It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive! First hand Witness: Trayvon Martin attacked Zimmerman Zimmerman Innocent Smoking Gun

page: 278
<< 275  276  277    279  280  281 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedog1973

Please explain how you're supposed to watch and not follow someone.

edit on 22-4-2012 by Paschar0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paschar0

Please explain how you're supposed to watch and not follow someone.

edit on 22-4-2012 by Paschar0 because: (no reason given)

Um...
by watching them
but not following them.

How is this this complicated. I am watching my cat walk away right now. I have not moved. I am not following it. I am still watching it though.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
JUST saw on the news that Zimmerman tutor's 2 black children.......

THAT is going to change everything.

People can accept those in their immediate circle - - - and still be prejudice.

Thankfully, information like this does matter to most people, because it help to directly contradict the racist claim. The odds are highly against someone tutoring black children if they're racist, and by highly I mean almost impossible. To dismiss it theoretically fails. Hell theoretically, OJ could shot him but that doesn't seem very likely either now does it.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Following someone is not stalking, unless it is done repeatedly, and with ill intentions.

Ill intentions eh?
You mean like wanting to make sure another asshole does not "get away?" grabbing your gun and going after someone?
Yeah, wanting to go and make sure some complete stranger does not "get away" with doing nothing wrong is pretty much ill will.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LErickson

So if you're on my neighborhood watch and a suspicious character walks around the corner out of your line of sight, what then?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Thankfully, information like this does matter to most people, because it help to directly contradict the racist claim. The odds are highly against someone tutoring black children if they're racist, and by highly I mean almost impossible. To dismiss it theoretically fails. Hell theoretically, OJ could shot him but that doesn't seem very likely either now does it.

The only people that really seem to care about the race issue are you guys. This entire thread the only people that are harping on it are you guys. Everyone else is just talking about a murderer getting away on his own word.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I have a simple but hopefully productive question.

How hard would it be to produce some vocal recordings of both Trayvon and Zimmerman to make an A-B comparison with the screams for help in the 911 calls? Hell, they could even have Zimmerman mimic the screams in real life since he's actually alive. Maybe Trayvon's parents have an audio clip of him at the game screaming at one of his teammates or something?

We still don't know how the altercation went down, but I just have a hard time connecting the screams for help and Zimmerman's story people keep repeating here, that Trayvon jumped him and bashed his head repeatedly against the sidewalk. Don't you think it would be kind of hard to be screaming for help while your head is getting bashed in, as you're simultaneously trying to keep the assaulter at bay while reaching for your gun? Does not compute.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I suppose you missed a key point.....

Stalking
A form of harassment generally comprised of repeated persistent following with no legitimate reason and with the intention of harming, or so as to arouse anxiety or fear of harm in the person being followed. Stalking may also take the form of harassing telephone calls, computer communications, letter-writing, etc.

That means it needs to be both repeated and with ill intentions.
edit on Sun, 22 Apr 2012 21:59:31 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LErickson
post removed by staff.

Are you talking about this rule in there handbook? The NNWI Participants Handbook states, "Always remember that your responsibility is to report crime. Do not take any risks to prevent a crime or try to make an arrest. The responsibility for apprehending criminals belongs to the police/sheriff.
First this is a suggestion to keep people safe not a rule second as far as we currently know he didnt try to arrest or detain Treyvon if he did this would violate Treyvons rights and guarantee a manslaughter charge. " As for carrying a gun its legal in the state of Florida and depending on the neighborhood probably necessary.

edit on Tue Apr 24 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

I suppose you missed a key point.....

Stalking
A form of harassment generally comprised of repeated persistent following with no legitimate reason and with the intention of harming, or so as to arouse anxiety or fear of harm in the person being followed. Stalking may also take the form of harassing telephone calls, computer communications, letter-writing, etc.

That means it needs to be both repeated and with ill intentions.
edit on Sun, 22 Apr 2012 21:59:31 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

So you do not deny he did in fact have ill intentions.
Thank you.
That was really all I needed.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

You are exaggerating the definition a little. I doubt any law enforcement would agree with you that Zimmerman was stalking him. I would say it was more akin to keeping an eye on him. Then he inadvertently crossed Martin's hiding place when he was walking back.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

"Rules"
Neighborhood watch rules amount to a bunch of nothing. He volunteered his time. Those rules aren't taken into account in court or anywhere else. They are basically suggestions. I would also bet they very neighborhood to neighborhood. I look forward to seeing you banned.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LErickson

The only people that really seem to care about the race issue are you guys. This entire thread the only people that are harping on it are you guys. Everyone else is just talking about a murderer getting away on his own word.

if i could give you 100 stars i would! this is not about race, its about people acting irresponsibly. if zimmerman would have used just a little bit of responsibility he wouldnt be in this predicament. he called 911 on, and followed someone who was not commiting any kind of crime or doing anything illegal. had the cops got there sooner they would have found trayvon to be in the clear, and told zimmerman to take a chill pill!!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarjetman
I have a simple but hopefully productive question.

How hard would it be to produce some vocal recordings of both Trayvon and Zimmerman to make an A-B comparison with the screams for help in the 911 calls? Hell, they could even have Zimmerman mimic the screams in real life since he's actually alive. Maybe Trayvon's parents have an audio clip of him at the game screaming at one of his teammates or something?

We still don't know how the altercation went down, but I just have a hard time connecting the screams for help and Zimmerman's story people keep repeating here, that Trayvon jumped him and bashed his head repeatedly against the sidewalk. Don't you think it would be kind of hard to be screaming for help while your head is getting bashed in, as you're simultaneously trying to keep the assaulter at bay while reaching for your gun? Does not compute.

If they were just talking with a good recording they could tell 100 percent who screamed. The problem is its over a cell phone everyones used them people dont sound the same in real life.So this takes it down to about 80 percent still good, However then we add in duress when people are scared panicked etc again there voice changes this brings odds of a positive id way down to less then 50 percent might as well toss a coin. If you ever heard a man scream when hes scared can sound just like a little girl.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

rules, who needs rules when you are a super hero defending your neighborhood against teenagers armed with skittles and iced tea!! i wonder if that was the state of mind that zim was in when he didnt listen to the 911 operator either.

top topics

<< 275  276  277    279  280  281 >>

join