It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive! First hand Witness: Trayvon Martin attacked Zimmerman Zimmerman Innocent Smoking Gun

page: 134
<< 131  132  133    135  136  137 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by rom12345
reply to post by spacedog1973

My position is that this has nothing to do with racism, yet the hype is all about racism.
I do criticize the 'black community' for making it about race.
My criticism however is not racist in it's intent.

Your critism has no focus, just a nebulous 'black community'. Does this include every single black person? Black people who support Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson, or these people individually? Or out of the mix of people that want Zimmerman to be arrested, is it just the black people that you pick out from this group?

Are you under the impression that there is a 'black community'? Is there a 'white community'? Does that include ALL whites? Or just the whites that support Zimmerman in this?

Do you see how your viewpoint and way of seeing the world is simplistic? I take exception to your comment, no doubt, you think you represent the 'white community' and speak for every white face, just as Al Sharpton in your worldview, speak for every black face.

edit on 1-4-2012 by spacedog1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

]i dont feel trayvon was followed because of his race i believe he was followed because of his perceived "thuggishness". its a damn shame that someone could be profiled as a criminal because of the way they dress.

I saw a youtube video yesterday, that focuses on that exact point. 'Thuggishness' for white people is seen a 'cool', for black people, its seen as 'frightening' Here Its an interesting watch and poignant

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Look, I believe in justice. This case is clearly about a lynch mob.
It really seems to me that those who are trying to lynch Zimmerman are doing so along racial lines.
If you are offended by the word black, I truly do apologize.

Without the racial issues, this case it pretty standard.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedog1973

Originally posted by Deranged74
reply to post by rom12345

We have a man shot who was unarmed, it should be Zimmermans duty to prove it was self defense!!! The person he shot can not prove Zimmerman was not justified. So Zim needs to prove he was. He is the one who shot and killed a unarmed teenager, therefore that person has no voice.

If someone steps on my lawn outside now and i got shoot them i need to justify to cops why i felt i needed to shoot them.
edit on 1-4-2012 by Deranged74 because: (no reason given)

Thats correct. The burden of proof is not on the victim in self defence cases.

Holy smokes this is why America is dying... You people just make it up as you go... Sigh! The burden of proof is on the accuser not the accused. INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY! If they indict Zimmerman The prosecution must prove him guilty he has no obligation to prove himself innocent and the evidence and witnesses all corroborate that Zimmerman acted in self defense. THIS IS WHY HE HAS NOT BEEN CHARGED YET! If he is charged at this point it will only be because of political pressure not because there is any evidence with which to charge him.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Look, I believe in justice. This case is clearly about a lynch mob.
It really seems to me that those who are trying to lynch Zimmerman are doing so along racial lines.
If you are offended by the word black, I truly do apologize.

Without the racial issues, this case it pretty standard.

Its not the word black, its castigating a whole people that I have a problem with. No one is blaming white people. If anyone is blaming race, its to do with, racial profiling (Seeing a black teen with a hoodie up and making preconceptions about him, based on racial prejudices which would not be applied in the same way if the same young man was black) here black people, understand how this works generally, because they experience it on a daily basis, from being followed around a grocery store by security, to being stopped by police disproportionally.

Its natural to question whether this was used here and there is some evidence to suggest Zimmerman used racial profiling in this instance which affected his subsequent judgement and actions.

In relation to the police actions following the killing. I think most people accept that they didn't do a good job, regardless of whom you think was in the right. The question people raise is what their motivation was for doing such a poor job. Thats not targeting white people, its targeting a culture within various police forces which have been demonstrated time and time again to be institutionally racist. Its ok to query their motivations. It may very well be true once the investigation is completed.

I just don't see why you think it is targeting you personally or the white community.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

HOLY BATMAN!! why why why did the lead investigator want to charge him? Why did the lead investigator feel he was lying?

DO you think the lead investigator is a idiot who didnt know he did not have enough to charge him on? OR do you think someones daddy pulled strings and the lead investigator who was gonna charge him was told not to pursue it..

1+1 = 2

Its fishy.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Cause all the facts i have seen leads to probable cause. .No video, photos or medical records of injurys, the voice sounds like a kid regardless of analysis, charges wanting to be bought up by lead investigator who said he did not believe Zimmermans story etc etc

All the facts I see point me to him being guilty of something.

How are we seeing completely different facts?

I'm with you. I get the - "Just the facts, ma'am".

But - we have a child who was followed in the dark by a strange man in a SUV - - big enough to throw a body in - - a man with a gun.

I don't care if he was 17 - - he was still a minor - - minding his own business walking "home".

What is going on in people's minds that say - - this scared kid - - should have stayed calm and just walked away - - or talked to this strange man. Scared = Adrenaline - - - Anyone? Where's the reality here?

Zimmerman created a situation that never had to be - - - and was directly responsible for this kids death.

edit on 1-4-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Oh look.. another three pages go by without Pops answering my questions. I guess you walk the world with blinders on don't you pops.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I have had a black girl fiend recently and she also practices racial profiling when it comes to gangster type culture.

This case is clearly about racial profiling, on both sides, not much more.

edit on 1-4-2012 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

reply to post by rom12345

We have a man shot who was unarmed, it should be Zimmermans duty to prove it was self defense!!! The person he shot can not prove Zimmerman was not justified. So Zim needs to prove he was. He is the one who shot and killed a unarmed teenager, therefore that person has no voice.

If someone steps on my lawn outside now and i got shoot them i need to justify to cops why i felt i needed to shoot them.
edit on 1-4-2012 by Deranged74 because: (no reason given)

Thats correct. The burden of proof is not on the victim in self defence cases.

Holy smokes this is why America is dying... You people just make it up as you go... Sigh! The burden of proof is on the accuser not the accused. INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY! If they indict Zimmerman The prosecution must prove him guilty he has no obligation to prove himself innocent and the evidence and witnesses all corroborate that Zimmerman acted in self defense. THIS IS WHY HE HAS NOT BEEN CHARGED YET! If he is charged at this point it will only be because of political pressure not because there is any evidence with which to charge him.

Its a technicality as the prosecution will present their case and the defence will present theirs. Defence will need to show that the force was within the law.

you may choose to testify or otherwise actively present evidence that you acted in self-defense, or the court will instruct the jury on its own motion (legally known as "sua sponte") if the evidence supports the fact that your acts were performed in self-defense4. The three most important facts that must be proven under California self-defense law are: that the danger or threat was imminent, that you reasonably believed you would be harmed, and that you reasonably responded to that danger.

how do i prove i acted in self defense?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I have had a black girl fiend recently and she also practices racial profiling when it comes to gangster type culture.

Ok so your black girlfriend represents who, beside herself?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

She represents a racial unbiased judgement call.

I will presume by associating an ethnic preference to gangster attire and attitudes, with danger.
edit on 1-4-2012 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

She represents a racial unbiased judgment call? What?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Whereas SPD represent their community, Policing happens through consent. Thats why SPD are answerable to the public and your ex gf isn't.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
If there is evidence you did not act in self defense
is the only way you can be charged..
The eye witnesses, zimmermans story, it was
all checked out, and there was not enough
evidence that he did not act in self defense
so no charges were brought.
Then AL and the media jumps on
this because they know they can use
it for there advantage, have the MSM
spin the story around, sling so much crap
get people in a uproar and this is where we are

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

reply to post by hawkiye

HOLY BATMAN!! why why why did the lead investigator want to charge him? Why did the lead investigator feel he was lying?

DO you think the lead investigator is a idiot who didnt know he did not have enough to charge him on? OR do you think someones daddy pulled strings and the lead investigator who was gonna charge him was told not to pursue it..

1+1 = 2

Its fishy.

Might be fishy, but you can't PROVE THAT

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
If there is evidence you did not act in self defense
is the only way you can be charged..

True. But the prosecution will present evidence that you didn't. if you can't prove that you acted in self defense you are on a losing wicket. So going to court on a self defense case without a defense is a quick way to lose, which is why i said it was a technicality.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Technically unless he is indicted there will be no defense needed.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Indicting him now is not justice
it is injustice with the MSM media spin
the lies
AL AND JACK on the case
OBAMA, biden the whole lot of them
This guy can never get a FAIR TRIAL NOW
and that is not justice at all

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Well, i think without a charge, this will go on and on. Zimmerman will always be seen as guilty without having his chance to present his evidence in a court of law for everyone to see.

new topics

top topics

<< 131  132  133    135  136  137 >>

join