It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive! First hand Witness: Trayvon Martin attacked Zimmerman Zimmerman Innocent Smoking Gun

page: 276
<< 273  274  275    277  278  279 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

George Zimmerman's attorney was still working Sunday to secure the money for bail and a safe place for the 28-year-old neighborhood watch volunteer to stay -- a process that may take days. But residents in Sanford, where Martin was killed, don't expect a ruckus once Zimmerman is released.

Read more: latino.foxnews.com...

He will be out of the slammer here in a few days
and boy, does HE DESERVE it. It is a shame went
innocent people sit in jail... The black mailing that
has been occuring is out right insane. If the mob
does not get what they want, they throw a baby fit
and start tearing and burning there hoods down and
surroundings... After he gets out here and cleared of all
charges can the treyvon martin family rest peacefully
justice has been done.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
JUST saw on the news that Zimmerman tutor's 2 black children.......

THAT is going to change everything.

People can accept those in their immediate circle - - - and still be prejudice.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
JUST saw on the news that Zimmerman tutor's 2 black children.......

THAT is going to change everything.

It will change nothing. In the real world, murderers don't jump out of the shadows screaming obscenities. They are usually average people who's neighbours, family and friends are surprised cold have committed such an act. Only in movies and extreme instances are they different. The Criminal Justice System will be aware of this.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender
Profiling has everything to do with actions and behavior not necessarily looks.

Very big misconception that profiling has to do with looks, racial profiling for instance is a misconception and is nothing more than Racial prejudice.

Get some life under your belts you will learn.
edit on 22-4-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

Profiling in the context it is used here, is nothing to do with actions and behaviour. It is everything to do with appearance. If Travin Martin was a75 year old white man walking with a cane, odd are very high he wouldn't have called the police. This applies to all of us, we profile on a daily basis based on appearance.

Racial Profiling is based on similar themes, it should be very obvious. Is racial prejudice involved? No more than ageism is involved when someone assume a group of young boys laughing outside a store are up to trouble.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Very big misconception that profiling has to do with looks, racial profiling for instance is a misconception and is nothing more than Racial prejudice.

Guess you better tell that to all the people in this thread that profiled Martin as a thug based on what they thought he was wearing in some fake pics WND posted.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
*** ATTENTION ***

The personal insults and attacks are done, as well as the off topic posts.

You will be post banned.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paschar0

Originally posted by conspiracy nut

hence the driving around the neighborhood slowly while following someone and talking on the phone. sounds just as weird as walking around the neighborhood on a rainy night with a hood up. what exactly was tray doing that made him suspicious? he wasnt on drugs since his drug test came back clean, i mean was he looking through windows of houses or what??

reply to post by conspiracy nut

I can't help but wonder how an ATS thread would read if a neighborhood watch person ignored an unknown young (insert race here) male in a largely (opposite race here) neighborhood and something terrible happened.

Would there be outrage as to why this person didn't do their "job" and simply follow this person to see what they were up to? or would he get an ataboy for letting something happen but remaining politically correct?

Some might argue that the safety of their families and neighbors outweigh the personal feelings of those that aren't a part of their community... I'm the first one to stand up for personal liberties, privacy and freedoms, but there is a line, and having the judgement to know where it is in any given situation is where so many go off the rails.

edit on 22-4-2012 by Paschar0 because: I can't type

Their 'Job' IS NOT to follow. Its to call the police. The clue is in the title; NeighbourhoodWATCH.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

We aren't talking about criminal profiling like profiling a serial killer so I disagree with you here.
It would be hard to profile Zimmerman in the manner the other poster is discussing. What do you think the profile he provided would suggest. A half hispanic man in a gated neighborhood with a shaved head and an SUV. I know that is a dumb question, but that is what he asked. The kind of profiling they are discussing is racial/cultural profiling. Not criminal profiling (ie serial killers wet their beds and torture animals).

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Excellent post from a gold member. The burden of proof is on prosecution so prove to us it wasn't in self defense. I guess you would prefer to live in a country where people were guilty until proven innocent? That is what you are suggesting with this post.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

He wasn't a kid. In 99 percent of the cultures of the world past and present he would be considered a man.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

He wasn't a kid. In 99 percent of the cultures of the world past and present he would be considered a man.

Its the law and culture that he is currently in that counts, obviously. In american culture he is not an adult. Therefore he is a child.

Also, you are very wrong about your 99 percent. Its nowhere near that indeed, its likely that its a minority if you include america, china and Europe. Indeed, the adult age in many countries used to be 21 and in some places still is.
edit on 22-4-2012 by spacedog1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

Here are you ignoring the fact that he was in a gated community where people knew him. They would look out and say "Oh there is the neighborhood watch guy, watching the neighborhood!"

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedog1973

So if he had murdered Zimmerman would he not have been charged as an adult?
Nowhere in American culture does anyone consider a 17 year old a "child."

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

So if he had murdered Zimmerman would he not have been charged as an adult?
Nowhere in American culture does anyone consider a 17 year old a "child."

Culture and law are different. He is a child by law, therefore is a child.
Just to add, I don't know about how the law is prosecuted in the US, but in Europe, there are different tarriffs for non adults for similar sentences. I understand that the US has a critisied practice internationally, for prosecuting children as adults. What you should know is that this is not automatic, the default sentencing for non adults is different.
edit on 22-4-2012 by spacedog1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Well than how on earth are they charging 17 year olds as adults in a court of law?
He is not a child, he is not a child by law. He is a minor sure, but not a child. He knows right from wrong he is the size of an adult and can make adult decisions.

Zimmerman made dumb decisions, but so did Martin. I can show a million cases of 17 year olds killing people much older than them. When Martin was beating up Zimmerman he justified Zimmerman in protecting his own life. Sorry I guess I don't feel that an older person should just lay down their life because the person that is potentially going to take it is younger. Maybe you are self righteous enough that in the moments you are going to reach for your gun you think "No, he's 17 i'll surrender my life and hope the consequences of his actions are learning experiences for him later in life." Sorry your argument is pointless.

The point is moot. You have no argument. Your argument is ridiculous. If a minor is beating you to death, surrender your life because they are a child and don't know any better. Get real.
edit on 22-4-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 273  274  275    277  278  279 >>

join