It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Danish TV Host Mocks Obama for His Rhetoric

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Here is Obama making a fool of himself yet again..

Thomas Buch-Andersen, host of the Danish TV show Detektor, mocked President Obama's political rhetoric in a recent episode. "Obama used a metaphor from boxing to explain Denmark's role in the world," says Buch-Andersen, introducing the segment. He then roles the tape. "That's fairly typical of the way that Danes have punched above their weight in international affairs," President Obama says at a press availability in the Oval Office with Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt of Denmark.

"It's nice to be praised," Buch-Andersen remarks. "We punch harder than our weight class would suggest. But how much should we read into his words? According to Obama, are we doing any better than, say, the Norwegians?" The TV host again turns to the tape, this time showing President Obama in the Oval Office with Norwegian prime minister Jens Stoltenberg. "I've said this before, but I want to repeat: Norway punches above its weight," Obama says. Back to Buch-Andersen. "Hmm. So Norway packs a punch too. But what about the Netherlands? Here, their head of government, Mark Rutte, visits Obama." The tape roles yet again. "We have no stronger ally than the Netherlands," says Obama. "They consistently punch above their weight." The TV host continues, pointing to the similar rhetoric Obama used when Ireland's head of state came to town, and then the Philippines. Buch-Andersen wonders aloud, "Maybe the copy key got stuck on the presidential speechwriter's keyboard."

Watch the whole segment:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
What a jack.
America, this is who you wanted to represent us!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

So Obama thinks Europeans are naive as Americans.
American ignorance at display
edit on 23-3-2012 by Intrud3r because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Patchman

The copy key getting stuck remark is funny stuff, to use that line of bull on several dignitaries should get someone fired now that it was picked up on and we know it won't be Obama .

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Patchman

Besides saying everyone is our strongest ally, which is just flattery, I don't see the problem? Is it the boxing metaphor? Whats wrong with that?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I never heard of this TV host and a watch a lot of danish television, maybe too much, lol.

On another note, Obama's poor creativity doesn't surprise me one bit. A lot of the Danish politicians aren't any better though.
edit on 23-3-2012 by JokerzReality because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
And for the hipsters to praise this potus for all the great changes he has made, makes me sick. I am also embarrassed. I normally wouldn't use this term but, facepalm.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Hes lying by telling everyone the same thing. Are you a fan of lies?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by humanityisawful

Would you rather he say who is the US's closest ally?

Then Obama has to tell all the other drooling foreign leaders in what relation they are to his favorite closest ally. What would you rather he tell these visiters? He's not that keen on them.

It's more the desperation of other nations to be considered America's closest ally that forces US presidents to pat the belly of their visiting counter parts.

It's an obsession of the British establishment, that any US president highlights the "special relationship". Seems like most other countries have the same obsession.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

This video just shows Obama being a big suck up, and in my opinion its pretty disrespectful and poorly represents our country. By telling everyone they're our closest ally (with the same stupid boxing reference), if anything he is weakening our bond with them.

edit on 23-3-2012 by humanityisawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I am not sure what you mean? What exactly do you want him to say? Like wood said before, it is basically a tradition for America to tell our allies we are the closest. Do you want him say they are like on our top 20 list.

Pandering to allies is nothing new, and in fact probably allows our continued relationship with them. Saying "Yah, your pretty useless" is not a way to make friends.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Well he could try to make it less obvious lol

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
he is the most unauthentic president this country has ever seen. I don't see how anyone in their right mind could vote this man into office a second time around.

I would love to meet any obama supporters in person and break down their opinions so they too can see how he is an embarrassment to our Nation and should have never been put in office.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I never understood why any country's leader wants to hear the US say that they are the closest ally.

Why don't countries try to build up their militaries to rival that of the US instead of wanting to hear those magic words?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
I never understood why any country's leader wants to hear the US say that they are the closest ally.

Why don't countries try to build up their militaries to rival that of the US instead of wanting to hear those magic words?

Money and the fact that most countries have more important things to use their money on than weapons and military! For example, the well being of their citizens. Some countries do see that as more important than being able to go into war.

Most countries are not as war hungry as the US is. And almost every citizen of Denmark don't even care about being the closest ally to the US, Heck i don't even think that our leaders cares about being the closest allly, that sentence means nothing in our ears, it's stupid and unrealistic and every dane knows that. The host just makes a bit of fun with Obama's idiotic rethoric, he is being sarcastic and doesn't care, this is typically danish humor.

Him saying that we always have been a great ally instead of the closest ally, maybe just means that he respect our intelligence more than the intelligence of the other countries... I don't know. However he could have said the same thing to the other countries and saved face. The closest ally sentence clearly means nothing and is the most idiotic sentence to repeat again and again while the whole world is wacthing.

You would think that he could affort better spin doctors, but i guess all the money has been spent on funding meaningless wars just to show their powers of. A power that can be easily lost if the whole world decides to go against them for having such a false president.
edit on 24-3-2012 by JokerzReality because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by JokerzReality

Money and the fact that most countries have more important things to use their money on than weapons and military! For example, the well being of their citizens. Some countries do see that as more important than being able to go into war.

Most countries are not as war hungry as the US is. And almost every citizen of Denmark don't even care about being the closest ally to the US, Heck i don't even think that our leaders cares about being the closest allly, that sentence means nothing in our ears, it's stupid and unrealistic and every dane knows that. The host just makes a bit of fun with Obama's idiotic rethoric, he is being sarcastic and doesn't care, this is typically danish humor.

Him saying that we always have been a great ally instead of the closest ally, maybe just means that he respect our intelligence more than the intelligence of the other countries... I don't know. However he could have said the same thing to the other countries and saved face. The closest ally sentence clearly means nothing and is the most idiotic sentence to repeat again and again while the whole world is wacthing.

You would think that he could affort better spin doctors, but i guess all the money has been spent on funding meaningless wars just to show their powers of. A power that can be easily lost if the whole world decides to go against them for having such a false president.

That makes sense but I don't think even the whole world stands that good of a chance to defeat the US in a war.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

That makes sense but I don't think even the whole world stands that good of a chance to defeat the US in a war.

Have you been here?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Have you been here?

I went over there when I was a kid.

new topics

top topics

join