It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.1 Quake Rocks Central Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Iam posting information about this seismic event due to it being one of the biggest quakes to happen in Australia. The biggest Earthquake recorded in Australia was in 1997 when a 6.3 struck near Collier Bay on the North Coast. This seems to concur the validity of the 188 day cycle.news.ninemsn.com.au...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
USGS has it at 5.6... and it happened quite a while ago,

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
RSOE EDIS also has it at 5.6 mag but with a pretty shallow depth...only 2 km!
It struck in the morning of the 23rd march 2012.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
There was a thread started on this EQ this morning.

Des

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Ok sorry, I didnt realize there was a thread started already. Iam not sure why MSM would overstate the severity of the Quake. Here is a view of it from the Seismic Monitor.www.iris.edu...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by iunlimited491

This morning wasn't "a while ago" (unless you're counting hours instead of days) and Australia news in the link provided states it was a 6.1.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

interesting haarp footage,.,.,

from a few days ago - before the aussie quake!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Australia does not have any major fault lines through it. Yes there have been earthquakes in the past but almost non in the 6+ category.

Australian is reknowned as a seismalogically stable continent/land mass.

I would almost go as far to speculate that this is some sort of weapons test as the area is very close to the Maralinga (i think thats the name) missile testing range.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Well one thing I did notice, is this almost allignment outside. Two stars, one big and beautiful, which I assume is Venus, with a smaller one almost directly under it. Its kind of unusual to see. Maybe they are right about an allignment, however, I still think these things are being seized upon and made to happen.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Doesn't this make four earthquakes over 4 magnitude in the last few days? The theory may be true.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
This Earthquake near Exmouth, right near the joint US base Harold E. Holt Communications base is rather unusual for Australia as well. www.news.com.au... is a HAARP facility in Exmouth at the base. Hilary Clinton was at the base last year.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Interesting that the quake was only about 300km south of this place:

That's the US installation of Pine Gap.

...just sayin'

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
i bet its just North Korea knocking on their door...... muwhahaha....

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Funk bunyip
Interesting that the quake was only about 300km south of this place:

That's the US installation of Pine Gap.

...just sayin'
Pine Gap base where ECHELEON is based is in Central Australia. Exmouth is North West of Pine Gap.www.rajon.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by omega man

erm yeah.. but in your OP the link was talking about a quake at Ernabella in SA.. which is about 300km south of Pine Gap

Iam posting information about this seismic event due to it being one of the biggest quakes to happen in Australia. The biggest Earthquake recorded in Australia was in 1997 when a 6.3 struck near Collier Bay on the North Coast. This seems to concur the validity of the 188 day cycle.news.ninemsn.com.au...

from your link:

The 6.1 earthquake struck near Ernabella, in South Australia's far north, just before 8.30pm (CDT) on Friday.

I'm a South Australian by the way ;-)
edit on 28-3-2012 by Funk bunyip because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join