It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Matter What Your Politics, Why Is Anyone Living In Poverty?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This is short but sweet, and cuts to the quick of all political, socio economic, philosophical ideology, all the ISMS of life that don't matter at all. The only things that matter is the feelings and happiness of all human beings here, and extending that to other life forms. And the viability and health of the eco system.

Not what job you have!

Not if you have a job!

Not if you don't want a job working as a slave!

For every person everywhere, there should be no exceptions.

This is a huge world, they say you can put us all in Australia, but then, others say thats not true and do some alternative math. Maybe not, but you could put everyone in Canada! That only uses a portion of the world.

There is plenty of room for everyone.

Why do we not all have our own land and have villages get together like in Bali and put up houses? For everyone! And be sovereign on our own land! No need to property taxes!

Why is are not gardens and heritage seeds, and aquaponics, utilized.

These houses run on solar and wind. I would add some exotic inventions too!

They recycle rain water!

They require no heating or cooling!

They are loaded with green house plants and even grow banana's near your kitchen!

Some areas may need to adapt. I would need more heat in the winter. More energy devices can be added so power should not be a problem!

Water can be tricky in drought areas, so desalination plants run by tide, and piped in to everyone, and even dehumidifying devices.

On shared land, sharing a few cows for milk, butter, cheese, yogurt with several families, roses and oranges, limes for vitamin C. Chickens for organic eggs and a bit of meat to add to the fish.

Elderly and individuals could be housed in sort of separate townhouse or condo forms of this with shared gardens. And some volunteers to help run it from the communities.

Why can't all the people be housed and fed within a couple of months on this planet?

Why don't we all INSIST THAT ALL THE PEOPLE BE HOUSED AND FED WITHIN A COUPLE MONTHS.

Self Sufficiencies!

Why is anyone homeless or hungry in this world!!!!

These homes are made with both new, and recycled components, akin to cob homes, using the natural minerals on the property often, if you choose not to use cement, they're environmentally friendly.

Fishing in the Phoenix Earthship

So the question is, what do conservatives have against everyone living free like this, and everyone having land?

What do the liberals have against everyone living free like this, and everyone having land?

What is preventing a decent world from existing?

edit on 23-3-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
greed.

link   
This will be the sort of lifestyle we live when we decide to grow up.

The reason Republicans and Democrats do not want this to happen is because of money. They are beholdent to the corporate/false-capitalistic regime.

Humans must be controlled by the need to "pay their way" through life.

link   
There is nothing stopping us ending homelessness and poverty for all people on this planet within a couple of months!

Lets end it!

What is in our hearts that prevents people living equally?

Take that dark stuff out and renounce it!

Its time to really stand up and demand everyone world wide live on their own land, with resources and food. It could be done in months!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I downloaded it. I notice a tendency of the video's I use in links sometimes disappearing and the articles occasionally too!

Earthship Living

Here's one in Northern Canada, cheap, off the electrical grid, and they work at what they want and volunteer. It meets Canadian building codes, constructed with old tires, and inner non weight bearing walls uses soda cans and bottles.

Earthship documentary

Cob Houses - Live Debt Free with Sustainable Development

Recycled Cob homes often built under 10 000 dollars.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
There is no one in the system of money who is willing to help out on a grand scale to organize all these people to live sustainably. It's all about control and the power and fear it comes with that control. If i was a sick bastard and i had rule over portions of the world through money i would look at them like my slaves and not give a # about them. But i am not a man of physical wealth and those who are only hoard it. They are selfish reptilian minded hoarders. Me me me. More for me, none for you. SUFFER and i can control you. Order out of the chaos that is man made

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I will not happen. If we stood up and demanded this to happen they would toss us in the looney bin and throw away the key.

It would take an intervention from a much more powerful source to change the way we live. Alien intervention?

I have used this quote a few times, but it will always ring true:

"Why do we pay to live on a planet we were born on?"-Alex Collier

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

What would happen, if 70% of people woke up and said, its so simple, no one needs to starve and all wrote in firing the governments and formed a party of their own. Would the leaders change and start to implement it?

I suspect something would start happening.

So, to me, its more likely that we can't get alternative ideas out?

But maybe people could stuff flyers under car wipers, or get the word out in ever town.

Its something that needs doing ASAP!

This alone would change the world.

Also, it would get people's power back because if a majority speak up and don't get results, they're going to start making sure they get results.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I think this is a very reasonable goal, that could easily be reached. It just takes some will power.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I agree. It needs to be done and have advocated for such a change. I am just not optimistic that it is that simple.

It is going to take a catastrophic event or life-changing intervention before a majority of people are even willing to consider it.

Have you been out there lately? People are brain-dead zombies walking around on autopilot! I hate to put it that way but I interact with these people everyday and it is a miracle just to get them to realize there is something more than the TV and going to "da club".

edit on 23-3-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Unity we have crossed many paths together-I stand with you here on this-

These are the things that matter, what is going on today and what we can make tomorrow become-I too see no reason for any one to be hungry, to be without shelter-we are advanced enough as a species to make it become....but we are not advanced enough in our hearts yet, as a species.

But I have had a strong urge here lately-like I want to go sit in front of the white house with signs and posts notes to the world that we are big enough as a people, to make this a priority, to start to care about others that are without.

Love
LV

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

This is the thing, after my 10 year old son started listening to Pink's Funhouse song, which made my hair stand on end. Its a M'Kultra song. The evil clowns are TPTB, not the people, but then the words, the countdown has begun we're going to burn this all down, and I just thought, WOW. This is their plan! And setting the meme with a catchy tune to join in the tear down party, the vandalism?

There is No Need for tearing anything down!

Just educating and saying, no. One letter that costs less than a dollar, maybe one a week if possible. And a phone call here and there.

A few flyers, with the goal to permantly end poverty and unnecessary greed and slavery.

Encourage people to work at what they really want to, their dreams, most things are being automated anyway, or shipped oversea's.

We don't need tear downs.

Just communication.

And a campaign. Lets end poverty now.

I'm tired of the negative ideas, its time to realize, the simplest and best ideas are right in front of our eyes. The solutions have always really been here, but some of this is more modern, the solar, etc.

Although I found this interesting, seems Leonardo DaVinci understood the more exotic energy:

Freedom from Leonardo Da Vinci - Perpetual Motion-gravity engine

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
Unity we have crossed many paths together-I stand with you here on this-

These are the things that matter, what is going on today and what we can make tomorrow become-I too see no reason for any one to be hungry, to be without shelter-we are advanced enough as a species to make it become....but we are not advanced enough in our hearts yet, as a species.

But I have had a strong urge here lately-like I want to go sit in front of the white house with signs and posts notes to the world that we are big enough as a people, to make this a priority, to start to care about others that are without.

Love
LV

I love you! Thanks for being on the thread. I feel this urge too. Not to shout and yell and riot. But to speak up with dignity, gracefully protest and exhibit intelligence and heart and spirit to solve basic simple problems like this.

We have so many problems in this world, but the biggest of all, has the simplest solutions.

Surely enough people voicing this with dignity could make a difference and see it built. Land donations, there certainly is some extra land around. And team work!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I love your passion Unity-its a force without limits.

I do think things like this cant be forced...Im not sure the best ways to go about it all either. I love the ideas of homes you have brought forth in this thread and many others...but some wont want to live that way either.

I think smaller networks could begin and I know there are many already....but there are world wide global issues that are not that simple. We are talking about alot of people to help and there are just not that many willing to make it a global issue and priority. For it to really work, the world would have to accept it as a global issue, a issue for all of humanity, that its a right to have food and shelter and water.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

It can be done community or county by country, but a global effort is the best way. The pieces of the puzzle are here. Its putting it together and getting it out in a very intelligent way that should reach cross platform to all people. Some already are well off, obviously they may not choose to sell all and join in, but there should be this option, for all.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I really think that we will have to have a more uniting of nations before such could really be. Many walls must fall Im afraid, first. But that does not mean you or anyone should stop talking about how we could do better, be better, as a world, as a people.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Poverty is how you keep people down, and when you keep people down it's easier to control them. They can't pay attention to what's really going on because they're worried about how they're going to eat next week. They don't want to fight because they want to preserve what little they have. I honestly believe there was a change in doctrine at some point when powerful men realized they didn't need to control people with the title of a king. They could control through financial means. A democracy gave the people a illusion of choice, it gave the masses an illusion that they were in control of their own lives. The men in power no longer had to rule with the critical eye of the public upon them, they could rule in complete darkness. You can kill a king or president, you can't kill those you do not know of. The presidents, monarchs, congressmen, whatever their titles are nothing more than fall guys. Just a window dressing for what is really behind the veil. Everything points in this direction yet people just have walls built up, they don't want to believe their so called elected leaders have no real power to make any kind of significant change. Good thread S&F

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Like I said, I agree with you. I commend you for your optimism and it would do us all some good if we would do exactly what you speak of.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

I will not happen. If we stood up and demanded this to happen they would toss us in the looney bin and throw away the key.

It would take an intervention from a much more powerful source to change the way we live. Alien intervention?

I have used this quote a few times, but it will always ring true:

"Why do we pay to live on a planet we were born on?"-Alex Collier

We don't need aliens to save us, all we need to do is grow a pair.

If we can't stand up and stand for ourselves not all the aliens in the cosmos can save us.

Salvation will come when people rise up and hang TPTB high.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Stadtsmasher

I was with you up until the part of stringing them up.

We need to learn how to be assertive, to flex our collective muscles and motivate each other to get things done, be good watchdogs for the political systems, veto all the stuff we don't like, non violent. non participation and non obedience to crimes they pass off as laws, and yet at the same time, not growing those muscles that are so badly needed by all of us, and just reverting to caveman pounding and abuse to win, is failing the tests here.

Its not that way. We need to do what we all seem so uncomfortable doing, grow our effectiveness at working for common goals in our communities. And even forming new parties if needed.
edit on 23-3-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join