It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive! First hand Witness: Trayvon Martin attacked Zimmerman Zimmerman Innocent Smoking Gun

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

good analysis

I'll add this about the whole ambiguous was it Zimmerman or Martin screaming or crying. Isn't it out of character and unlikely that a man who has a past of aggressive behavior and complaints about aggressive tactics as neighborhood watch to ''cry for help''?

The location where the fight happened and the body of Martin was found suggest that a chase occured. I highly doupt Zimmerman acting as a rent a cop with a firearm would be the one fleeing....makes no sense.

The guy desperatly wanted to become a police officer....

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Read the definition of a gated community...

they are what they are and he was in one...period...now go away.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJ

Austin's mother, Sheryl Brown, said that her son's trauma from that night also involves media and police versions of Austin's story. The police claim that Austin told them Zimmerman was the one screaming. Although Austin couldn't tell exactly who it was, he believes that it was Martin. Brown also told HuffPost that she believes the police investigator who interviewed her son may have been trying to get Austin to provide information that he didn't have:

"That investigator said flat out that we don't think it was self-defense," Brown said, recalling the day the police came to interview Austin. "Several times he said, 'I have kids, and I'm going to tell you something that I don't tell many people.' He looked at me and said, 'You have to read between the lines. There's some stereotyping going on.' "
She continued: "He stood here in my family room telling me that this guy [Zimmerman] is not right and it wasn't self-defense and that they have to prove that it wasn't. He was adamant about that. I don't know if that was to make me less uncomfortable or to make us feel that he was on our side."

In recent days, other witnesses have come forward to say that the police attempted to twist their testimony to support Zimmerman's claims of self-defense or ignored them entirely, including two witnesses who joined the Martin family during a press conference on Friday.

So we have some officers leading the questioning, and some officers admitting they don't believe it was self-defense. A mother, and three witnesses claiming their words were twisted or ignored. What do we make of this?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jesiaha

According to the official police report...

Zimmerman stated to the police officer as he was being handcuffed that it was him (Zimmerman) screaming for help.

He was found face down with bullet in chest...not in the back...also in the official police report..Officer stated Zimmerman had a bloody nose and back of the head and wet grass stains on his back.
edit on 24-3-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJ

Any cop in his right mind would not say that to witness...please

I knew it wouldn't be long before this went from racist, to gun control, to bad cops.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Anyone else think the MSM and POTUS bias, and the aggrivated racial tensions on both sides is the scariest thing about this whole situation?

Like, I can understand this appearing on HBO 's UNSOLVED CRIMES hosted by Ryan Seacrest in 10 years and all, but what really disturbs me is the MSM seemingly fueling the fire.
edit on 24-3-2012 by Cavalier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by jesiaha

Zimmerman stated to the police officer as he was being handcuffed that it was him (Zimmerman) screaming for help.

The official police report is one of the things in question.

The leading of witnesses by the police is one of the things in question.

The complacency of the police in investigating this incident is in question.

Not giving a drug/alcohol test to Zimmerman is in question.

And there is more.

WHY do you want this kid to be guilty and Zimmerman to be exonerated?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

reply to post by SpaceJ

Any cop in his right mind would not say that to witness...please

I knew it wouldn't be long before this went from racist, to gun control, to bad cops.

It's been about the police from the beginning, not a new development, which is why the police chief has removed himself from the case. They started with the oops when they dispatched narcotics officers instead of homicide to a gun shot report.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The only ones questioning every thing are the friends and family of Trayvon and those on Al Sharptons christmas card list...

Let the feds do their investigation and then you will have all new things to not believe.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

The only ones questioning every thing are the friends and family of Trayvon and those on Al Sharptons christmas card list...

Let the feds do their investigation and then you will have all new things to not believe.

Are you actually stating - - - this incident should not be questioned and investigated?

No matter who is asking for it?
edit on 24-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Cavalier

Anyone else think the MSM and POTUS bias, and the aggrivated racial tensions on both sides is the scariest thing about this whole situation?

Like, I can understand this appearing on UNSOLVED CRIMES hosted by Ryan Seacrest in 10 years and all, but what really disturbs me is the MSM seemingly fueling the fire.

Agreed.

The greatest threat to America right now is domestic upheavals, like this.

I'm going to be flying out, tomorrow, to begin screenings and training leading to an overseas deployment. I, honestly, find myself wondering if I will have a country to return back to.

The problem is that many special interest groups will use cases like this to fuel outrage and gain power. As we see with Sharpton - he has an impromptu army of several thousand and can raise huge amounts of money from people, ironically, tired of being 'poor and oppressed.'

The problem isn't that people get the motivation to "stand up" for something. It is that they are being led to believe by a number of interests that they are cornered and have no recourse but extreme actions.

I don't really fear islamic extremists so much as I fear one of these whack-jobs who gets too much camera time for anyone's good decides to start inciting riots or 'revolution.'

I mean... on one hand, it would be entertaining - as the entire U.S. would become a free-fire zone, and I'd get plenty of opportunity to use my shooting skills for something debatably constructive... but... I am getting to the age where I want a wife and kids... delusions of stalking through my home town streets with a rifle in search of friends and relatives is not nearly as romantic of a concept.

link   
What about this, the people who wrote the law in don't even believe it applies here:

Republican state lawmakers in Florida responsible for a controversial 2005 self-defense law said it shouldn't apply to a neighborhood watch volunteer who shot and killed Trayvon Martin, an unarmed 17-year-old, in February.

As we have been saying, how does chasing fit into self defense?

Dennis Baxley, a Republican state representative and co-author of the 2005 self-defense law, said Zimmerman negated his ability to claim immunity under the law by chasing Martin.

Lawmakers critiquing the handling by the police,

"This law is for innocent, law-abiding citizens who are under attack by a perpetrator," Baxley told The Huffington Post. "Anyone who is out pursuing and confronting people is not protected by this statute." "I think they need to go back and read the statute," Baxley said, referring to the Sanford Police Department.

Former Republican State Sen. Durell Peadon, another co-author of the law, said Zimmerman "has no protection under my law." "They need to prosecute whoever shot the kid," Peadon told the Miami Herald on Tuesday.

Simply put,

"You cannot provoke the confrontation. You cannot be the instigator and then claim 'stand your ground,' Sundby said.

source

link   

reply to post by jesiaha

In the circumstances where my reckless actions and poor decisions lead to the unfortunate death of someone....I would give the same statement.... wouldn't you? gotta put all of your chips in the same winning pot.

He was found face down with bullet in chest...not in the back...also in the official police report..Officer stated Zimmerman had a bloody nose and back of the head and wet grass stains on his back.

true, but how does having the upper hand in a physical altercation makes you the aggressor?
If I was using the same logic in my arguments I could be saying ''Martin got shot dead, he was obviously the victim''
edit on 24-3-2012 by jesiaha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJ

Officer Timothy Smith was the responding officer and there is no mention of him being a narcotics officer...he would have to be a detective I believe to be specialized or in that department. He's just an officer and was doing his duty.

As far as the other questions..drug test etc...those accusations were made by the National Black caucus and don't see any proof besides the police report as to what was done. Plus there is a little matter of probable cause..if he wasn't acting crazy, smelling like alcohol or dazed etc in the eyes..I don't know what they can actually do.

People do have rights...but see how fast some are to demand they be ignored?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

reply to post by SpaceJ

Officer Timothy Smith was the responding officer and there is no mention of him being a narcotics officer...he would have to be a detective I believe to be specialized or in that department. He's just an officer and was doing his duty.

As far as the other questions..drug test etc...those accusations were made by the National Black caucus and don't see any proof besides the police report as to what was done. Plus there is a little matter of probable cause..if he wasn't acting crazy, smelling like alcohol or dazed etc in the eyes..I don't know what they can actually do.

People do have rights...but see how fast some are to demand they be ignored?

The excuses you keep coming up with - - - are really scary.

I don't get it.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJ

This speaks volumes for who actually is most likely to have instigated this incident.

"You cannot provoke the confrontation. You cannot be the instigator and then claim 'stand your ground,' Sundby said.

That and the fact he was advised NOT to follow and as per "sanctioned" watch programs should not have been carrying a weapon.
edit on 24-3-2012 by GhettoRice because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jesiaha

First off you are going on the assumption everyone is a liar..

second I was only pointing out that YOU said there was a chase..I am saying they were facing each other...witnesses saw the man in red (Zimmerman) on the ground being beat...either witness statements are important or they aren't..you can't just ignore them if the don't fit your narrative...ie; poor innocent kid killed by black hater. Just saying that might not be the case. Let the feds do their job. Then you can say they are wrong too.. Fair enough? But putting lies out their doesn't help anyone.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

The truth is not an excuse....

I have yet to see you post one fact to back up your mindless bickering.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

What would be your stance on Zimmermans actions in light of what reason would suggest he do

When the Retreat at Twin Lakes community told Sanford police it wanted to start a neighborhood watch, city volunteer program coordinator Wendy Dorival spoke to them in September 2011. Her PowerPoint presentation, and a neighborhood watch manual the city makes available, both make clear: Don't confront. "The philosophy is, 'No weapons. Don't confront. Call the police,' " Dorival said Wednesday. She said that was her last dealings with the neighborhood, which chose its own leaders and had no sanctioning or accrediting relationship with law enforcement. The National Sheriff's Association said Wednesday it has "no information indicating the community where the incident occurred has ever even registered with the NSA Neighborhood Watch program."

He went well beyond what any "sanctioned" watch leader should do and because of that can claim "stand your ground", this is ultimately what the issue boils down to.
edit on 24-3-2012 by GhettoRice because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
There's so much misinformation out there right now, who knows who's right and who's wrong with this story...

And I have no clue why this is a national story, I can turn on my local news here in Chicago each night to listen to a story of some african american being shot by some hispanic, and vice versa... Why is this story so huge right now? People die everyday from careless actions of others... Senseless murder isnt uncommon today...

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join