It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive! First hand Witness: Trayvon Martin attacked Zimmerman Zimmerman Innocent Smoking Gun

page: 249
<< 246  247  248    250  251  252 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

No. A Grand Jury would have been used for an indictment if the State wanted to use them. They obviously felt they had enough evidence to charge. Manslaughter is a lesser included charge of 2nd degree murder and the jury can convict him on that.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender
reply to post by Classified Info

wouldnt that be a stipulation of the Grand jury ? which didnt happen?

No. It never went to the grand jury.

Every expert that I have seen, former prosecutors and defense attorneys, are all in a agreement that the jury while not finding him guilty of 2,nd degree can back with a manslaughter conviction. They have that option in Florida.

I am not sure about this but they would not have that option if he was charged with 1'st degree murder, in that case it would be all or nothing.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Originally posted by LErickson
reply to post by popsmayhem

Yeah I am still waiting on some sources and some answers from you myself.
Got them yet? Otherwise you are just still rambling crap that I am not going to read.

All the witnesses line up with zimmerman story

Not one witness saw who attacked who but Zimmerman claims he was attacked.

I am not even sure you understand where you are failing.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

reply to post by TinkerHaus

I woulda walked away from Martin had he said he lived around the corner.

Why would you have been armed, following Martin, and questioning him about anything at all in the first place?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LErickson

write a book, a best seller about your fiction.

ETA: I would have been logged into ATS and arguing with you about other nonsense I am sure but see, its ridiculous to assume positions that are Fictitious

when you assume it makes WHAT out of WHO see, there you go
edit on 17-4-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Classified Info

it is very interesting that this article from an Ebony Magazine writer is the only article I can find with my search engine that states that it is possible to reach other verdict lessor than a second degree charge.

Zimmerman faces life in prison if convicted. “With use of a firearm a conviction for this offense has a 25 year mandatory minimum sentence,” said Bernstein. Angela Corey had options in terms of what she could charge George Zimmerman with including less serious charges. Bernstein says, “The prosecutor could have gone with aggravated manslaughter: essentially a killing without malice or premeditation of someone under 18 years old. That also carries a steep punishment or the traditional involuntary or voluntary manslaughter.” It is also possible that lesser included offenses like manslaughter are options once the case goes to the jury.

Nobody else that has been very critical to Z. has speculated that a lessor charge reached by verdict. It is more likely Z. cop to a lessor charge and never go to trial.

I am not diligent to say Z is innocent as the OP and the OP knows my position. I have all along quailed emotion and have not jumped that Z is guilty.
Shoulda-coulda-might-maybe are not words associated with our justice system here in the United States.
Many people facing charges of murder do to drunk driving end with convictions of lessor charges but look at famous cases like OJ Simpson, Robert Blake .Phil Spector..these guys walked. I dont want to say shoulda woulda coulda, as its not reality, Lastly I cannot try anybody in my head, especially absent of facts which I think is the case of even The Prosecutor here with Z

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

i have no zeal to hang the man, my zeal is for justice. we as a society cannot let civilians run around playing cops and robbers following people that are not committing a crime. i mean can a cop even do that without a warrant? can a cop follow a suspicious person around without witnessing a crime and for how long can they follow them for? in my opinion that is called HARASSMENT!! we should not let a person walk away from killing someone without a full and proper investigation, how did they do a full and proper investigation in less then 24 hours and let the guy go home???????????? trayvons parents deserve answers.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Wow, 250 pages, and this has been going on in the news 24-7. This is just a distraction too keep us fighting amongst ourselves while we lose our jobs as they are outsourced and we are preparing for another conflict. Guys I urge you to forget about this case, drop it!

We need to focus on the REAL issues

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

i have no zeal to hang the man, my zeal is for justice. we as a society cannot let civilians run around playing cops and robbers following people that are not committing a crime. i mean can a cop even do that without a warrant? can a cop follow a suspicious person around without witnessing a crime and for how long can they follow them for? in my opinion that is called HARASSMENT!! we should not let a person walk away from killing someone without a full and proper investigation, how did they do a full and proper investigation in less then 24 hours and let the guy go home???????????? trayvons parents deserve answers.

we can't have citizens screaming "Hang him" either now can we.

Ask any 3 letter agency about profiling.
Unfortunately now even little old ladies and children are suspects of Terror in our Airports.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

did popsmayhem beat you out of a killer thread
no pun intended
ETA:
since when is Loss of Life not s serious issue?
Since when is Lynch Mob Justice not relevant?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

just because it happens dont make it right!! also in my first sentence i said i have no desire to hang the man. if there were a charge for stupidity i would sentence him to 3-5 years just with the evidence i know about.

lets put it like this, if this case ends up with him walking yet he got off under suspicious circumstances ala casey anthony, oj, michael jackson, phil spector, the lapd etc etc will you be outraged? or will you feel that justice was served? if he gets off under evidence that totally proves his innocence i will eat my hate and admit i was wrong for jumping the gun. right now as all the "facts" stand, i am very glad they decided to make a full and proper investigation.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

thats why Justice's are elected officials and not appointed

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

"Justice" is served, the moment a case is decided. Wether it went the way you want it to go or not, "justice" was served. Plenty of people go to jail innocently, guilty people get off. Still, "justice" was served.

I hope you never have to go before the court on any serious charges, you will see what "justice" is. Look at how much it costs to hire a defense lawyer, to stay out of jail costs big bucks. "Justice" is a joke, but until we change it, I guess we will have to deal with it.

I love how people are still harping on about Ms. Anthony, she went to the chopping block, stood in front of a jury of her peers and was found not guilty. Get over it.
edit on 17-4-2012 by cyb3rR3v0luti0nary because: ugh cannot type today.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Wow, 250 pages, and this has been going on in the news 24-7. This is just a distraction too keep us fighting amongst ourselves while we lose our jobs as they are outsourced and we are preparing for another conflict. Guys I urge you to forget about this case, drop it!

We need to focus on the REAL issues

Treyvon was the only one that knew trayvon had no gun,
so if zimmerman knew he himself had a gun, but did not know if treyvon did or not
why would zimmerman start a fist fight knowing if he throws a fist the other guy
might shoot him? He wouldn't. Treyvon not thinking, let his emotions get the best
of him and he started a fist fight. Had treyvon REALLY felt
threatened by zimmerman, he would of ran when his G/F told him too, he sized zimmerman
up, and thought he could take him in a fist fight. Zimmerman would of never caught up with
treyvon had treyvon not wanted him too...

Zimmerman knew what street he was down,
but he did not know what street TREYVON went down.
Well, why would a man who has a gun
that was on the phone with 911
waiting for police to get there
start a fist fight with a guy he did not know
was armed or not? He wouldn't, most law abiding people smart
enough to conceal and carry is smart enough

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

reply to post by LErickson

write a book, a best seller about your fiction.

ETA: I would have been logged into ATS and arguing with you about other nonsense I am sure but see, its ridiculous to assume positions that are Fictitious

when you assume it makes WHAT out of WHO see, there you go

What fiction is that?
You said you would have turned around if Martin told you where he lived.
Why would he tell you where he lived unless you were playing Zimmerman who was armed and following him and in your scenario questioning him?
I am responding to your fiction but I guess it was not that far thought through.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyb3rR3v0luti0nary

"Justice" is served, the moment a case is decided. Wether it went the way you want it to go or not, "justice" was served. Plenty of people go to jail innocently, guilty people get off. Still, "justice" was served.

I hope you never have to go before the court on any serious charges, you will see what "justice" is. Look at how much it costs to hire a defense lawyer, to stay out of jail costs big bucks. "Justice" is a joke, but until we change it, I guess we will have to deal with it.

I love how people are still harping on about Ms. Anthony, she went to the chopping block, stood in front of a jury of her peers and was found not guilty. Get over it.
edit on 17-4-2012 by cyb3rR3v0luti0nary because: ugh cannot type today.

how was justice served? seems you are ok with bad decisions. one of the great things about this country is that we can express our opinions about these sort of things. the problem is when people can weasel their ways through charges because of technicalities. if zimmerman gets off on a technicality, i will not get over it, i will continue to voice my opinion. people like you will get over it.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut

how was justice served? seems you are ok with bad decisions. one of the great things about this country is that we can express our opinions about these sort of things. the problem is when people can weasel their ways through charges because of technicalities. if zimmerman gets off on a technicality, i will not get over it, i will continue to voice my opinion. people like you will get over it.

People want to put zimmerman on trial without
evidence so.
Lets start putting the real terrorist
on trial then. The muslim terrorists in
this country, the ones we know are terrorist,
but can't quite prove it.
damn them they have to come up with real evidence to
do anything with them. Then you go down a slippery
slope.
Lets start putting our weird neighbor on trial because
someone saw them posting on ATS.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:42 PM