It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service probes comment about Obama in Louisiana

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins

Originally posted by type0civ
reply to post by cerebralassassins

or have some ill concept of what freedom of speech is.

School me on what it actually is.

Now that's cool, but i would rather not school you as i am not qualified to travel down that road but i am sure those who are qualified would gladly offer their services for further education. In closing, you and myself who are simply posting does fall under the freedom of speech or within the parameters of such a term. Now we could drag this topic on for hundreds of pages and we both know what is and what isn't freedom of speech so i guess we both agree to disagree and disagree to agree.

p.s. you might be surprised as to what lengths i go to enforce what you assume or may not assume what and how i support such terms as freedom of speech or freedom of information.

Then why start this thread?? And your post script makes no sense to me.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by type0civ

I started this thread to point out the obvious lack on intelligence that is in abundance and am seeing more and more of. Someone say's the same thing about me, not that i am anyone special, but boy o boy.....

I may be small but i carry big stick.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

reply to post by type0civ

I started this thread to point out the obvious lack on intelligence that is in abundance and am seeing more and more of. Someone say's the same thing about me, not that i am anyone special, but boy o boy.....

I may be small but i carry big stick.

"obvious lack OF intelligence" ..."boy OH boy" ..."I carry" ..."not that I am"...

...funny when people speak about other people's lack of intelligence, and can't spell or use proper punctuation.
edit on 26-3-2012 by AutOmatIc because: more

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

Its okay, i dont mind being called or named anything, or i could have used a spell checker but that to doesn't bother me. What i am bothered is when a person says

" pretend its ..... ' now yeah..that's what i call someone being " pro life " right ?

and when the home is suddenly raided for whatever reason that same person or similar begin advocating suppression of freedom of speech. At somepoint, cerebral activity will prevail, well its what i hope for, but given how easily one can tune the crowd into a frenzy i wouldn't expect a major breakthrough anytime soon as it doesn't server anyone. But sure, feel free to pick as much as you like and how often you like, i am immuned and have gone up against the very best across continents.

So how about you voice your opinion if what the lady states is within logic ? , rather than concentrating on a person whom you have no idea about. But given i opened the thread i guess i am the target here and that does turn me on.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

It's cool. Just be careful when you call people out that your proverbial ducks are in a row mate

Anyways, I believe it's ridiculous to the point of insanity just how far the "SS" goes when investigating comments by the general public. Sure it is their job to make sure the president stays safe, but they go too far. Peace and good luck with the thread!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

That's right, its their job and we simply do not know who's about to go over the edge, so im my opinion they did right by me.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I think the lady should absolutely be investigated.

She has demonstrated that she has thought about shooting the President.

Same idea of someone saying "bomb" in an airport...it requires an investigation even if it ends up being nothing.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

This does not even need to be a news item. Nothing wrong with what she said. The intent of the first amendment was to protect offensive speech which is why she said it without fear even though g men will knock on her door to scare her and the rest of us into thinking like you and the guy above who thinks saying the word bomb in an airport is dangerous. You two are part of the problem in this country today.

Tell me your views on the tsa detaining the girl with an embroidered pistol on her purse. Made us safer right?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Dare not wish dear leader harm...

Then again, she never specified the "it".. that scrotum guy could have taken it many ways. Assuming he knows the meaning of "it".. as we all know, if it depends on what the meaning of "is", "is"..lol.. certainly, it depends on what "it" is..

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I have no idea what you all believe or who you believe in the upcoming election but this sh!t is getting out of hand. People making remarks like this at particular functions knowing all to well that security is beefed up and ears are all stretched out, is simply asking to be dragged away and questioned.

Why on earth would anyone voice such a threat let alone a threat towards the President is beyond me. In my opinion she should have been dragged by her hair to gtmo and held indefinitely. I wonder how she or anyone would feel if a gang parked outside her home and shouted the same thing " hey b*tch, we know who you are..! click click ! , > Anyone care to guess how long it would have taken her to dial 911 to have the gangs arrested and investigated ?

Stupid people are either genetically stupid or have some ill concept of what freedom of speech is.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

The answer is simple. Redneck racist idiots seem to think that the majority of Americans think like they do and there will be no negative reactions. They think having a black man in the White House is seriously a problem for the country and they feel by saying such things that they deserve a reward! That is the mindset of the mentally crippled redneck. Howw can they be wrong when they were raised this way and have thought this way their entire life? Everyone they associate with thinks like this. What's the problem? Rick Santorum doesn't want to lynch Obama? I'm speechless.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join