It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Matter What Your Politics, Why Is Anyone Living In Poverty?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by humanityisawful
greed.

The answer is really quite simple and I can see that you beat me to it. Greed, an attribute that crosses all party lines and language barriers, is indeed the sole reason that people live in poverty.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Simple Survival Model Earthship

Of course tires and bottles are not the only way to go. Cob homes with recycled wood, and recycled glass or just buying only what you need, can be put up for as litttle as 10 000 in some cases, or 20 000, the price of a good second hand truck.

And heating and cooling doesnt need to be totally avoided, for there are many methods aside from solar and wind, first of all one can increase the solar and wind, one can also employ salt water batteries, and bio fuel for heating (instead of wood), and communities could consider geothermal, wind/tide, etc. Parabolic mirrors, stirling engines, electro magnetic and tesla coils, there are many ways to increase energy. I like earthship homes, but also love this:

www.claysandstraw.com...

ilovecob.com...

Cob Houses - Live Debt Free with Sustainable Development

There is no reason for anyone to live like this:

A Tiny Apartment Transforms into 24 Rooms

Or For anyone to be living like this:

Homeless People Interviews

Or this

Every 5 seconds starving kids of Africa dies, Please help

It comes from us. Government is approving of depopulation, Fukushima, Poisons, Toxins, Fascism, and they are the most paid off scumbags going, there are very little white hats and none that we elect IMO, and also where are their voices telling us the truth? Why do they stay so silent?

We have to get over the laziness of thinking they will solve it, or if we magically vote the right folk in once even, it will change. We have to change it, locally, by setting aside land and equalizing, helping, getting small businesses going and only buying from each other, local groups and local media and local muscle in city hall, really learning how to exercise our power, counsels of citizens. Then maybe we won't vote this type of system anymore and start to demand world wide standards, and citizen counsels. Maybe healthy communities can educate, export their examples outward and adopt overseas and start a haven there.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Do you think its greed for the average person, I don't think the average person has anything as nice as the earthship video myself, except maybe a better choice lots, with grass and flowers, at least I would have.

But, don't you think its greed at the top? And apathy bad programming?

Don't people feel incredibly guilty when they sleep for not speaking up and doing something?

What if at the end of life we will be shown all the uncorked bottles of wine we never tasted or the untold things we never did, or shown people who were there for us to deal with, but we never even met them, and didn't reach in time?

Change starts with us, and strong communities.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Greed is not the only reason, it only serves to shift all the responsibility from the poor to the rich, which happens to be cool now. Stupidity, laziness and apathy is up there with greed.

To actually solve poverty, Id say apathy is the main of them. People are used to the existence of poverty, they consider it normal.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

1 MILLION pounds of Food on 3 acres. 10,000 fish 500 yards compost

I keep thinking, how many have homes in cities like say Vancouver, Toronto, upwards to 800 000, who could sell out and set up eco farms for their families and friends and end up helping their communities enormously, if they moved where land was cheaper.

I just think we have the power, we've been wasting it trapped in their treadmills.

Aside from some of the goals we have, for if and when a property sells, to inspiration for businesses for the boys, I realized what I would do is get some land, and start with old trucks, old campers/Rv's rebuilt.

Not with just wood and resources, but recycling, as in paper crete, as in minerals, paper mache, hemp fibres, in a slurry, or canvas/water proof arctic fabrics even, and have a cluster of homes on wheels, for cheap, with a big yurt, also classified as temporary, for overflow, commercial kitchen, larger bath, laundry, game/music room for kids, the extra needed space and for zoning, and invite family/friends to join up, and over time build small hobbit homes for all.

And aquaponics.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
They don't need to be 200 square feet. The 14 X 70 mobile homes that fit under house size were just under 1000 square feet, and are considered small. The under 1000 is considered a cottage. I'd be building homes 500-700 square feet, and a few smaller teenage pads. Cluster hobbit homes draped with flowers, vines, and hummingbird feeders.

Heaven on earth.

Off grid, and producing tons of food.

Everyone on earth could live like this right now.

I think we should be insisting on this, and doing all we can in our communities if we're blessed with the ability. And export the model throughout the world.

edit on 29-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

flickrhivemind.net...

middleearthhome.com... -week-day-26-freaky-friday-airlock-black-water-septi/

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Inequality of power and wealth is fundamental to our make up. Its what we are. Sadly.

Men do not want to be equal. They only want equality to the next tier up (until they get there).

Social status (measured by power, wealth and popularity) is how we define ourselves against each other in the competition for reproduction.

You'll have to genetically engineer your desired outcome if you want total equality.

A more realistic goal is to raise the minimum while acknowledging the competitive aspects of our species. That can be done. Poverty in the UK now is not the same as poverty in the UK in victorian times.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
We have built a machine that can only survive on a steady diet of human time
being fed to it. Unfortunately, we cannot agree to put human life and existence
above the whims of that machine, instead we have manufactured a system that
has become totally and completely dependent upon a tyrannical mechanism that
is supposed to be the engine of freedom.

The machine does not think, no one can control it and it eats your life's time for
breakfast, lunch and dinner. You are only completely free to starve, die or give
into the demands of the machine. Meanwhile the world around us has much more than
this sick machine and the world does not charge you time in exchange for existence
or sustenance.

We are addicted to an idiot's past because it is the very fabric of our existence.
edit on 29-7-2012 by pisssss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Its not fundamental to a whole bunch here, never was to me. I don't anyone to whom it is except for a few who I call dinosaurs in my family, a handful out of hundreds whereas I do know many that would embrace in a flash.

Its actually the very small privileged group, who feel like this.

What I notice with ordinary people is:

1. Their lack of vision. They can't envison other ways, for they havnt explored this, they're in a box. This thread is to show that, and it needs to be taken to a community level.

2. Then would come the programming, where people have suffered much, struggled much, neglected their families, made their children talk to the hand, to keep up with the Jones's instead of family oriented lifestyles. And because enough of them have energy and health to be the slaves, they don't want to free the world up for everyone, they feel since they suffered so much, everyone should do it too. Its a very bad program in people, and its based on selfishness. Instead of Love and looking at their own children's faces and working for a better world for them, and recognizing this treadmill is programming by the elite.

And instead of being critical of others, instead everyone needs to break the chains binding them and live and let live, for that is not the way we are meant live.

beanienus.blogspot.ca...

www.microecofarming.com...

inspirationalvillage.wordpress.com...

Its the children and the equality, and family time that is needed the most. Pursuits of invention, energy, art, creativity, music, aquaponics, and volunteering, are the most important things, along with any other calling a person has, be it teaching, counseling, medicine.

But we need to start opting out, and working in communities, with a visible presence and giving a voice to ALL, everyone, working at understanding everyone, the marginal ones especially, and working for WIN/WIN's for all, overturning any local unlawful ordinances designed to control your own use of your own land, and prevent food production and multi family properties.

inspirationalvillage.wordpress.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Years ago when most of the utility companies were owned by the government you could do this easily. Today these utility companies are privately run for profit and the local governments make laws that favor these companies.

You must get occupancy permits to live on your own land, generally speaking you must have electric, water and sewer provided by these private companies to live on your own land.
Generally speaking the more rural the area the less government regulation.

The government doesn't want people to be self sufficient or self sustaining. This goes against the for profit model under capitalism, or whatever version of capitalism were currently using.

I personally long for this lifestyle.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I found this one again. Hemp as in a light weight super strong paper mache, sand/clay and fibre fo slurries as the hemp is one of the strongest and longest, so it would make lightweight but strong building supplies for homes, furniture, etc.

But also in brick form, mixed with lime, it becomes harder than stone and long lasting.

Hemp Bricks are harder than concrete for homes and buildings!

SBDC 2009 Hempcrete

If you substitue papercrete and hemp slurries you can replace the 20 000 you need to build even a tiny home on wheels.

And spare the environment and habitat.

Habitats Hawaii ~ incredible self contained sustainable homes on wheels!

You could take any run down trailer or mobile home and turn it into something else altogether.

And for temporal homes, while in the process of building cob, I see yurts, and canvas homes, with lots of really good insulation, whether straw, some tires, and possibly hemp or recycling.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

My father knows those who sell power back, we had well water, and anyone can create their own power, in most areas, (would not choose to live in any other area, like inner city for example).

The biggest problem is getting around multi dwelling, and yet people do, there certainly are ways.

The other matters, yup that is why we need local groups, citizen counsels in every region working at problem solving, waking up to the elite slave system we're all in, and excersing muscle, political grass roots muscle to overturn some of the more restrictive home uses and farm uses bylaws, that take people learning: hey we're the bosses here, and most of your legislation and bylaws and codings are unlawful, and you're breaking your office trust with us, so we are getting rid of you by any means necessary, be forwarned, hope your affairs are in order and you're not one of those corrupt representatives that could be nailed to the wall by private investigators, because we the people are going to insure that we win, and this corruption stops.

I meant that is what it will take for some areas, some are already like that.

For example, when and if we get the chance to look for land, its going to be interior and in areas where things can be done.

But it has to be spread. Exported, so that other areas can start to set the norms themselves, work with their employees/represnatives to make sure they are doing a good job in their offices of trust.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

yurt tour

Time lapse of a Yurt Build

I'd be stuffing these with insulation. And consider pvp faming good too.

Yurts 1

How to build a 14x14 solar cabin

I could see the teens living in this easy. I'd certainly have more AC than the solar panels. There are many ways to do off grid and having a variety, including earthern batteries only makes a lot of sense.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I keep seeing threads on how depopulation is needed. How there isn't enough food or resources. That the energy is going to shut down.

So many shills or bought off people, I can't tell which, but really its all the same thing, lack of wisdom.

The reason we're in this mess is because people don't have those citizens watchdog councils in every town and are taught to hate, the homeless, the single moms, anyone who isn't a a healthy and productive like they are.

So somehow something that has only benefitted the few is entrenched over us, unlawfully. Its not legal, it violates not only constitutions but also basic common law.

And every single person, could be living free, having or sharing their own highly productive organic, farms, even in smaller spaces, and produce their own energy.

I don't want to see those threads anymore.

I even posted a link to this one, and to the venus project, and had someone wrote that I was trolling/spamming my own thread.

They obviously didn't like it that their premise was a lie and there are countless solutions.

And I was countering the Title and OP of the current one, and showing its a complete farcity to even suggest that depopulation is needed and we're destroying earth.

The elite are doing that by design and offloading the karma onto humans, while passing unlawful legislations left right and center.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
By the way these kinds of solutions are just showing, that if a person was going for land, with family and friends, and had to wait for some time before those cob homes could be slowly built by the team, this is the quick solution and can always be utilized for the teens and guests, or for little office, studio, and finding creative ways to reduce the cost, through recycling, or alternative building materials, is wonderful.

Tiny Yellow House - Sage's Gypsy Wagon (Handbuilt portable cabin/tiny home in Boston)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I hope you are right and i am wrong.

I'm enjoying your thread.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Well its not really about who is right or wrong. To begin with, there is no reason for the scarsity and starvation, the reasons are ISMS, opinions, thoughts. They are therefore crimes. Its not earth not providing.

So first of all the solutions are all around us. We need to realize that, at least in whatever numbers can do so, and start to make this known to people.

That way, if enough are good hearted they may sell their big city homes and start a few eco farms, and it may grow.

One thing I will never do is cave into NWO. Like if everyone is asleep at the wheel, I still see the injustices that occur around us, like the woman who's front yard garden and trees where destroyed and cut down or the couple in Quebec.

These are moments where the Universe is handing us the ball and saying, hey, this is a freedom issue for everyone. Start to fight the corruption and work till you win no matter how many times you have to fire the cannon of justice, and find pro bono help if needed.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
And to be perfectly honest with you, the small city I live in is a rural area, its like living in the country, the problems are the pollution coming in from Vancouver, so I can't breathe well often.

But, there are beautiful neighborhoods, and I'm not suggesting everyone should abandon their homes and leave their areas.

Rather that they find solutions, whole city blocks could operate as eco farms, and yet still be private dwellings. I wouldnt share a home with someone. And I like big spaces too. Back yards can be wonderful gardens and greenhouses, even basement green houses with the right lighting, and wind/solar can greatly reduce or replace big hydro bills.

However, people who don't like huge rent or morgage payments should start to look around and find the solutions in groups.

Vehicles should already be modded to electric in the city, or hybrid. That would cut down the pollution enormously.

I can't believe that governments haven't been called up on this by their citizens and made to stop serving the fossil fuel giants, and start implementing mandatory moderations to vehicles, new and old, and since our government runs one of the big banks here, then extend credit to everyone to mod their vehicles so its electric for in city and hydrogen or bio fuel or something that has clean emmisions, for highway speed

It takes waking up and insisting action be done. Millions of phone calls on a regular basis would make them duck and dodge alot.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Walter Lewin Makes a Battery out of Cans and Water

Lots of ideas on this thread, Greenpowerscience makes some really good videos on how to create offgrid technology.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Greenpowerscience Offgrid Projects

www.icehouse.net...
Earth Batteries.

I had some on another hard drive, and hope its still in my many saved files, because most earth batteries only give a small charge, but even at that, if you stack enough trays, you can get some lights on, especially if you're using LEDs.

But I had some blueprints for real storage battery, that would replace the kind you use in motor homes, etc.

Here is a more costly solution, more for a region, but apparently produces far more power than nuclear power plants and is far cleaner and with basic maintenance.

So off grid and on grid solutions exist that would make dangerous solutions and power bills, or large power bills a thing of the past, and its up to us to say. DO IT!

www.halfbakery.com...

By the way, using pdf it, and creating pdfs and saving information just in case, there is a power outage, or the grid goes down for years, or any number of weird things happen, is a good thing.

I never see people just taking it, in every disaster we've heard about, people stand up, and group up.

There are man with tools and construction skills.

Should the power go out meet up with others in the town square, metaphorically speaking, and bring out some solutions.

www.angelfire.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join