It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea directs missiles towards Australia

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

Just something I found whilst researching dates of 'The Battle for Australia'.

Peter Stanley—the former principal historian at the Australian War Memorial—argues that the concept of a 'Battle for Australia' is mistaken as these actions did not form a single campaign aimed against Australia. Stanley has also stated that no historian he knows believes that there was a 'Battle for Australia'.[4] In a 2006 speech, Stanley argued that the concept of a Battle for Australia is invalid as the events which are considered to form the battle were only loosely related. Stanley argued that "The Battle for Australia movement arises directly out of a desire to find meaning in the terrible losses of 1942"; and "there was no 'Battle for Australia', as such", as the Japanese did not launch a co-ordinated campaign directed against Australia. Furthermore, Stanley stated that the phrase 'Battle for Australia' was not used until the 1990s and this 'battle' of the Second World War is not recognised by countries other than Australia.[5]

Wiki Battle for Australia

I know it is Wikipedia, but I found it interesting that the principal historian at the Australian War Memorial says that there was 'no Battle for Australia' since the Japanese never launched a co-ordinated campaign against Australia.

ETA: I am by no means saying that the US singlehandedly won WWII. It was a global effort, requiring blood spilled by a lot of men from a lot of countries. And of course it took a lot of sacrifices by civilians in those countries.
edit on 24-3-2012 by butcherguy because: To add.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation

Originally posted by Jace26
Firstly I'm not your bro.

You damn well got that right guy.

Secondly I have to repeat it since you clearly don't understand history.

More like you don't understand what the end game means, and that means we saved your ass!

We're not talking about the end of WW2 you fool, we're talking about the Battle for Australia, and its a well known fact that America played a very minor part in it. BUT it did play a very large part in the overall Pacific Theatre.

Which, you blind fool you, only validates my original point which is that whatever your battle for Australia was, it meant nothing at the end of the war. They were fighting us as well you ignorant moron. We were slowing them down the entire time while they were jumping islands. They could have put a blockade on your Continent without our Airforce you historically uneducated nimrod you.

My god are you so blind to actually believe, or expect others to believe such lies and fantasy driven drivel? LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's nothing more than a circus side show when it comes down to you Jace. Keep swimming worm boy. ~$heopleNation

STOP REFERRING TO WW2, I'M TALKING ABOUT THE BATTLE FOR AUSTRALIA #WIT, SOMETHING THAT AMERICA HAD VERY LITTLE ROLE IN.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Hey Dass & Jace26, you seem to have a hardened disdain for your allies over here in the Northern Hemisphere without even knowing the people that comprise the United States. You keep copping out saying that you do not hate our people just our government...well I have news for you buddy....

OUR GOVERNMENT IS OUR PEOPLE! and you CANNOT SEPERATE THE TWO!...We run a DEMOCRACY over here pal. The people make up our government and its policies so when you cop-out and talk all of this US government BS you are essentially talking to me and every other US citizen here and off of ATS.

So stop copping out and stand up and be a man and say what you mean.....You HATE us AMERICANS!.... The testicles in your nether region have more potential than the sole purpose of procreation.

I have more respect for those speaking their minds than those who don't and attempt to "become everybody's friend"....it can't be done guy. We still think highly of your people and respect your country, its people and your government.
edit on 24-3-2012 by maestromason because: *

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

What gain is there in showing ones hand if the outcome has no certain benefit an there is a large probability it would escalate the still ongoing state of war.

The better option is what has been done in the past object to it loudly and ignore the outcome be it a success test or fa failure. Any intervention would only serve to show the countermeasures available and help the other side prepare for them...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Jace26

Just something I found whilst researching dates of 'The Battle for Australia'.

Peter Stanley—the former principal historian at the Australian War Memorial—argues that the concept of a 'Battle for Australia' is mistaken as these actions did not form a single campaign aimed against Australia. Stanley has also stated that no historian he knows believes that there was a 'Battle for Australia'.[4] In a 2006 speech, Stanley argued that the concept of a Battle for Australia is invalid as the events which are considered to form the battle were only loosely related. Stanley argued that "The Battle for Australia movement arises directly out of a desire to find meaning in the terrible losses of 1942"; and "there was no 'Battle for Australia', as such", as the Japanese did not launch a co-ordinated campaign directed against Australia. Furthermore, Stanley stated that the phrase 'Battle for Australia' was not used until the 1990s and this 'battle' of the Second World War is not recognised by countries other than Australia.[5]

Wiki Battle for Australia

I know it is Wikipedia, but I found it interesting that the principal historian at the Australian War Memorial says that there was 'no Battle for Australia' since the Japanese never launched a co-ordinated campaign against Australia.

No you don't understand either, The Battle for Australia was fought to defend Australia from invasion which resulted in the campaigns in New Guinea, Kokoda, and Milne Bay as well as the Coral sea.

It was a defensive campaign to halt the invasion and it was won. If you want to know more watch the videos I posted on here.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by maestromason
Hey Dass & Jace26, you seem to have a hardened disdain for your allies over here in the Northern Hemisphere without even knowing the people that comprise the United States. You keep copping out saying that you do not hate our people just our government...well I have news for you buddy....

OUR GOVERNMENT IS OUR PEOPLE! and you CANNOT SEPERATE THE TWO!...We run a DEMOCRACY over here pal. The people make up our government and its policy so when you cop-out and talk all of this US government BS you are essentially talking to me and every other US citizen here and off of ATS.

So stop copping out and stand up and be a man and say what you mean.....You HATE us AMERICANS!.... The testicles in your nether region have more than the purpose of procreation.

I have more respect for those speaking their minds than those who don't and attempt to "become everybody's friend"....it can't be done guy. We still think highly and respect your country, its people and your government.
edit on 24-3-2012 by maestromason because: *

Daas doesn't hate Americans, that I can assure you as I've read a lot of his posts on other threads and he always seems to have a balanced opinion of everything.

Maybe everyone on here should take a step back and see what the thread title is?

"North Korea directs missiles at Australia"

But the thread has turned into a "Why should America help Australia" thread. Not surprising since many of you seem to think we owe you something when its really the other way around.

But if this was a "Iran directs missiles at Israel" you would all scream out to help them.

edit on 24-3-2012 by Jace26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

No you don't understand either, The Battle for Australia was fought to defend Australia from invasion which resulted in the campaigns in New Guinea, Kokoda, and Milne
I don't understand?

Who was the Allied commander of the New Guinea Campaign?

General Douglas MacArthur as Supreme Commander in the South West Pacific Area, led the Allied forces. MacArthur was based in Melbourne, Brisbane and Manila.

Source

So, you fellows just imported an American general to lead your troops..... Or might you be convinced by photos of American KIA in New Guinea that Americans fought there?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Jace26

No you don't understand either, The Battle for Australia was fought to defend Australia from invasion which resulted in the campaigns in New Guinea, Kokoda, and Milne
I don't understand?

Who was the Allied commander of the New Guinea Campaign?

General Douglas MacArthur as Supreme Commander in the South West Pacific Area, led the Allied forces. MacArthur was based in Melbourne, Brisbane and Manila.

Source

So, you fellows just imported an American general to lead your troops..... Or might you be convinced by photos of American KIA in New Guinea that Americans fought there?

Gen Douglas Macarthur was a terrible commander and a coward. He lost all his troops in the Phillipines so he escaped to Australia for safety, so he came to us.
Macarthur treated the Australians terribly, and gave Australian victories at Buna and Gona and relabelled them as Great American Victories.

Australians did the fighting while the American general just sat back, yeah real heroic.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

OUR GOVERNMENT IS OUR PEOPLE! and you CANNOT SEPERATE THE TWO!...We run a DEMOCRACY over here pal. The people make up our government and its policy so when you cop-out and talk all of this US government BS you are essentially talking to me and every other US citizen here and off of ATS.

So stop copping out and stand up and be a man and say what you mean.....You HATE us AMERICANS!.... The testicles in your nether region have more potential than the sole purpose of procreation.

I have more respect for those speaking their minds than those who don't and attempt to "become everybody's friend"....it can't be done guy. We still think highly and respect your country, its people and your government.
edit on 24-3-2012 by maestromason because: (no reason given)

Hey, what the # is wrong with you? I have never said i hated your country nor your government. We are good allies, but numerous times in the past America has screwed Australia, that is fact, and that is only what i say. You don't dislike something for no reason at all.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

...and they weren't there to protect Australia but pick up supplies.

Australia is an easy place to defend ... you block a couple of roads and let the wild dogs, snakes and crocs do the rest.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl
do you know what we will do if it lands in australia....we will give it free health care, internet access, free legal advice, a house, $10,000 to set up house, $500 bucks a week and a visa.

Reminds me of the Africans wearing suits as casual clothing and driving sports cars around town.

Only in Australia.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

Jace26,

I've already stated that we will help our allies at all cost. It is in our policies regarding the protection of US allies and interests abroad.

I don't know what else to tell you man other than you are SERIOUSLY WRONG!

The INTIMIDATION of our allies is not accepted in our policies and immediate action is taken, you can only wait and watch.

I am not a Washington talking head although I am a well-educated American citizen who knows our policies.

*btw...I do not think that you, your country or your government owes me jack squat.

edit on 25-3-2012 by maestromason because: *

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by daaskapital

"AMERICA # YEAH!!!" What a bunch of wankers!

Uh huh....until your country needs help. That was uncalled for....really. If NK fires a missle at any country....guess who will have their back?

Throughout history, no country at all has had Australia's back. Britain abandoned us in WW2. Then the USA rocked up all high and mighty half way through WW1 & WW2 thinking they are the best thing to ever exist. America didn't see Australia as an ally, they saw us as a tool, a tool to hold power in the Pacific and that is exactly what they are doing right now. They didn't help defend Australia, We defended ourselves. Yes, the Yanks were there in New Guinea at the end, but do you know what. They hid in the bush, while the Aussies were charging at the Japs.

Even the Japanese viewd Americans as cowards. Their personal views regarding Australians were overall good. They respected us for our courage, our valour, the way we fought. They though Americans were cowards, the way they fought, the way they hid, the way they took the glory of others. As far as i am concerned the Japanese were right about America.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

As far as the Battle of the Coral Sea is concerned, that battle was fought in a new way at the time..... All damages were inflicted on ships by aircraft.
Here is a list of Australian ships involved:

Australia’s part in the battle consisted of the heavy cruiser, HMAS Australia, the light cruiser HMAS Hobart, and aircraft flown from bases in Queensland by both Australian and American crews. The Australian squadron was commanded by Rear-Admiral J.G. Crace, an Australian-born member of the British Navy. The American cruiser, USS Chicago, and the destroyers, USS Perkins, USS Walke and USS Farragut, were also under Crace’s command.

Source
I didn't notice any Aussie aircraft carriers listed. Land based planes did bomb the Japanese landing forces at Port Moresby in New Guinea at the time of the Battle, but were not involved in the sea battle itself, with the exception of photo-reconnaissance duties.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

It is really easy to understand our international policies when it comes to our interests and our allies.....

DON'T # WITH EITHER ONE OF THEM!

We have a ZERO TOLERANCE policy and we back it up....oh do WE EVER BACK IT UP!

I am not a war monger BUT I am also a TRUE AMERICAN who believes in defending our freedoms AT ANY AND ALL COSTS!

Tough words for a country which hasn't successfuly won a war since WW2.
edit on 25-3-2012 by daaskapital because: sp

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

reply to post by Jace26

Jace26,

I've already stated that we will help our allies at all cost. It is in our policies regarding the protection of US allies and interests abroad.

I don't know what else to tell you man other than you are SERIOUSLY WRONG!

The INTIMIDATION of our allies is not accepted in our policies and immediate action is taken, you can only wait ans watch.

I am not a Washington talking head although I am a well-educated American citizen who knows our policies.

I'll talk with you later, I have to go now.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Don't you mean won?...but least I say that we have only been established as a country for 235 short years and in those short years I can't think of ONE country who has occupied us?

Can you?

Australia on the other hand...

We saved your country's ass so please show SOME gratitude.

*You obviously have a chip on your shoulder the size of a VW wagon!

edit on 25-3-2012 by maestromason because: *

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

Gen Douglas Macarthur was a terrible commander and a coward. He lost all his troops in the Phillipines so he escaped to Australia for safety, so he came to us. Macarthur treated the Australians terribly, and gave Australian victories at Buna and Gona and relabelled them as Great American Victories.
So you entrusted your valiant fighting men to his terrible leadership? Sounds pretty stupid to me.

Australians did the fighting while the American general just sat back, yeah real heroic.

So you are still sticking with the story that no Americans fought in New Guinea?

In January 1943 the Allied and the Japanese forces facing each other on New Guinea were like two battered heavyweights. Round one had gone to the Americans and Australians who had ejected the Japanese from Papua, New Guinea. After three months of unimaginative frontal attacks had overcome a well-entrenched foe, General Douglas MacArthur, the Southwest Pacific Area (SWPA) commander, had his airstrip and staging base
at Buna on the north coast. It was expensive real estate. About 13,000 Japanese troops perished during the terrible fighting, but Allied casualties were also heavy; 8,500 men fell in battle (5,698 of them Australians) and 27,000 cases of malaria were reported, mainly because of shortages of medical supplies. Besides ruining the Australian 7th and U.S. 32d Infantry Divisions, the campaign had severely taxed the Australian 5th and U.S. 41st Infantry Divisions. The exhausted Americans needed six months to reconstitute before their next operation. Australian ground forces, despite heavier losses, became the front line of defense against the Japanese who, though bloodied, were ready for round two.

Americans died alongside the Australians in New Guinea.

Source

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jace26
STOP REFERRING TO WW2, I'M TALKING ABOUT THE BATTLE FOR AUSTRALIA #WIT, SOMETHING THAT AMERICA HAD VERY LITTLE ROLE IN.

My apologies, Got away for awhile.

I think that maybe it's you that has to calm down son. You have come completely unhinged to the point where your choice of language very well might get you in trouble here. Not my business though, Cause as much as your foolishness frusterates me, I know you're just suffering from some brainwashing or at the very worst some sort of brain disorder. ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

This is absolutely stupid! What eveidence has teh US presented? NONE. all rhetoric. Cant you guys see that this is part fo thier agenda to have a greater say in Australaisa and Sth east Asia! This is why the US has put 2500 troops in Northern Territory. Recently Clinton has been on a South east Asian Visit drumming up support against China. All this is simply fear mongering so we have somebody else to blame or be afraid of. Wake up and read the events that has unfolded over the last year even, to come to this fera driven so called threat!

I get really sick when i read about so many ATSers ready to condemn. Sad state of affaris really.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join