It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man arrested for pointing finger at officers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ugahm

Even if he was make a gun with his fingers at the cop is it even against the law.

It all depends on the context. If a cop is playing with a group of kids, probably not. If a grown up says, "screw you pigs, let me see you out of uniform" then does it, yeah.

Context is king in a lot of these situations.

ETA:
The two detectives had just testified against his son. While they were testifying he had to be told by a lawyer to be quiet because he called the cops liars. Then, he was overheard threatening the police outside of the courthouse.

Yeah, I would say, in this context an arrest was justifiable. Depending on the level of real threat this guy poses the charges may get reduced or dropped.
edit on 25-3-2012 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pseudonaut

Originally posted by butcherguy
I have flipped cops off. They did not arrest me.

I have refused to put my seat belt on at roadside checkpoints multiple times. They did not arrest me. I used to wear seat belts religiously before they passed a law requiring me to do so, now I don't wear them.

Why would you put your own life at risk? You're not even accomplishing anything, just driving around, more likely to die.

I hope you reconsider and start wearing your seatbelt again. You can't protest anymore if you're dead.
I am accomplishing something, I am refusing to bow down to the govt and another one of their unjust laws.

The governments of a lot States allow boxing matches, skydiving, bungee jumping, scuba diving and high school football. All are inherently dangerous activities.

If the government really cared, they would pass a law requiring people to wear a helmet when they are in their homes, especially in the bathroom. A lot of people are killed in accidents at home.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by reitze

7% higher deaths IN accidents w/ helmets (broken necks while impact saves only help from 8-13 mph to the back of the head, face-impacts become deadly too (extra weight)).

I don't know where you've got these stats, but every stat I've seen or read, show death rates have risen on motorcyclists who don't wear a helmet. At least in my state it has shown the increase in deaths since the helmet law was abolished.

Having said that, people should have the personal freedom to choose between wearing a helmet or not and buckling or not. If people choose to risk their lives in their own personal property, than it's not the governments place to enforce their desire on the people. I'm not debating the fact that seat belts and helmets have saved lives, my point is, the government continues to involve themselves in our personal lives.

edit on 25-3-2012 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Perhaps that man that got arrested was assumed to be threatening the officers with chi energy beams like the ones Vegeta on Dragonball Z shoots out of his fingers.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoteJillSteinKatSwift2012
Perhaps that man that got arrested was assumed to be threatening the officers with chi energy beams like the ones Vegeta on Dragonball Z shoots out of his fingers.
Indeed, those detectives are damned lucky he didn't kill 'em.
Energy beams should be outlawed. Except for law enforcement use, of course.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
reply to post by reitze

17% higher deaths IN accidents w/ helmets (broken necks while impact saves only help from 8-13 mph to the back of the head, face-impacts become deadly too (extra weight)).

I don't know where you've got these stats, but every stat I've seen or read, show death rates have risen on motorcyclists who don't wear a helmet. At least in my state it has shown the increase in deaths since the helmet law was abolished.
Having said that, people should have the personal freedom to choose between wearing a helmet or not and buckling or not. If people choose to risk their lives in their own personal property, than it's not the governments place to enforce their desire on the people. I'm not debating the fact that seat belts and helmets have saved lives, my point is, the government continues to involve themselves in our personal lives.

edit on 25-3-2012 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

I researched it heavily in 1999 and documented my results with links in my book which I've posted online since I couldn't get it published. I did sell about 500 copy-center-copies and several friends raved to me how great they thought it was. Though publishers and my grandmother hated it. Anyway, last time it came up I found new links and posted them on a DR thread. I don't feel like looking all that up again now - but would if you found it really important. Its a bit off-topic here. But for the interesting of tangential, here's my book-sublink to the "Auto-Laws" chapter where I covered it. I did start a bit of re-write a couple years ago too - but OMFG it was hard retracing those links - they all got killed (hmmm 1%'er? Or 99%s w/o the cash to keep their pages up?).

Choose, Live Free Or Die! "Auto-Laws" section (reitze's book)
edit on 3/26/2012 by reitze because: it was 17% higher mortality rate, fixed that in the MISS-quoted text.

PS: the accident rate was also 15% higher, and the overall mortality rate was 30% higher in states WITH helmet laws. It was especially striking in states that either repealed or passed such laws too. I heard PA recently repealed their helmet law! woot woot!!!
edit on 3/26/2012 by reitze because: PS

+ statistics link:
A Comparison of Motorcycle Accident and Fatality Rates between Mandatory Helmet Law States and Voluntary Helmet Use States

+ a relevance aspect
When I was living in a rural NY area I did a lot of riding my HD on logging and State Land dirt roads with friends. We NEVER wore helmets but ALWAYS brought them with us. Our attitude was "well if they wanna hastle me for it I'll set a precident with our good lawyer buddie here - and get it reversed that way" Meanwile we took it along so that we didn't get our bikes towed.

In a way it was flipping off the cops - but it wasn't intended to be disrespectful to them personally. But yea we pulled into the diners where the cops were eating w/o the brain buckets.
edit on 3/26/2012 by reitze because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/26/2012 by reitze because: + statistics link

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join