It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man arrested for pointing finger at officers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

David Loveless is accused of pointing his finger like a gun at two Fredricksburg detectives. Tuesday night police arrested and handcuffed him and drove him off to jail.

ABC7 Link
There is a video interview with the news in the link.
This guy gets arrested for making a gun gesture to 2 detectives with his fingers.
He says he wasn't pointing at anything just lighting a cigarette.

This is a joke. I can't even believe this crap.

Even if he was make a gun with his fingers at the cop is it even against the law.

I want to know can you get arrested for making gestures at the police. Flipping them off ect....

We are in a police state my friends. WAKE UP

Here is a related story i found on ATS ats
edit on 23-3-2012 by ugahm because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2012 by ugahm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I have flipped cops off. They did not arrest me.

I have refused to put my seat belt on at roadside checkpoints multiple times. They did not arrest me. I used to wear seat belts religiously before they passed a law requiring me to do so, now I don't wear them.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I used to wear seat belts religiously before they passed a law requiring me to do so, now I don't wear them.
reply to post by butcherguy

Talk about infringing on your freedom to buckle-up or not. What gets me, is my state allows motorcyclists to decide whether to wear a helmet or not. But the state has a law that requires motorists in vehicles to buckle-up. How is that law remotely fair? I think I'm much safer in a car if I crash at 25 mph with out wearing a seat-belt as compared to a motorcyclist who's not wearing a helmet.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Here is what I found googling.....
Flipping off Cops

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.”

^ that's from the first amendment to the US Constitution.

In other words, the First Amendment gives you the right to free speech and expression without interference or constraint by the government. Freedom of speech, one could say, is the cornerstone of our country. It’s what makes us democratic. With that in mind, one could make the argument that flipping off a cop is considered speech. It’s an expression, and therefore, maybe cops shouldn’t be able to ticket or arrest someone for doing it.

In fact, Ira P. Robbins, a law professor from American University told The Oregonian “The U.S. Supreme Court has consistently held that speech may not be prohibited simply because some may find it offensive. Virtually every time someone is arrested for this, assuming there’s no other criminal behavior … the case is either dismissed before trial or the person is convicted at trial and wins on appeal.” There is one important thing to note in this statement, and that is, “assuming there’s no other criminal behavior.” Cops may try to justify ticketing you after flipping them off if they can find other charges (e.g. disorderly conduct, public intoxication, illegal lane changes, etc.) to write you up for.

Hit the link, there are some interesting stories about people suing the cops, even when the charges were dropped, or not even made.... AND WINNING!

edit on 23-3-2012 by butcherguy because: Grammar repair

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
he's lucky he didn't get his ass beat

you point your finger at me like it's a gun, it's gonna be a bad day for you

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Point anything at a cop in a threatening manner and they have permission to shoot you. It was nice of them to arrest him.This is the way the law has been in America for centuries.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

I used to wear seat belts religiously before they passed a law requiring me to do so, now I don't wear them.

Talk about infringing on your freedom to buckle-up or not. What gets me, is my state allows motorcyclists to decide whether to wear a helmet or not. But the state has a law that requires motorists in vehicles to buckle-up. How is that law remotely fair? I think I'm much safer in a car if I crash at 25 mph with out wearing a seat-belt as compared to a motorcyclist who's not wearing a helmet.

Exactly.

What is even worse... A motorcyclist can put his 5 year old on the seat behind him as long as he has a helmet on! Yet I have to have my child in a child restraint seat until they are over 8 years or a certain size and weight??? WTH!

There isn't a state representative that cares what happens to me in a car accident tomorrow......

The auto insurers bought and paid for the seat belt laws.... Another example of fascism, IMO.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
he's lucky he didn't get his ass beat

you point your finger at me like it's a gun, it's gonna be a bad day for you

You make someone's day really bad for pointing a finger at you...

Then you need to be put away.

ETA: How do you react if they actually say something unkind to you? Torture them to death?
edit on 23-3-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ugahm

So this guy is sitting on his porch and gets arrested

The story says it happened outside the courthouse.

fredericksburg.patch.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

The story says it happened outside the courthouse.

The guy picked the perfect place to do it.

Kudos to him.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Exactly.

What is even worse... A motorcyclist can put his 5 year old on the seat behind him as long as he has a helmet on! Yet I have to have my child in a child restraint seat until they are over 8 years or a certain size and weight??? WTH!

There isn't a state representative that cares what happens to me in a car accident tomorrow......

The auto insurers bought and paid for the seat belt laws.... Another example of fascism, IMO.

The only reason I can determine for this hypocritical crap is that motorcyclists will die if they are in a bad enough accident. If a person in a car accident does the right thing and just relaxes and goes limp they will not suffer much damage (like the drunk drivers that always walk away from fatal accidents) you are more likely to get seriously injured or killed (especially if t-boned) while wearing a seat belt. It's just a form of population control under the guise of safety. Common theme these days, if the government says something is for your safety, its probably going to harm/kill you.
edit on 23-3-2012 by JizzyMcButter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

oops let me fix that

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

pointing their finger like a gun

that is a threat

they are saying in no uncertain terms , "I would love to blow you away"

please don't miss the point intentionally, it makes you look silly

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

pointing their finger like a gun

that is a threat

they are saying in no uncertain terms , "I would love to blow you away"

please don't miss the point intentionally, it makes you look silly

You are the silly one, if you think that you are going to win in court if you take action against a person for a gesture.

You are saying that the physical gesture made with the hand is a 'certain' indication of what they are thinking. You have NO idea what the person is thinking...... Even if you could know, a person can wish that you are dead as much as they want. They can even playfully imagine killing you as many horrid ways as possible without breaking a law. We are allowed to think what we want, as much as you may dislike that whole idea.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Actually helmet laws kill --- for the profit of higher insurance rates and HELLmet sales.

15% higher accident rates (fatigue, heat, wind resistance, hearing and vision reductions, psychological...)
17% higher deaths IN accidents w/ helmets (broken necks while impact saves only help from 8-13 mph to the back of the head, face-impacts become deadly too (extra weight)).

Just like the NFL concussions where the helmets became a weapon.

edit on 3/25/2012 by reitze because: HELLmet

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
That is rediculous....

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
A police state for sure. people also arrested for dancing.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Yes, arrested for dancing. Adam Kokesh arrested for dancing at the Jefferson memorial.

youtu.be...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
I have flipped cops off. They did not arrest me.

I have refused to put my seat belt on at roadside checkpoints multiple times. They did not arrest me. I used to wear seat belts religiously before they passed a law requiring me to do so, now I don't wear them.

Why would you put your own life at risk? You're not even accomplishing anything, just driving around, more likely to die.

I hope you reconsider and start wearing your seatbelt again. You can't protest anymore if you're dead.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Wait...what?

You dont wear your seat belt because the law tells you to?

Seems like an odd way to "rebel" against the police. Especially since its a very important part to surviving possible car crashes.

I hope you change your mind and start buckling up.

Cheers
edit on 25-3-2012 by FoxMulder91 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join