It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive! First hand Witness: Trayvon Martin attacked Zimmerman Zimmerman Innocent Smoking Gun

page: 227
<< 224  225  226    228  229  230 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedog1973

can you please post the date of this article for me?

LINK

Racial harassment cases rise sharply

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender
so is this a Florida People dont take their Gun Carry Rights seriously and Arizona People are special and more inept to life and death so as to put an almost Super-Human Superiority spin on it.

PULLLEEEEZE

I don't want to respond to your post with the same sarcasm and ugliness so I won't.

We all have the right to defend ourselves. I carry different forms of protection to deal with different types of threats. I have half a lung missing and can't fight or run like I could when I was 30.

If I was threatened my first thought would be to withdraw from the encounter, It's the mature way to deal with these things....however if the person was reaching for a sidearm, club, bat, pipe I would draw my own sidearm. If I was being provoked into a fight with no way out I would use my pepper spray....etc.

I can't pass judgement on what happened in Florida because I don't know all the facts. If the innocent armed man was in a tussle on the ground and the attacker was attempting to obtain his sidearm I would consider that a direct threat to my life and protect myself appropriately by using deadly force.

I love my Arizona rights to carry openly, concealed without permit..the ability to carry any type of knife including automatics and large edged weapons. I feel it's a right everyone in the states should have.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
bullies have really had their impact on the people in this country.

now people think its ok to kill someone who may have beat you up.

what are you so paranoid of? are you going to mace someone, then stab them, and then finish them off with a headshot?

rrrrr NO.....

Please don't try to sensationalize my post.

Read the one above....

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkipperJohn
reply to post by spacedog1973

can you please post the date of this article for me?

LINK

Do you actually read your own messages? Let me remind you;

Originally posted by SkipperJohn
It is kind of funny that in 2008 race became an issue and now in 2012 race has became an issue

This is nothing to do with your link, nor with your

revisionist quote.

Just to help you again. Rise, is not the same as 'became'. Lets see if you have the wherewithal to admit that.

It further puts a ridiculous spin on facts. Thats the problem with people who can't even go one sentence without misrepresenting facts and running away with them.

Just to add, why do you think there has been a RISE in racial harrasment cases in those two periods?
edit on 10-4-2012 by spacedog1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

bullies have really had their impact on the people in this country.

now people think its ok to kill someone who may have beat you up.

what are you so paranoid of? are you going to mace someone, then stab them, and then finish them off with a headshot?

rrrrr NO.....

Please don't try to sensationalize my post.

Read the one above....

ive been considering getting a carry permit in iowa because i always with my daughter and nieces and you just never know what could happen with so many insane people in america.

ive had a shot gun shot over my head and had a guy in a ski mask point a 9mm inches from my face. also a very dear friend of mine was shot in the face and killed 6 years ago so gun violence is nothing alien to me.

on the other hand sometimes it just seems like people are hoping for a reason to shoot someone. that isnt the right attitude to have when you can take another persons life. im not saying this towards you, just people i know.

i respect you for your reply. i wasnt trying to bait you into an arguement and i think my comment might have led to that with some people.

i just dont understand why you have to carry so many weapons.

if i had a gun the night i was robbed and had a 9mm with laser sight in my face, i would probably be dead, in prison, or poor from a lawsuit right now. best case scenario i would be living with the guilt of killing another man.
edit on 10-4-2012 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

if i had a gun the night i was robbed and had a 9mm with laser sight in my face, i would probably be dead, in prison, or poor from a lawsuit right now. best case scenario i would be living with the guilt of killing another man.

Never carry a gun unless you are willing to use it. It's not a toy to be macho.

Guilt is a self imposed emotion - - - if you can't justify within yourself killing someone - - - don't carry a gun.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Thanks for the kind and thoughtful response. I'm so sorry you had those experiences. I have been fortunate not to have been in or experienced those things.

I have always been able to hold my own when it comes to physical violent exchanges. I have been a top level boxer starting from the age of five....I'm 41 now and life has thrown me many physical issues. I can't protect myself like I used to and that prompted me to look into items that would allow me some form of comfort in that area.

I didn't wan't just a gun as my only for of defense because it could be inappropriate or escalate the confrontation.....so I got fox FOX pepper spray.

As for the knife thing I get that from my grandfather 91 in 3 days. I have fond memories of Christmas sitting around the tree handing packaged presents to my grandfather because he was the only one with a knife. That long lost memory inspired me to become a knife guy. I have many for daily use usually over 3.5 inches for their ability to handle any cutting job including food prep. I collect knives and only buy the best but the last thing I want is to be in a knife fight....nobody wins....

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
George Zimmermans former lawyer doesn't even know his former clients name. In his press conference today he said 'George Martin' twice.

Maybe that is why you should meet with your clients face to face.

Correction....3 times....but he did finally catch himself on the third.....goodness. lol
edit on 10-4-2012 by pizzanazi75 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2012 by pizzanazi75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidWillts
reply to post by LErickson

It is not working in court.

It IS working because it is not going to court.

I do not think you understood what "it" is if you think lies Pops is telling in this thread has prevented this from going to court.

Who said it is not going to court?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by pizzanazi75
George Zimmermans former lawyer doesn't even know his former clients name. In his press conference today he said 'George Martin' twice.

Maybe that is why you should meet with your clients face to face.

Correction....3 times....but he did finally catch himself on the third.....goodness. lol

Sounds like they really cared.

Maybe Zimmerman was right to call the special prosecutor direct.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidWillts
Im glad to see that no charges were pressed and that Justice was rightfully carried out.

Oh yeah?
When did that decision happen?
The SP is still deciding.
Are you in the future?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Never carry a gun unless you are willing to use it. It's not a toy to be macho.

Guilt is a self imposed emotion - - - if you can't justify within yourself killing someone - - - don't carry a gun.

i could totally justify killing someone but you arent human if you dont feel a sort of remorse for taking anothers life.
no matter how evil the person may be. everyone is some mothers child.

ive been in zero fights my whole life , im not the kind of person who has to feel macho.

i will protect my child in this crazy world and only reason i would consider getting a carry permit. the problem with society is people thing they can impose their will on others. i will control my own fate as much as i can and if the situation called for use of a weapon, then i would have no problem with it.

you would be surprised to hear that people i know consider me to be the most liberal person they know. even so i believe in my second amendment rights.
edit on 10-4-2012 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Opinion: There is just something wrong with Zimmerman.

His elevator does not go all the way to the top.

Something is just not right.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by cdesigns

Originally posted by popsmayhem
He should of never attacked zimmerman
if treyvon never attacked zimmerman
then zimmerman would of had no right
to shoot him. The fact is per say the eye witness
they DID see treyvon attack zimmerman..which is not hearsay
THEY SAW it happen

Trayvon defenders are still hook on his 13 year old picture, they still can believe that little boy could attack someone, GUESS WHAT PEOPLE Trayvon's behavior prior he even been in Sandford FL was a behavior of a thug, bully and starting criminal. He got what ANY White, Black, Hispanic, Chinese thug was looking for........ 6 feet under

None of that applies to me but if it did then your same logic would mean that Zimmerman defenders are still hooked on his orange jumpsuit photo and still cannot believe this guy could shoot someone that did not deserve it.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

i could totally justify killing someone but you arent human if you dont feel a sort of remorse for taking anothers life.
no matter how evil the person may be. everyone is some mothers child.

I said "justify within yourself".

Very few people are born without a conscience.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Thanks for the kind and thoughtful response. I'm so sorry you had those experiences. I have been fortunate not to have been in or experienced those things.

I have always been able to hold my own when it comes to physical violent exchanges. I have been a top level boxer starting from the age of five....I'm 41 now and life has thrown me many physical issues. I can't protect myself like I used to and that prompted me to look into items that would allow me some form of comfort in that area.

I didn't wan't just a gun as my only for of defense because it could be inappropriate or escalate the confrontation.....so I got fox FOX pepper spray.

As for the knife thing I get that from my grandfather 91 in 3 days. I have fond memories of Christmas sitting around the tree handing packaged presents to my grandfather because he was the only one with a knife. That long lost memory inspired me to become a knife guy. I have many for daily use usually over 3.5 inches for their ability to handle any cutting job including food prep. I collect knives and only buy the best but the last thing I want is to be in a knife fight....nobody wins....

i understand now why you carry what you do and i dont question it. the problem with weapons is they can be thought of as a way to control the situation when they could actually escalate it to a point you didnt want to take it. kinda like this zimmerman case. if he didnt have a gun that night and just mace, the outcome would be very different.

i love the story about your grandfather, mine both passed away before i was 5. wish i had a grandpa story to tell. i hope he has a wonderful birthday. my brothers birthday is also in 3 days.

cheers!

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Hey guys, I watched hannity tonight, anyone else watch it?, quick question..did you guys see the news reporter he was talking to, she had blonde hair?, she said something that caught my attention, she said she spoke to GZ the day after the shooting but I thought that it took a while to even report the death to Trayvon's family?, did it make local news before the family was notified or did she mess up on her dates.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by hapablab
Hey guys, I watched hannity tonight, anyone else watch it?, quick question..did you guys see the news reporter he was talking to, she had blonde hair?, she said something that caught my attention, she said she spoke to GZ the day after the shooting but I thought that it took a while to even report the death to Trayvon's family?, did it make local news before the family was notified or did she mess up on her dates.

I think she may have messed up on dates....I heard in one of the news reports the next day that they said the shooter still wasn't identified, meaning they hadn't released his name yet......but with this case, really, who knows anymore?

Not to mention, Hannity himself talked to Zimmerman today.........thats what he said on his radio show.
edit on 11-4-2012 by pizzanazi75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by pizzanazi75

Thanks for the reply to that, I was wondering when she said that because she also stuttered like maybe she said too much, it was a little odd, but like you said I really do not believe anything the media says about this case anymore, or anything else for that matter now.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender
so is this a Florida People dont take their Gun Carry Rights seriously and Arizona People are special and more inept to life and death so as to put an almost Super-Human Superiority spin on it.

PULLLEEEEZE

I don't want to respond to your post with the same sarcasm and ugliness so I won't.

We all have the right to defend ourselves. I carry different forms of protection to deal with different types of threats. I have half a lung missing and can't fight or run like I could when I was 30.

If I was threatened my first thought would be to withdraw from the encounter, It's the mature way to deal with these things....however if the person was reaching for a sidearm, club, bat, pipe I would draw my own sidearm. If I was being provoked into a fight with no way out I would use my pepper spray....etc.

I can't pass judgement on what happened in Florida because I don't know all the facts. If the innocent armed man was in a tussle on the ground and the attacker was attempting to obtain his sidearm I would consider that a direct threat to my life and protect myself appropriately by using deadly force.

I love my Arizona rights to carry openly, concealed without permit..the ability to carry any type of knife including automatics and large edged weapons. I feel it's a right everyone in the states should have.

Seriously you neither have to qualify your statement nor prove your self on this forum. I was a commander of relief of an Entry Control Point of a Patriot Missile Battery in the Persian Gulf. I know Rules of Engagement in my sleep. I KNOW what you just said and why you just said it. I was good at my job to know and sense like a 6th sense who what what where and when. Its what I was born to do. I did it well. I loved it.
It was the comment by the other poster to insinuate that Arizona residents can be trusted with care of weapons more than Florida residents that got me.I lived in So.Fla. from 1979 to 1983. I know about thugs walking up to a car 3rd back in traffic and 6 cars behind and pull their shirt off of a pistol in their belt line and tap on your window and motion to role it down. This is in part why Florida adopted gun carry laws.. Most people have never had this sort of thing happen to them and never will.
Most people will never experience what Zimmerman experienced and will never have to live with the consequences of his decision that no mater how he looks at it he Killed an Man.
People on this forum choose to argue this and that and NEVER will have or will have felt that feeling as long as they live, YET they think they have an OPINION.

wrong, they dont, God willing they wont and I hope they never will

top topics

<< 224  225  226    228  229  230 >>

join