It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake strikes central Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Earthquake strikes central Australia

news.ninemsn.com.au

One of the biggest earthquakes recorded in Australia has struck near a remote outback town - but no damage or injuries have been reported.

The 6.1 magnitude earthquake was recorded near Ernabella, in South Australia's far north, just before 8.30pm (CDT) on Friday.

The earthquake was recorded as being 6.1 magnitude at a depth of 3km by Geoscience Australia.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Now everyone, this is very strange, well for Australia any way. This is the biggest Earthquake to hit Australia since 1997. It stuck in the middle of nowhere, but did affect an Indigenous town - No deaths or infrastructural damage . What the hell is happening to the world? What does ATS have to say?

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Austalian seismic activity map - plenty of quakes in central Australia

Wiki page of significant Aussie earthquakes - this one isn't particularly unusual for size

What is the issue?

edit on 23-3-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Gods preping the world for a massive worldwide earthquake before the return of Christ . This is why we have been hearing these strange noises worldwide and having earthquakes in unusual places. You and most will skoff at this ,but it is true and will happen
edit on 23-3-2012 by Azadok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
California is next???

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

You said this is the largest earthquake in the area since 1997. 15 years ago. That means the quake 15 years ago was larger. And it didn't mean the world was breaking up, or falling apart, or anything of the sort.
The most we can say is that this means we probably have at least another 15 years before the world ends. Soooo...hug your children, or something.
edit on 23-3-2012 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

I know what you're saying, but earthquakes this big are a rarity in Australia.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

A rarity, but not unheard of. This is relatively large, but, as you say, it's not even the largest. Now, if there were a 9.0 right under Ayer's Rock, that would be more intriguing.

Just good to hear no one was hurt. Such a desolate place, it's one of those no one would even have heard about were it not for seismometers.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
6.1? Nothing to see here...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

Amen to that!

This is what I believe as well.

The Creator certainly has a plan for us, and He's letting us know through the sounds and convulsions of Mother Earth.

Be one with Mother Earth, and be one with your Creator.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
Koala, i am presuming you are an Aussie, going by your name. It is a significant size for Australia. I don't know why everyone jumps up and down when an earthquake of the same magnitude strikes the US or Mexico, no one seems to give a crap about Australia.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Originally posted by SilentKoala
Koala, i am presuming you are an Aussie, going by your name. It is a significant size for Australia. I don't know why everyone jumps up and down when an earthquake of the same magnitude strikes the US or Mexico, no one seems to give a crap about Australia.

I can tell you why they jump up and down when any minuscule 'disaster' hits the US... it's because the US thinks it's more important than everyone else. I remember when Hurricane Katrina hit and they were comparing it to the 2004 tsunami... lol not even close. As for the quake in Mexico, that one was pretty big and near population centers, so it was worth covering. From what I understand about the Australian quake, it was only moderately sized and out in the middle of nowhere. Maybe some kangaroos or crocodiles were affected, nothing to lose sleep over. And no I'm not an Aussie

edit on 23-3-2012 by SilentKoala because: (no reason given)

top topics

join