It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea directs missiles towards Australia

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
So if NK "misses" the ocean and "accidently" hits land maybe a city they can say it was only a test?

Sounds like nonsense to me. There is a lot of water to safely test your missile.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
Do we (Australia) have a missile defence system?
edit on 23-3-2012 by CaptainBeno because: missed a bit

Shoot some Vegemite at it. That'll make it turn back. Blech.

Seriously, though. I am anti-war. I believe everyone's presence in the Middle East is illegal and immoral. We are killing people over oil, not some humanitarian aid mission.

That being said, I am 100% for ending North Korea's existence. They have committed many more grievous atrocities than Syria, Libya, Afghanistan, Iraq, Yemen and Uganda combined. Yet America, the world, sits on the sidelines doing nothing.

They have no oil, so they aren't worth killing. Disgusting.

/TOA
edit on 24-3-2012 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by Jace26

I wasn't aware Australians hate us....maybe I should ask some of my many Australian friends about that.

Just the Bogans.

The rest are cool with us.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jace26

Originally posted by v8poweredsofa

Originally posted by woogleuk

I'm pretty sure as part of the British commonwealth, the UK has some obligation to protect you, if the threat is real, I'm sure we will send something over that is capable of shooting it down, like a Type-45 destroyer. I'm sure the Queen wouldn't have it any other way

Australians cannot stand us, as far as I am concerned, I don't want any of our money being used to defend these people. Let them get into bed with the yanks, they deserve eachother.

I'm surprised you think that ozzies hate the poms?
We don't hate you we hate the yanks.

So after all of the men we have sacrificed to defend YOUR country, you wouldn't do the same for us?
Wow we got real great friends up north don't we?

Not at all.

Most Brits love Ozzies.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

That being said, I am 100% for ending North Korea's existence. They have committed many more grievous atrocities than Syria, Libya, Afghanistan, Iraq, Yemen and Uganda combined. Yet America, the world, sits on the sidelines doing nothing.

/TOA
edit on 24-3-2012 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

Plus they have a big bro' watching their back that uncle sam is terrified of

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

That's what the papers and the US administration states. Where is the proof? Should someone perhaps ask the N Koreans if this is the case?

i laughed when i first read this. only because i imagined asking the citizens of n. korea. i soon realized you probably meant those in the government. but it's semi-humorous and semi-tragic to think of the responses of the citizens.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Sure anyone can point missiles .
They are gonna land in the ocean about 60 miles
off the coast of S Korea.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
To quote one of my friends who I was recently talking to about this very issue:

regarding Japan and Australia

those countries are not in nato but the wiki says theyre known as 'contact countries' which basically means youre in
nato seems irrelevant but id imagine it wouldnt be so dormant if a member state was invaded by a foreign aggressor

A fair point.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

That being said, I am 100% for ending North Korea's existence.

WOW. that's the worst thing i've read all day, and ATS is a gold mine for these kinds of comments. what about the people? if someone thinks the leaders should go, fine, by all means, do what ye will, but with today's technology, snipers could do it without any unnecessary casualties. but to get rid of N korea all together? imo, that's just evil. and i'm sure that there are those in other countries that would say the same of you/ your country. would you be ok with that? i'm sure your inherent survival instincts would say no.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Nth Korean phone operator: Hello, how can I help you?

Concerned Australian citizen: Hello. It is reported recently that your government is aiming a missile towards our country!

Nth Korean phone operator: Sorry sir, that was a mistranslation.

Concerned Australian citizen: I HOPE NOT. I have co-ordinates that I'd like you to hit.

Nth Korean phone operator: Sorry sir, I do not understand.

Concerned Australian citizen: AIM YOUR MISSILES HERE

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

I hope not, they're a huge waste of money. We have ways to bring down missles if know they are going to be fired though.

The U.S. needs to have the naval presence in the area so they can shoot this thing down as soon as it clears NK airspace.

Sorry but I had to laugh at your response. "if [we] know they are going to be fired.." Doesn't anyone play cowboys and indians anymore, you know where they SNEAK up on you? Has war really gotten so politically correct that advance notice is given of an imminent attack? Just curious.

On another note, don't those missles cause havoc in the Ocean? Just what the world needs, more death and destruction of natural resources.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel

I hope not, they're a huge waste of money. We have ways to bring down missles if know they are going to be fired though.

The U.S. needs to have the naval presence in the area so they can shoot this thing down as soon as it clears NK airspace.

Sorry but I had to laugh at your response. "if [we] know they are going to be fired.." Doesn't anyone play cowboys and indians anymore, you know where they SNEAK up on you? Has war really gotten so politically correct that advance notice is given of an imminent attack? Just curious.

On another note, don't those missles cause havoc in the Ocean? Just what the world needs, more death and destruction of natural resources.

The only tests that have worked have been when they knew when the missle was coming, and where it was being launched from.

They were able to shoot down that errant piece of space junk a few years ago, but they had been tracking it for months.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I smell a reason for the USA to start a new Korean war

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lasr1oftheJedi
North Korea can't even hit South Korea, which is literally 0 miles alway in all realitivity, so I have no belief they plan on hittting the Aussies.

For those that call me liar, I submit, so why don't they hit america with that $hit?

What?

If they tried they would be vaporized into the ether!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
It is really easy to understand our international policies when it comes to our interests and our allies.....

DON'T # WITH EITHER ONE OF THEM!

We have a ZERO TOLERANCE policy and we back it up....oh do WE EVER BACK IT UP!

I am not a war monger BUT I am also a TRUE AMERICAN who believes in defending our freedoms AT ANY AND ALL COSTS!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Why should we? One minute the world hates us and then the next they want our naval to protect them.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread where people were freaking out that the missile would go over Japan like last time:

"Everyone calm down. Do a bit of research and you'll find that the USA, Russia, China, Europe and everyone else for that matter launch their satellites in an easterly direction. Why? Because the Earth rotates counter-clockwise and launching to the east is easier and far more efficient.

NK has given the world plenty of notice of their impending launch, and given that Japan is directly to the East, it is really no surprise that their rocket will pass over Japan. Japan's diligence is fine, of course they should be on guard, but this is not necessarily a belligerent act on North Korea's part. So relax on the propaganda, there is no need to get your blood boiling over this.

Besides, NK's social/political track record is far more damning than their space program. They may have no respect for human life, and that is certainly something to be upset about, but they do have to respect the laws of physics. It's just a rocket launch."

This is no different. The only time countries launch to the South rather than the East is when they wish to put satellites in polar orbits. The USA, Russia, China and Europe do this ALL THE TIME. What is South of Korea? Australia. I'll say it again, calm down. There is no need to talk about eliminating an entire nation over this. It's not just a weapons program, it's a space program. How many foreign objects are over NK right now? How many are over your countries?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I'm surprised no one has brought up that thread from a couple weeks back about the retired CIA remote viewer who predicts a "KILL-SHOT" solar flare global cataclysm in our near future and that a precursor to the KILL-SHOT would be North Korea detonating a nuclear weapon in an act of aggression. I tried searching for the thread but can't remember the specifics... If someone else remembers please post link.

Although the "Australia" report is far from conclusive, you have to wonder if these two things are connected?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Don't expect any help from the US. When Bush/Chney was ginning up and gunning up the country for war with Iraq, I was waving my hands on the West Coast, saying, "Hey, Washington! Over here! North Korea says they have missiles capable of hitting America from the west! Hey! Hey! Is anybody listening?!"

So, apparently, if North Korea shoots towards Australia, Australia should invade another country. Preferably far away from North Korea. Any ideas?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
How could the beloved Red Chinese allow their puppet state North Korea to treat their Aussie pals with such disrespect?
~SheopleNation

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join