It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea directs missiles towards Australia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

We are good for something after all huh?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by aarys
I thought it was a rockert launch anyway. Not a missile. Maybe Cuba should invest in a anti missle shield to shot down rockerts from Florida.

Now that would be soooooooooooo funny, imagine cuba knocking down u.s. test missiles loooooooooool ,

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins

I thought it was a rockert launch anyway. Not a missile. Maybe Cuba should invest in a anti missle shield to shot down rockerts from Florida.

Now that would be soooooooooooo funny, imagine cuba knocking down u.s. test missiles loooooooooool ,

Wouldn't happen in a million years....Cuba is not that stupid!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by maestromason
reply to post by cerebralassassins

We are good for something after all huh?

yeah, im sure most aussies know that pine gap is mostly a u.s. run operation but that aussies are also involved. Its funny though i remember when the U.S. gave A.U. an aircraft carrier as a good will gesture and they ended running into the ground. Well that was a long time ago and they have improved so much since then. The then purchase of the f-18's and today j fighters shows how close of a relationship the aussies and yanks have in comparison to aussies and pom's.

Its also funny to note that back in the 80's i would read about protests in a.u. around u.s. nuke subs visiting and they would all go into a protest mode, nowadays its like:

Announcement: Another nuke sub docking into a.u. port with nuke strike payload

Protesters: Oh really, how many missiles do they have on that sub ?

Announcement: I believe its 24

Protesters: Oh ..um..yeah its okay,

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

The warning was delivered in person yesterday to the Foreign Affairs Minister, Bob Carr, by a senior official in the Obama Administration, Kurt Campbell, during a visit to Sydney.

LOL

How long has NK been a threat

and what has USA done about it since?

and what does it have planned for NK? quake? coup? or nuke NK preemptively?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by maestromason

Wouldn't happen in a million years....Cuba is not that stupid!

I could sit hear all day and laugh about this idea.

Can you imagine the USN, testing a missile ( estimated cost : 130 million ) and the Cubans knock it out of the sky and faxing the Pentagon, " We do not want your missiles flying over our country *

Pentagon reaction to reading the fax sent by Cuba: WTF are they doing... !

edit on 23-3-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Australians are something like Americans only without the guns.....
The pair should get along famously.....till the yanks get snippy with them.....
Kim Jung would be IL advised to fool around throwing rocks at a beehive.
The japanese have deployed anti missile batteries on land and sea....They are miffed about the last overshot.
Not too sure if hawaii is in the way or not.......but they certainly have anti missiles....

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
Do we (Australia) have a missile defence system?
edit on 23-3-2012 by CaptainBeno because: missed a bit

Yes you do and its heart is Pine Gap, but it isn't exactly Australian its owned by the U.S. in a join U.S. & A.U. military relationship.
The Joint Defence Facility (Pine Gap) is not a missile Defence system. It is a system which intercepts and interprets sgnals and codes. It is both Australian and American run,.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure as part of the British commonwealth, the UK has some obligation to protect you, if the threat is real, I'm sure we will send something over that is capable of shooting it down, like a Type-45 destroyer. I'm sure the Queen wouldn't have it any other way

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Thank you North Korea, it is good to know someone has our backs to save us from the pain ridden misery that would eventuate from a global nuclear exchange. I would very much prefer to be taken out in an instant that attempt to live through the massive radioactive fallout and social destruction that such an event would cause.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
Thank you North Korea, it is good to know someone has our backs to save us from the pain ridden misery that would eventuate from a global nuclear exchange. I would very much prefer to be taken out in an instant that attempt to live through the massive radioactive fallout and social destruction that such an event would cause.
What? This from the land of 'Mad Max'?

I'm devastated.

edit on 23-3-2012 by butcherguy because: Punctuation repair.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

I'm pretty sure as part of the British commonwealth, the UK has some obligation to protect you, if the threat is real, I'm sure we will send something over that is capable of shooting it down, like a Type-45 destroyer. I'm sure the Queen wouldn't have it any other way

As an English fellow, I really hope we can protect our Ozzie cousins.

I'm pretty sure we wouldn't tolerate any attack on Australian soil, let alone from N.Korea.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Great post............and you are probably right.

Anybody know if the Americans have a carrier in port somewhere in Aus, they are always hanging around our rock?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
North Korea are one of the biggest dangers to peace in my opinion. They are a time bomb waiting to go off.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by phalanx001

Yes let's do that first shall we, good idea.
Since when do we take so much notice of America saying this or that?

Fear mongers

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by maestromason

Yes you guys are, and IF we ever do need it we would appreciate it, I'm sure. We're brothers and sisters after all.

So long as it didn't involve a big brother hand shake that lasted for eternity. There is only one father figure.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

AussieAmandaC ? Not the same AAC that likes Subs and Aircraft??

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by worriedskeptic
North Korea are one of the biggest dangers to peace in my opinion. They are a time bomb waiting to go off.

Hmm they may be a threat but since Ive had my eyes open personal opinion I'd say the US is one of the biggest threats. As I've said to a friend .. What if Iran or n.korea where to produce ONE nuke they would be stupid to use it. As for the US always sticking their noses in everywhere, I'm from the UK and our government is no better. I still think about the film Team America .. World police, blowing everything up and invadin countries no wonder people are starting to get fed up. But hey that's my personal opinion slate me if you will

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

"AMERICA # YEAH!!!"

What a bunch of wankers

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker

Originally posted by worriedskeptic

Hmm they may be a threat but since Ive had my eyes open personal opinion I'd say the US is one of the biggest threats. As I've said to a friend .. What if Iran or n.korea where to produce ONE nuke they would be stupid to use it. As for the US always sticking their noses in everywhere, I'm from the UK and our government is no better. I still think about the film Team America .. World police, blowing everything up and invadin countries no wonder people are starting to get fed up. But hey that's my personal opinion slate me if you will

Funny, the ANU (Australian National University) agrees with you and released a report a few years ago that states the US is the biggest threat to Australian sovreignity. I'll see if i can find linky...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join