It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM technique to control the opposition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Please hear me out and I am sorry if I am bad at explaining this so please feel free to ask questions for clarification.

I think that in very recent times, possibly due to occupy the internet and social push against injustice and corruption has become a powerful force. In the past the media didn’t need to worry about people exposing their lies because they were isolated and unorganised.
A prime example of how the Media can control the opposition is the recent Kony phenomena. From the get go there were a lot of people who knew that Kony 2012 was just a push for war and the control of resources.
The internet made the anti Kony movement almost as big as the pro kony movement.
The media’s reaction was to focus on a very small part of the anti kony movement to discredit the entire movement. They focused on how only 30% of donations went to the cause and how the creator was making a lot of money from it.
While their intention may seem like they are being unbiased and telling you both sides of the story, what they are actually doing is getting people to argue about a small and trivial part of the story while ignoring the fact that the whole thing was just another call to war, among other things.

Another example:

I recently read an ATS thread by Agent_USA_Supporter which you can read here that posted a link to this article:
CNN rejects as 'ridiculous' Syrian claims it collaborated with rebels

It is clear that they have focused on a ridiculous accusation to discredit the genuine accusations that western parties and the media are lying about many parts of the Syrian situation. Most people are actually saying, and quite rightly as they are backed up with facts that CNN and other msm are fabricating stories etc..

I think another example of this could be the whole global warming argument.
We have spent about 10 years arguing about global warming while there are about 1,000,000 genuine other reasons to stop using fossil fuels that go completely unheard anymore.

Just be careful people.
And try not to get caught up in the unimportant while the elephant is still in the room.

The media are clever and know how to avert attention, creating anger and argument in the population and other things like this.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Aside from the fake studio made reports,

they love to publish articles,

get some comments,

then censor the comments in favor of their agenda,

then edit the original story.

Sometimes all within a few hours.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
FOX = 6, 15, 24 characters of the alphabet, and the digits add to 666
FOX = 666

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by reitze
FOX = 6, 15, 24 characters of the alphabet, and the digits add to 666
FOX = 666

WOW, this is minnnnnnnnnd blowinnnnnnng....FOX = 666!!!

This is all to much for my brain to comprehend but did you also know that if you take

NORTH KOREA .......take the H and T and E and R and add a few letters here and there you get "We love Hitler so so much" - its just so amazing. I am spinning!!!!

See what you want is the saying that springs to mind!!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnorantSpecies

Yeah they do some really pathetic censor tactics nowadays.

-hollywood level production quality
-predictive programming to prep their response to the programming
-Censor Censor Censor.
-biased cherrypicked numbers/stats/experts
-Bribe "experts"
-distort truth when presented
-ignore debate
-psychological stifling tactics(ad hominem,fallacy, circular logic, sematic games, delphi, fake opposition,cut the mic,NLP,repetition memes)
-emotionalize the story

edit on 26-3-2012 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I'm surprised this didn't get more S & F's.

This is very spot on. They will cover certain parts of an argument to let people think they know what it's about and they will no longer feel the need to look it up as they feel they already know whats going on, thus controlling the public's need to get the truth.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
You hear/see it here first just became reality because just saw some mainstream media that posted some ATS subjects that have been here for some time. Looks like Republicans gobbled up some Obama news here and using it against him now. Mitt Romney loving these kind of websites. Xenongod

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Meaningless but hyped distracting issues/stories and FEAR!

top topics

join