It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea directs missiles towards Australia

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

That makes no sense if no invasion effort was ever lunched there was no point that a win can be claimed. The only victory was that all efforts made resulted in Japan never attempting to conquer Australia in the first place...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I'm starting to get a bad feeling that Australia will be invaded in the next few years,,

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by v8poweredsofa

Originally posted by woogleuk

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
Do we (Australia) have a missile defence system?
edit on 23-3-2012 by CaptainBeno because: missed a bit

I'm pretty sure as part of the British commonwealth, the UK has some obligation to protect you, if the threat is real, I'm sure we will send something over that is capable of shooting it down, like a Type-45 destroyer. I'm sure the Queen wouldn't have it any other way

Australians cannot stand us, as far as I am concerned, I don't want any of our money being used to defend [these people. Let them get into bed with the yanks, they deserve eachother.

crawl back to the stone age you racist %$^#&@

-TF

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl
do you know what we will do if it lands in australia....we will give it free health care, internet access, free legal advice, a house, $10,000 to set up house, $500 bucks a week and a visa.

immigration and refugee's are welcome imho, but they are getting a better deal then people that were born here. I don't get any of those things and theres no way I could. They don't need those hand outs, they just need to pick fruit and do seasonal work like the rest of us do.

-TF

P.S) to elaborate, that's because 1 english speaking person can get another 40 employed somewhere and mediate, I've worked along side many non-english speaking workers picking cherries, croatian, asian races incl. indians, middle-eastern, all decent hard working people.
edit on 25-3-2012 by ThoughtForms because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
is it just me with the juvenile sense of humour or did anyone else lol at the NK missiles being called "dong"s?

the other self evident thing in this thread is seppo arrogance and ignorance, but that doesnt make me lol

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
reply to post by Amdusias

What, do you Aussies not understand that we Americans despise our Globalist government as well? You guys should know that we are being ruled by international banksters as well as being influenced by Foreign ideologies. That does not mean that we will not defend our honor when it's attacked by you fly by night allies.

My Grandfather fought in the Pacific, and If it was not for The United States of America, Your Continent would have been swallowed up by The Japanese Empire quicker than a piece of shashimi tuna. If it was present day, and we (USA) were no longer a power, Red China would swallow you Aussies up even quicker.

Yep it's true. Seizure of all private property, Slave labor, rape camps and the 100% subjugation of your people. Did we ever attempt to occupy you when we could anytime? Now, Why don't some of you reconsider your position against us because you will never, let me repeat NEVER, get such mercy from those other Nations. You know it, and we know it. ~$heopleNation

edit on 24-3-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

I'm aware your nations people. The ones who are situationally aware, do despise what is done in your nations name. I simply didn't touch on that, because it wasn't relevant to the point. In regards to Japan. They made the mistake of attacking your nation. They instigated what lead to their defeat. In the case of Japan attempting an invasion at that time. Personally we would have been on our own. I wouldn't have expected British forces to come to our aid quickly.

We also do not agree with the fact of how we are allied with your nation in some aspects. We don't go looking for war. We have no interest in being at war. That's why it's called the Australian Defence Force. Unfortunately we're pressured. Yet I find it hypocritical how you state your being ruled by international banksters, yet state your will to defend your nations honor. What to individuals/entities you's feel you can flip the bird too or overpower with no consequence? So these banksters are excluded, because unlike us Aussies we can't buy you or the corporate make up of your country out? Where they can?

Also as long as economics is a divining force in this world. China would see no need to invade us. Why expend such force when you can indebt individuals/entities to you? It's a system that the majority of powers in the world have agreed to abide by for decades. It won't be until the system breaks down and is no longer present. That all out war and invasion would become worth their time. People forget the nation of China knows more about warfare and have seen more of it throughout their existence. Just because the tools of war have changed, doesn't make that any less evident.

Why do you think they haven't gotten involved in any of these current conflicts across the globe? It avails nothing to them. They know they are a force to be reckoned with. They need not boast it. They only need observe and continue to analyze the actions of nations across the globe. Until someone directly threatens them or the other possible scenario our outlined above takes place. You over estimate the precedence of your nations military and governments actions. An that's a mistake both ignorant and arrogant comments from members of your nation continue to infer.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by Jace26

I wasn't aware Australians hate us....maybe I should ask some of my many Australian friends about that.

Just the Bogans.

The rest are cool with us.

actually no. bogans hate everything that isn't bogan and part of their local environment. People who think they aren't bogans and take pride in that tend to buy into the social class system enough that they are the ones supseptable to herd mentality - including that of loving your enemy. then theres the critical thinkers, the ones that know the average american citizen is their friend, but your enemy are the ones running your country, and in that way, in TPTB way, your enemies are ours. Thus when we say we hate america, we hate the cancer that is killing your people, and know that it could easily happen to us.

Just my 2 cent...

Peace,
-TF

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by maestromason

a demon-crazy more like..

-TF

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
From my understanding, North Korea is launching a Satellite via rocket. Since they did this last time and it went into Japan's air space, Japan will not permit it to happen again. They convened an emergency meeting to lay options on the table and possibly decide to shoot it down if it is launched. This came shortly after a deal between the US and North Korea had been reached to cease any further missile tests in return for food aid. The US government felt this was a violation of the agreement but technically it is not. See, there are feathers ruffled here. Japan is being used by the US government as a proxy response to make North Korea back down. Them pointing to other nations and saying the potential for a misfired rocket is a valid warning. North Korea has had various misfires in the past during testing.

This is a very clear threat, even if the rocket is not armed with weapons.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac

Originally posted by maestromason
We Americans will not have it.

Hate our occupation of your country all that you want to.... but we will be there to protect you guys!

Yeah right! You mean from all the enemies that you created for us???? Jezz thank's.
Or will it be like WWII,Russia will get the job done and you'll take the credit.

edit on 24-3-2012 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)
Where does the "America think they won WW2" come from??? Seriously,Because of that movie 'Saving Private Ryan'? I was 7 years old learning about the battle for Stalingrad,Siege of Leningrad and so were my buddies. Every thread I see this America bashing,Most of us are in fact down to earth people. Yeah there are a few people here with that "Oh yeah America man,we're the best" attitude,and you all know what,I can't stand those folks. And I also can't stand our Government either. When criticizing the U.S. Governments action I kindly ask that you refer to it as the "U.S. Government" and not America. And BTW my family is from the south so we are not 'Yanks'.....................

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foley03a4

Hate our occupation of your country all that you want to.... but we will be there to protect you guys!

Yeah right! You mean from all the enemies that you created for us???? Jezz thank's.
Or will it be like WWII,Russia will get the job done and you'll take the credit.

Where does the "America think they won WW2" come from??? Seriously,Because of that movie 'Saving Private Ryan'? I was 7 years old learning about the battle for Stalingrad,Siege of Leningrad and so were my buddies. Every thread I see this America bashing,Most of us are in fact down to earth people. Yeah there are a few people here with that "Oh yeah America man,we're the best" attitude,and you all know what,I can't stand those folks. And I also can't stand our Government either. When criticizing the U.S. Governments action I kindly ask that you refer to it as the "U.S. Government" and not America. And BTW my family is from the south so we are not 'Yanks'.....................

I was in America recently and I think Hollywood has done America a great disservice...
...Americans are great but the image their media portrays is pretty ugly really.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by daaskapital

It is obvious to me that you have never had to sacrifice anything for the greater good. There are so many things that the U.S. does on a daily basis with the sole intent of make this a better world...such as being the single largest doner of Food, the largest Monetary Doner, Policeman of this seriously F@#%&% up World....and making sure some idiot doesn't get a Nuke and kill alot of people.

But then again...you have your dangerous trek to the fridge and the daily find the TV remote mission.
Split Infinity

The reason why your government does that (gives them aid like food, money) is because that way it increases their dependence on America, allowing it to be manipulated.
For example, when Palestine recently tried to become a member of the UN, America threatened it would stop all aid into the country unless it withdraws its bid, which would cause millions of palestinians to starve.
Your government doesn't care about humanitarian issues, its all a con.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Why does every thread usually end in the entire English speaking world bashing each other?

It only takes one or two to spark it off, they do not represent the thoughts or feelings of the rest of their respective countries, or the members from their country on here.

I for one, being from the UK, like both Australia and United States people, for the most part. Governments, idiots and other socially backwards people don't represent a nation, or an individual.

And don't feed the trolls!

This all started when they (Americans) began saying Australia owes its existence to America.
A little arrogant if you ask me.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by Garfee

Australia has no ability to defend itself from any major power.

LOL you idiot, Australia virtually on its own in WW2 defeated all of the Japanese invading forces. This was at a time when Australia only had 7 million people up against one of (at the time) worlds superpowers.

Today we have over 23 million people and a proper professional army with technology exceeding that of Asia and in some circumstances even America.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by kwakakev
Thank you North Korea, it is good to know someone has our backs to save us from the pain ridden misery that would eventuate from a global nuclear exchange. I would very much prefer to be taken out in an instant that attempt to live through the massive radioactive fallout and social destruction that such an event would cause.
What? This from the land of 'Mad Max'?

I'm devastated.

edit on 23-3-2012 by butcherguy because: Punctuation repair.

In the event of Mutually Assured Destruction, there are about 2000-3000 registered nuclear weapons. Around 260-280 warheads seams to be what kind of limit most nations are sticking to, US is still at about 1000 though. Assuming half are taken out or malfunctioned, 500 - 1000 detonations is a reasonable lower limit. Could also be much higher with any undisclosed weapons.

Atomic atmospheric weapon testing in now banned due to the damaging effect it has, US conducted about 10 - 20 of these test, maybe a few others around the place, one here in Australia. Basically, the global atmosphere will be a mess for years with a high yield of nuclear exchange. If you can get through the first few years, risks of cancers, sterilisation and other genetic defects are still high. There are some genetic processes that can verify and repair genetic fragmentation, but not too common in humans.

Lets say most of the population can withstand the dispersed radiation. All international trade and supply routes would be cut of. We have some good farming and mining, but limited refining and manufacturing capability. It would possibly be like the WW2 war depression with lots of rationing. Reduced oil supplies and many other resources will upset a lot of things. So your Mad Max, Fallout style world comes into play. Australia can be a harsh land and it has taken a lot of resources to get around it. I do have strong doubts that our population is sustainable if the world should go MAD and all our waterways become radioactive.

I am just trying to reduce the inevitable pain in supporting North Korea's growing capability should they ever be used. Missiles are just one of many ways to transport explosions, but it nice to know we are on their list
. If Australia has to pass more uranium onto them so they can properly cover all the major cities, cool. Australia is just too big (unless there is some death star type weapon out there) so there will always be some anarchy as the humans are exterminated.

Considering the Australian stance to US Foreign Policy I can fully accept the North Korean position. I am not sure if John Howard got set up or signed up when 9/11 went down, but rumours of Gough Whitlam and Harold Holt still continue. Considering the Oz / US shared heritage as large British colonies it is only natural we are close on political issues, but seriously America, just how objective are you being about the term 'national' in 'national security'?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

Japan was planning to invade Australia, but first they had to take Port Moresby which would become the staging ground. This was Australias last line of defence, if it fell than all of the east coast would be defenceless.
This is why it is called the Battle FOR Australia not OF Australia.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Gee my knob is massive yours is small thread

anyway, anyone thought that the NK may have missile that can reach OZ but doesn't , seriously you have plenty of cities/ countries, that this dong ( back to my slong is bigger) may fall on a populated area in south Asia, and we Australians are worried,

I have to ask. even if this is true. shooting a missile over any country is the REAL issue here

just my thoughts on it

Wal

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foley03a4

What about the HBO series "The Pacific", it left out Australians completely with the only reference to them was "Theyre all fighting in Africa".

Which is a load of bs. If it was set in America I wouldn't of cared, but for the majority of the series it was in Australia and had NO reference to Australians fighting in New Guinea at all.

Absolutely disgusting, this is why Americans believe they saved Australia, because their media has fed them BUllShIt

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Why does every thread usually end in the entire English speaking world bashing each other?

Because we're bored. lol And, you Brits don't speak english! You can SING in english, but then you destroy the language when you talk. What's up with that??? (Honestly, just kiddin', I LOVE you guys!)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
It's foolish to assume that N-Korea can't do damage. They have 2 stage rockets that have a 8-10km range and they probably have 3 stage by now. A 2 stage is enough to lob one damn near anywhere in the North Northwestern part of the world. The good news is it has crap accuracy and can only deliver a limited sized payload, but a nuke is a nuke right?? In a desperate situation they could lob these. One or more of these landing in your area is going to cause a very bad day.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join