was about the officer who was shot and killed by a black teenager.. Apparently turned himself in. I think that this is just another round of spice added to the broth.

Imagery plays a huge role.. This is the purpose served by our harrowing 911 call. To really let you "see" the murder.

Timing. Well. That doesn't really need any explanation.
edit on 23-3-2012 by EvanJP because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Media and politicians feed the masses with this hate. Don't kindle the fire. Share compassion and all this ends.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanJP

I think it is as big as it is because of the "stand your ground" defense that initially let him off the hook. If he were arrested at the scene and charged for murder, this wouldn't have made it past local news.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by cuervo

Very valid point. However, If that were the case, the man would be incarcerated right now. Having him unjailed is beneficial in that there is room for violence to escalate, as nobody seems to bat an eye at any violence occuring in prison. I saw a thread earlier about the modern Black Panthers issuing a dead or alive poster with Zimmerman's face on it? I wouldn't see Malcolm X liking that very much.

I could be wrong though!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanJP
reply to post by cuervo

Very valid point. However, If that were the case, the man would be incarcerated right now. Having him unjailed is beneficial in that there is room for violence to escalate, as nobody seems to bat an eye at any violence occuring in prison. I saw a thread earlier about the modern Black Panthers issuing a dead or alive poster with Zimmerman's face on it? I wouldn't see Malcolm X liking that very much.

I could be wrong though!

I heard about that too. So sad they have to run the Black Panthers name into the dirt. The real Black Panthers no longer exist and the founders have publicly requested that the new guys quit using their name. It's like if the Klu Klux Klan decided to rename themselves to "The Tea Party" 20 years from now.

Anyway, I don't doubt the whole thing is being milked but I think the non-arrest is what allowed it to be... milkable?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I grew up in Florida during the race riots of the 70's.

Every day at school, somebody was beaten up, stabbed or cut with a razor, even though we had actual city policemen patrolling the campus on foot.( Good thing guns weren't as accessible THEN!)

It's calmed down considerably since then, but when circumstance and opportunity present themselves, Anything can happen....

Glad I don't live THERE anymore..

new topics

top topics

join