It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea directs missiles towards Australia

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

While I think the Aussie's did a fine job of fighting the initial invasion events, I agree there is no way they could have kept Japan out. Way too much coastline with sparse population. They would have made landfall outside of the ports eventually, and once they had a foothold the rest would go quickly. Japan is close enough that resupply would have been easy.

Of course that doesn't speak to the readiness of today's AU military, but do they really need a big military?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
My original assesment stands. If North Korea Launches an ICBM near or towars Australia....wouldn't be better to be prepared to shoot it down...given North Koreas terrible track record on their Missles acuracy....and should this ICMB....even if the North Koreans target the Ocean in a region near Australia...malfunction...even without a Nuclear Warhead on it...a projectile traveling this fast reentering from Low Orbit....will have built up a Massive Amount of Kinetic Energy....enough so that if it should actually fall in a city or small town....the weight of the Missle plus whatever fuel may remain multiplied by it's velocity or the equasion F=MA or Force equals Mass times Acceleration....it could on impact LEVEL A LARGE AREA....even without an explosive or Nuclear warhead.

This is the same principle as how a Comet or Asteroid the size of say a large building....can hit the Earth at high velocity and cause an explosion just as great as a 100 Megaton Thermonuclear Bomb. In the American South West....just east of Flagstaff Arizona....that is one mile in diameter and 150 ft. deep......the meteor that caused this mass devestation was only 150 ft. in diameter. Remember....the crater is ONE MILE IN DIAMETER....and the blast wave of this type of impact would devestate anything for 25 miles away.

Imagine how much damage a multi-ton ICBM...made of much heavier casings than Modern U.S. ICBM's are made of...achieving altitudes temporarily in orbit then accelerating toward the ground on purpose or totally accidental...does not matter....the resulting impact could kill a lot of people.

Now....the Australian Government has asked the U.S. Military....thus the U.S. Navy to intercept and the U.S. Space Command to track...any possibility of this happening. If it hits the ocean...GOOD! But what if it does not have that trajectory and becomes a threat? The Australian Government did the responsible thing. Asked a FRIEND to give a helping hand. And some think this wrong....WHY? Split Infinity

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

You told me that Australia didn't have any significant battles with Japan, i proved you wrong. The USA came to Australia's aid after we had already defended ourselves successfully.
edit on 30-3-2012 by daaskapital because: spelling

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

You told me that Australia didn't have any significant battles with Japan, i proved you wrong. The USA came to Australia's aid after we had already defended ourselves successfully.
edit on 30-3-2012 by daaskapital because: spelling

I was refering to direct Australian/Japanese battles on the Australian mainland as this is in line with the topic of this thread....effects to Australia...NOT AUSTRALIAN TROOPS fighting other battles in WWII. Split Infinity

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

The battle in New Guinea was also classed as the battle for Australia. Yes there were Japanese Recon parties on the Australian mainland. Not to mention the 64 bombings on Darwin, and others on other main Aussie cities. Australia was directly threatened and targeted.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

While I think the Aussie's did a fine job of fighting the initial invasion events, I agree there is no way they could have kept Japan out. Way too much coastline with sparse population. They would have made landfall outside of the ports eventually, and once they had a foothold the rest would go quickly. Japan is close enough that resupply would have been easy.

Of course that doesn't speak to the readiness of today's AU military, but do they really need a big military?

That is up to Australia...if it were me...I would want a state of the art ABM system...say the U.S. SM-3....I would also want some advanced Anti-Ship Missles and few more aircraft to protect Australian Airspace.
Split Infinity

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

The battle in New Guinea was also classed as the battle for Australia. Yes there were Japanese Recon parties on the Australian mainland. Not to mention the 64 bombings on Darwin, and others on other main Aussie cities. Australia was directly threatened and targeted.

I am aware of this. And this is what I was refering to in my post. Split Infinity

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by Garfee

We can't do everything all the time and it has cost us dearly...but you make me sick with this Anti-American...OH....we would be better off with out the U.S.A. Well...YOU WOULDN'T! Your Country would have been part of Japan for a while until we finally Retooled for War if we had lost at MIDWAY....but we WON! THUS...YOU WON!

Stop screaming dude. We don't need you or your war machine.

If you think that your FREEDOM comes for FREE...ask the Thousands of Souls who lost their lives in WWII and if you take that FREEDOM for granted and do not protect it....but have the GOOD FORTUNE of a SUPER POWER that actually likes you and would be there for you....no matter what....AND YOU ALL KNOW THAT....and then even knowing that U.S. Soldiers, Airmen and Sailors...would DIE TO PROTECT YOU....without even a thought for their own lives....and you DISHONOR THEM by saying....WE DON'T NEED YOU! Well then....SHAME ON YOU! AND ALL LIKE YOU!

May all the soldiers that died RIP. Their Bravery will be remembered forever. You on the other hand, have no place taking credit for their bravery. We don't need the American war machine and we absolutely don't need your war mongering attitude. Shame on you drawing parallels between the America those soldiers died for and the 'America' you represent. Ps: This is not a generalization directed at every American - only to those that share split infinity's view.

You have a Country that possesses NUCLEAR WEAPONS and is Launching ICBM'S in your general direction....and you think of it as NO BIG DEAL? What if...and there is a 20% Chance this could happen...North Korea...with it's New and inexperienced Leader...attemps a boarder skirmish...AGAIN...with South Korea....and the North goes a bit too far which causes the South to retaliate HARD...and a WAR breaks out...and because for examples purpose...Australia tells the U.S. to F" OFF! and tells the U.S. we don't need you! The U.S. takes exception and moves it's Carrier Groups with it's Aegis Missle/Satellite Destroying Cruisers to positions that are more advantageous to protecting Japan, Taiwan...and even ALASKA...but since Noth Korea ICBM tech has a range that can only make it to Japan, Taiwan or Australia and knows that the U.S. Carriers and Cruisers are positioned to destroy their Nuclear Tipped ICBM...so they decide...since they are going down...and Nuking the South is too close and will irradiate them...and Australia has told the U.S. to F' OFF! THEY LAUNCH A NUKE AT AUSTRALIA! They can hit it....it is in range and the ICBM could avoid the U.S. Cruisers ABM's if N.Korea launched a surprising vector.

I'll repeat it again: we don't need you because we don't believe the propaganda. The us administration said so, CNN confirmed it so it must be true - open your eyes dude. You're talking paranoia - look beyond the CNN reports. NK is in no state to attack anyone - famine prevails there. Watch some foreign TV channels or something. If you did this a few years ago you would have seen the few hundred thousand people in Spain (along with a few milion world-wide ) protesting agains the American invasion of Iraq and the fake WMD's. Looks like the MSM is feeding you raw paranoia over there.

Total propability of this scenario....ending with a HIT on Australian Land anywhere...50%...if the Carrier Groups were not in possition to defend Australia. So...GO AHEAD! FLIP A COIN! Split Infinity

Total probability that there will be no missile. What is a shame is that today's America is a vague shadow of the America those soldiers you mention above died for. Look in the mirror before you point fingers - concentrate on fixing what's broken in your own back yard.
edit on 31-3-2012 by phalanx001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by phalanx001

First of all....I would like to say I am sorry if I seem like I am screaming. This topic is very sensitive to me for many reasons. My Uncle was in the Baton Death March. Two other Uncles were in Korea and they have told me storries of horror that are so terrible....when the Chinese invaded in mass numbers...the U.S. Military could easily take out whole Divisions when the Chinese spread their forces....so they developed a new technique of concentrating massive numbers of troops and attacking a small entry point of the American lines.

The U.S. Military was extremely acurate with Cannon and Mortor fire as well as have set up interlocking Kill Zones of Heavy Gun fire such as 50 Cals spread apart so many yards. The Chinese attacked in mass in one small area in Suicide Runs and U.S. Troops killed Hundreds of thousands of them but at a price of U.S. Equipment literaly OVER HEATING thus jaming the Heavy Machine Guns and Mortors would crack or blow up from the extensive use.

The Brainwashing of Chinese Ground Forces was at such a level that they would have to climb over high piles of their own dead just to be able to fire at U.S. Forces. Luckily...both of my Uncles made it out of Korea....but after what they had done and seen were never the same. I have several Family members including my Cousin who died in Vietnam....so you see...to me this is not simply a debate and my families blood has been spilled.

Both my Grandmother and Grandfather worked on the Manhattan Project. My Grandfather died of Colon Cancer due to exposure to the Milling of specific Radioactive Parts....I cannot go into that further other than to say....there is a law suit and there is no History of Cancer on either sides of my family.

When it comes to what I do...I have sacrificed a lot....but I have gained much. I have been shot at close range several times and survived due to an Advanced Light Weight Body Armour I wore...it should be standard issue...but it is extremely expensive. I have done things I did not like but were necessary for the greater good. I cannot understand how some people think things are so Cut and Dry...if you knew even a Glimpse of the Glimpse that I know...it might drive you nutz. I have seen this happen to other 'Associates" that had to be taken out of active duty due to the effect such information has on a person.

You don't know me...but if there is anything that you can take away from these discussions is that the World is a FAR more dangerous place than you can possible imagine...it is my job....on occasion since I am coming to the end of it...and people like me...to prevent the Large War Breakouts that kill many...even if this means than a few may have to die to save the greater populous.

I would GLADLY give my life to accomplish these goals...and I almost have...but please...even though it is your right to question and take a possition....understand how you are able to maintain that right. There is MUCH more going on than you know. Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

not sure why they would aim it at the Aussies.

They are good people. they are nice. they don't really cause the world any problems, yet they aim weapons in their direction.

Makes no sense.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
reply to post by daaskapital

not sure why they would aim it at the Aussies.

They are good people. they are nice. they don't really cause the world any problems, yet they aim weapons in their direction.

Makes no sense.

It makes perfect sense. If I was North Korea....and I have this sub-par ICBM system that even I don't know how far the thing will fly or where it will land within say....300 to 500 miles. I know that there is an Anti-American sentiment building in some countries that have contributed troops to the Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan....I KNOW that if I shoot this Missle anywhere NEAR Alaska the U.S. will go Bull S#!%! So I decide to aim the ICBM between New Guinea and Australia....knowing anything coming near Japan or Taiwan will PISS OFF my only friend left...the Chinese...so I accomplish several goals.

Goal #1. I Piss Off the United States
Goal #2. I show my people that their new GOD DICTATOR FATHER LEDER FOR LIFE...is not afraid of the U.S.
Goal #3. I can test my new modifications on this ICBM
Goal #4. I cause a small rift to grow between the U.S. Military and Australia over the implications of a launch.
Goal #5. I KNOW that the U.S. KNOWS there is a possibility this ICBM could hit Australian Mainland.
Goal #6. If the U.S. shoots down the ICBM it will look like a Bully.
Goal #7. If the U.S. chooses NOT to shoot down the ICBM I can declare the U.S. was afraid of me.
Goal #8. If the ICBM actualy hits the ocean target I can say the U.S. is War Mongering.

The whole thing makes perfect sense. The danger here is that this North Korean ICBM really is a piece of S#!% and there is a possibility that the damn thing could hit an Australian City by accident. North Korea is always looking for attention so it can seem more powerful that it is...in reality...even though Soul would take a pounding due to it's proximity to the DMZ....if war broke out...North Korea would be wiped off the map as it's citizens would fight to the last Man, Woman and child....unfortunate but true.

The U.S. no longer needs Nuclear Weapons to handle such a massive invasion. We have extremely High Tech. new weopons that are capable of doing the job instead of troops on the ground. Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

From Korean Central New Agency

Pyongyang, March 29 (KCNA) -- The Hong Kong paper of China Asia Times on March 22 in an article titled "The north Korea launches satellite of love" said: The satellite launch is peaceful in every respect, and indisputably nothing to do with a missile test. It is a legitimate exercise by the DPRK of its inalienable sovereign right to peaceful exploration of outer use, universally shared by every member of the world community, including the U.S., China, Russia, Japan and France. No country, be it the US, Japan, south Korea, or any other Western nation, has any right to take issue with the satellite launch. The Korean Committee for Space Technology invited a bevy of experienced foreign experts on space science and technology and journalists to observe the satellite liftoff at the country's ultra-modern satellite launch center. The reason is to provide the promised maximum transparency for the launch. Obviously, there is nothing to conceal about the peaceful satellite launch. The reaction of the U.S., Japan and south Korea to the planned satellite launch could be called a Pavlov's dog-like conditioned response, or at best as that of a deer in the headlights.

www.kcna.kp...

Not sure if trajectory is changed and how monitored. If the missile does go out of control then kudos to who ever catches it. With North and South Korea involved in space technology, it is one thing that can help unite the country. With the nuclear issue on the decline the main threat is over.

In another headline as same source, DPRK′s Decision Will Depend on U.S. Attitude: Russian

The DPRK could neither overlook nor tolerate the U.S. gangster-like act. It was assured time and again that only nuclear weapons could curb the U.S. invasion. Nuclear dismantlement is possible only when one is absolutely sure of one's own security. To this end, the U.S. should start the work of recognizing the DPRK in a diplomatic way. It should discard the stand of regarding diplomatic acknowledgement as a great concession or as a show of good faith. The only way for it is to expand relations with the DPRK so as to lead it to dismantle nukes. The ball is in the U.S. court. -0-

India and China already have missile and nuke capability in the Australian region so the game continues...
edit on 1-4-2012 by kwakakev because: added 'Australian'

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
autralia being so neutral and all
don't worry, the americans will
be there to protect you if SHTF

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

The U.S. knows that direct talks with North Korea are worthless without China being there to guarantee the North will comply. There have been multiple agreements signed including Nuclear Disarmament for Food and Fuel. The problem has been the North breaking EVERY agreement.

They say one thing but do another. The U.S. is in a watch and wait mode to allow the Chinese to bring them in line. Even the Chinese are getting frustrated so how can the U.S. expect the North to abide to any agreements.

Remember...every so many months...the North starts shooting at South Korean Towns. If this happened to a U.S. Town...the U.S. would go to WAR. Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by v8poweredsofa

Hey that's family.We are us not our govts. Allies MEANS something to those of us in the sharp end of things.I have stated decapitation is best.
I have myself performed patrols on the DMZ Imjin scouts.I was in the "Blues" Air Cav from Camp Stanley.I was a "tripwire" pointman. Put me on a mountaintop with a map, binos and a compass,and I can direct hell to a given spot on earth.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Yes....no one really gets it until you have to depend on another to watch your 6. The bond that occurs is just a punchline for some here. Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I fully agree that the US is wasting its time talking to NK without China, these are international issues. For the domestic issues I see a lot of positive growth in having a national platform where the North and South can sort it out. As these armies nationalise a much stronger and clearer common voice will work with the international community. I know this nuclear issue is a head banger, but so is security.

Trust is a huge issue all round. This is where the checks and balances of a national parliament can come in to sort it out and clarify the direction. From most reports it does appear that NK is willing and moving in the SK direction in terms of national governance, politics is a hard and tricky game and anything could happen so providing some security, stability and responsibility to discussions is important.

The main problem I see with this is where to draw the line as the technalities surface. Is there to be a 50-50 split of seats or more based on population with a 65-35 split? I think it is fine if NK want to keep its party structure for now as they are trying to minimise disruptions that bring down the wall will create. As the issues get addressed fairer elections, human rights and the rest of it will get there in due time.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
What do you mean by missles? Are you trying to say that these rockets have satalites inside them and are headed for space. I would be more worried as to what these sats are used for, not some missles. You make it sound like they are getting ready to be attacked or something, lets get away from the propaganda shall we.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Everyone talking like they are getting ready to defend themselves against these missles.
By the way have satilites in them and you can find that info on the web anywhere. I would be more worried what the sats are used for. North korea directs MISSLES towards austrailia.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Unless there is some major shift in Korth Korean Politics and the current leader has no experience. He is dependent on his advisors who feel that the North must deal or not from a position of strength....however...in the past...when most of the Norths population was starving....they would rather let Millions starve then give in on an issue.

I do not see any major changes coming soon. I hope I am wrong but remember how indoctrinated the WWII Japanese population was brainwashed into believing that their Emperor was a GOD and they would all die first as they were training 5 year olds with sharp bamboo spears....well...multiply that by 10 when you talk about North Koreas Population. They are completely cut off from the rest of the world.

The CIA as well as the DIA have a program to smuggle Smart Phones with built in Internet access VIA satellite. This course may allow information to leak in to the North. As it stands now...the Norths leadership has no problem allowing the deaths of Millions of their troops and population in a War they cannot win. It would be a disaster due to the proximity of Soul to the DMZ.

The U.S. has dropped it's Nuclear Response in favor of a much more Advanced Weaponry Response that the North could not recover from. Nuking the North would bring too much radiation all over the region. But rest assured...the U.S. has plans for the possibility of an Invasion from the North. In my opinion...the South has allowed the North to get away with too much...such as the shelling of an island off the coast.

North Korea is a mess....anyway you look at it. Split Infinity

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join