It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea directs missiles towards Australia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
all is ok the natives here have invented the tried and tested boomerang missile to shoot it down or the wimmera

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Millions of Korean human beings living in the Northern zone of Korea , have died terrible agonising deaths due to starvation over the last few decades.

Perhaps we could stop starving the masses via sanctions and perhaps we would have some credibility in humanitys eyes.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to [url= by CaptainBeno[/url]

The best thing we have are boomerangs...lol

I don't think we would have anything too flash in the way of defense.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to [url= by 12voltz[/url]

That's hilarious!

And so true as-well.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

"AMERICA # YEAH!!!"

What a bunch of wankers

Hahah well I've been working all night and will be till 7am. Hour and half to go but that put a smile on my face for the first time all night

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Not true!! Americans are not wankers. The Americans have already saved us numerous times. Remember "Armageddon" and of course, "Independence Day". Long live America!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by cartenz

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker

Originally posted by worriedskeptic
North Korea are one of the biggest dangers to peace in my opinion. They are a time bomb waiting to go off.

Hmm they may be a threat but since Ive had my eyes open personal opinion I'd say the US is one of the biggest threats. As I've said to a friend .. What if Iran or n.korea where to produce ONE nuke they would be stupid to use it. As for the US always sticking their noses in everywhere, I'm from the UK and our government is no better. I still think about the film Team America .. World police, blowing everything up and invadin countries no wonder people are starting to get fed up. But hey that's my personal opinion slate me if you will

Funny, the ANU (Australian National University) agrees with you and released a report a few years ago that states the US is the biggest threat to Australian sovreignity. I'll see if i can find linky...

Good I'm glad the Aussies agree with me. N there I was thinkin I'd get slated for what I said. So during my nine hours of night work, I've managed to have a thread closed (it was a repost of a old thread), I've probably annoyed half the Americans on here and I've had people back me up on my opinions which is good because I don't class myself as brainy. More like if the words are on my tounge I'd just say it without thinking.

Good morning all ha
From The PM (not prime minister thank god)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
North Korea can't even hit South Korea, which is literally 0 miles alway in all realitivity, so I have no belief they plan on hittting the Aussies.

For those that call me liar, I submit, so why don't they hit america with that $hit?

What?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Um.... has there been any confirmation at all that this is true?
The americans said it.... have the Koreans confirmed?

I'm highly suspicious.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

The Americans said it so no it's not true, Saddam had nukes and chemicals weapons which still havent been found. They said Osama was to blame for 9/11 attacks (add you own ending to that one) yet ISAF forces are still in afghan. Of course I don't have a source to say it isn't real but I don't tend to trust anything the US government says anyway.

For the record I'm not anti American I have a few American friends, and I'm sure the majority of you are good people I just can't stand the US Government. As I said where I'm from the UK, our government is no better but we do have some lovely people over here .... Honest!!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lasr1oftheJedi
North Korea can't even hit South Korea, which is literally 0 miles alway in all realitivity, so I have no belief they plan on hittting the Aussies.

For those that call me liar, I submit, so why don't they hit america with that $hit?

What?

Yes they can hit SK. If NK wanted to they could wipe SK of the map. The missiles which NK has can reach Australia, our Ex-Foreign Minister stated so last year. He classed NK as a high threat to Australia, which it is.

They may be able to hit the USA, but it is 2000 KM further away than Australia.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
N.Korea hasn't been in the news for somtime because of Israel/Iran/USA nuclear trouble.They must be attention starved so have to pull another stunt.Wont hit Aus.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
Do we (Australia) have a missile defence system?
edit on 23-3-2012 by CaptainBeno because: missed a bit

We've got lamb and thongs !

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
The U.S. Navy already has Multiple Ships and Carrier Groups positioned all over the Pacific and the USN is placing Aegis Cruisers which always travel with Nuclear Carriers....in several locations that would allow an intercept of a Missle like this if it were to create a danger to any land mass. Split Infinity

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Australia has the most effective radar systems in the world, it would be highly unlikely that a missile would enter our region without authorities knowing.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Originally posted by Lasr1oftheJedi

What?

Yes they can hit SK. If NK wanted to they could wipe SK of the map. The missiles which NK has can reach Australia, our Ex-Foreign Minister stated so last year. He classed NK as a high threat to Australia, which it is.

They may be able to hit the USA, but it is 2000 KM further away than Australia.

Our (now ex) foreign minister also contemplated invading China (see wikileaks) - surely his credibility has to be taken into account if you paraphrase him

The NK regime is China's puppet regime and it's what holds the US (and other western nations) at bay from China.

My personal opinion is that the test will not take place - its a case of 'the US administration said, CNN confirmed it' ... so it must be true.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

I read the story. Writer Peter Hartcher did not identify the rocket but used the word nuclear anyway.

Why no detail on the rocket? Hartcher infers nuclear weapons in the context of his story. Why infer nuclear weapons? Why infer Australia as a target? The story read like disinformation to me. There were too many non-specifics and unanswered questions, and only two experts quoted. The rest of the quotes were also paraphrased and/or inferred, lacking human attribution.

One of the men who was quoted, the man who shared this information with the Australian government, is Dr. Kurt M. Campbell, CEO and Co-founder of Center for a New American Security.

He also co-authored a report in 2009, "Going Global: The Future of the U.S.-South Korea Alliance."

Why would North Korea have an interest in attacking Australia? Who would that benefit?
edit on 3/24/2012 by danats because: typo fix

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Haha come onnnnnn they don't have anything that can reach us! I mean seriously, it takes 11 hours just to bloody fly between here and Korea, who cares if they point a bottle rocket in our direction to test it?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
wow,
this makes me reflect on how recently President Obama was over here
giving all his reassuring speeches about bringing more troops down under
and taking a more active role in our region....
gosh! it's a good thing it didn't happen any later!
for the first time in my life i feel safe!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
Do we (Australia) have a missile defence system?
edit on 23-3-2012 by CaptainBeno because: missed a bit

I'm pretty sure as part of the British commonwealth, the UK has some obligation to protect you, if the threat is real, I'm sure we will send something over that is capable of shooting it down, like a Type-45 destroyer. I'm sure the Queen wouldn't have it any other way

Australians cannot stand us, as far as I am concerned, I don't want any of our money being used to defend these people. Let them get into bed with the yanks, they deserve eachother.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join